Big Chief Studios - 1/6 Doctor Who - #09 Christopher Eccleston

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well to be fair, some of the criticism does get pretty harsh and over the top at times (especially on FB), so I can understand why they may get a bit overly defensive. And they have quite often made changes based on feedback, like reworking a sculpt or giving us alternate heads.

I do agree though that they still have some work to do when it comes to the bodies and paint jobs.

true but criticism harsh or soft is part of the game. its kinda odd to expect anything different when your dealing direct with customers. its almost as if they expect special treatment or sumthin, like they are above and beyond any sort of critique. annoying and it gets old fast.

oh well is wht it is. back to nine.

I've bounced back and forth (or should that be ninth) between the first set of pics and these new ones.
Angles and lighting are so different. It's difficult to say which I prefer. Besides, when we have this in hand, it'll look different again. Then there will at least a dozen of us posting photos with each of those looking subtly different. I've found that the photos never do the Who figures justice. In hand, visually, I am happy with all of them (if you count the Amy head mk2). I've never been happy with the bodies, and I do agree that of all the 1/6 figures I own, BC are the flimsiest.seriously, the Character Option figures can stand on their own two feet better.
Anyway, I am sure that 9 will look pretty cool in the Who display, and that we will all be singing its merits in a couple of months.

Well the proto paint was never what we were going to get anyway. What we are getting may not be as good, but it's a whole lot better than the paint on their last few figures.

I still don't see much Eccleston in that sculpt, no matter what image is shown. And what the Hell happened to his mole?

They've definitely made him a lot more tan than he should be, which isn't helping. And the hair needs to fade in more naturally around the top and sides as well. Kinda looks like he's wearing a weird wig there.

would rather the paint to resemble the look of actor in the show during eps rather the actor on set or in real life etc dunno if that made sense :p but yeah does look way to orange again. the factory paint on my first 10 makes the sculpt barley recognizable, orange and heavy 5'oclock shadow. bet as with that a repaint would save this big time.

can kinda still see the bump of mole when head is in slight turn.

how hard could it be for a factory to match the look of that lower right corner pic of nine? it like they didnt even try for that, like BCS requests this orange havent shaved look. dont factories try and capture the proto paint work?

image.jpg

Who is the SSF member sculpted the War Doctor and 9th? I got these two from him and forgot his name lol

I say I'm done with BCS, but I suspect I'll be getting Nine one day. If series 7b 11 and 12 are still knocking around for a discount now, then Nine will probably meet a similar fate.

I think Sdabbs did some work for them? Accessories and the like. Don't know if he made heads. He made a pretty sweet second doctor though.

Back