Big Chief Studios - 1/6 Doctor Who - #09 Christopher Eccleston

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Both are a huge leap backwards. Bcs are a scam. The promo of 9 looks amazing but that? Thats not what people have paid their money on. The smiling 10 always looked terrible though.

Does this look lke the new sculpt?

9th-doctor-series-1-gallery-12.jpeg

It's the same sculpt but with new paint. I'd say it's a slight downgrade but still one of their best head-sculpts yet, I really wasn't expecting the mass release sculpt to be as good as the prototype anyway so I'm not bothered. September can't come quick enough.

Are those production paints? The eyes on 9 are definite improvements compared to their other figs, and he's not bad, but the paint did alter some of the shape visually. I really am not sure what to or if I should say anything about smiling 10, so I'll keep my mouth shut. I'm not sure why he has those heavy freckles either.

They "fix" the headsculpt but they can't fix that awful Giraffe Neck that this figure has going on?

I can't get into Big Chief. They charge way too much for what they make.

I couldn't agree more about the price. Also the bodies used are cr@p.
I can get two Hot Toys figures for the price of one BC figure. If also have a more solid figure 'in hand'. That said, as these are essentially display pieces that have minimal handling, it's not such a big issue until you consider the cost. Simply no excuse for cheap tacky light weight bodies.

Then, when all is said and done, these are THE best Doctor Who products on the market, and I have to get em all !!

I don't like the new look for Nine and Ten with the new paint, etc. I read on FB that BCS is comparing this to HT work but I thought they looked better before. I'm actually holding off on The War Doctor, which was one of my biggest wants until I see Nine in hand.

It's the same sculpt. BCS are their own worse enemies when it comes to self promotion. The sculpt will look great in hand. This is the same dance we go through every damn time a figure is about to be released.

690b294bf1529ab8934723d5e202433e.jpg

Yeah hopefully it is just a matter of bad photography and a different looking paintjob, and not something worse like a distorted casting that's made the head a lot shorter and rounder than it should be...

This is the new sculpt, I'm trying to decide if it's better or worse...
View attachment 286944

:lol I can't decide either!! Hopefully it will look good in-hand - they usually do. BCS aren't renowned for their lighting and photography skills when showing these things off (IMO). I remember when I first saw the second 11th Doctor figure....

Yup, this is with a new head paint. They've changed 10 too. Not sure how I feel about these
View attachment 286945

Still looks as creepy as hell!! :lol Not sure what I'm going to do with this one!

It's the same sculpt. BCS are their own worse enemies when it comes to self promotion. The sculpt will look great in hand. This is the same dance we go through every damn time a figure is about to be released.

I am not a fan of the 9th Doctor, so I won't be getting this. But this is a good sculpt. I go as far as to say that it looks better than the promo image, which looks a bit a bit on the rough side. The promo image looks as though he has been hitting the sauce for the last 900+ years.

Where is that photo from?

I never saw the Series 4 Tenth Doctor in person, but I just don't want a similar situation with this figure where we get a flat, toy-like paint job.

Consider yourself lucky, it was an atrocious paint job that completely undermined an otherwise good sculpt. Big Chief's worst effort since the Amy Pond debacle in my opinion.

Personally I applaud their efforts to improve on their paints, but why they don't go back to whoever did their Hartnell First Doctor figure (still their best work in terms of both paint and outfitting in my view), or at the very least to those that did the second Eleven release, I'll never know. That's certainly the kind of quality they should be aiming at, at bare minimum, every time at bat.

These sculpts, on the other hand, I'd be lying to say I wasn't worried about how Nine is going to turn out now. But I wrote that smiling Ten off long ago, so I just watch the creepy Ten roadshow with detached bemusement at this point.

I'll be selling my 9th straight on (nothing to do with the new photos), I've just had to trim down to a couple of my favourite Doctors, due to the number of lines I'm collecting & the sheer number of characters coming out.

I am super excited about this release.

It going to be great to not only have the 9th Doctor but the new 10th Build-A-Figure as well! :)

we all have opinions based on wht we are seeing some will be positive others not. whats annoying is how BCS are convinced they are perfect and if anyone has a slight criticism or negative reaction they are labeled a hater or troll via BCS staff. gettin old fast........ not a fan.

out of all my 1/6 figs from BCS(11,12,10,4 and sherlock) only one leg is not floppy at upper thigh swivel. new from box. that is a far from a perfect company. if they are opening up prod sample figs from factory, the one customers get and are ok with that i seriously question wht they consider acceptable at this price point and its even more annoying when they behave as if they are perfect and HT quality publicly labeling those that disagree a hater or troll.

i did not PO nine but may get at retail ONLY cuz i have no other options for 1/6 Who.

edit-why do they insist on a 5'oclock shadow?

Back