Best Transformer toys?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
nash said:
I figure i can always sell the trailer later on if it doesnt do anything for me, since the current trailer that is sold separately sucks and doesnt even open up.

SELL ME THE TRAILER! *PANT PANT* I HAVE MP01!!!

The ill Jedi said:
The only thing the 20th Anniversary (1st one) is missing is the long smokestacks, other than that it's identical to the Takara MP-01.

Ugh and the ridiculous battle damage. If I want battle damage I want it in the mold. Not just black mascara marks splattered all over him.

The ill Jedi said:
The only thing the 20th Anniversary (1st one) is missing is the long smokestacks, other than that it's identical to the Takara MP-01.

i've heard the paint isn't as nice...is that true?

Vader AL said:
i've heard the paint isn't as nice...is that true?

The paint is nice, if you can get past the mascara blemishes all over Prime. I think the Ill Jedi added some of his own personal mascara from his makeup kit which he found in his man purse to his Prime, because it looks more battle damaged vs. the average piece. :monkey5

What 20th Anniv. Prime are you guys talking about, the Hasbro one. The pictures I've seen of it look like it's painted to be brand new, not battle damaged.

MaulFan said:
What 20th Anniv. Prime are you guys talking about, the Hasbro one. The pictures I've seen of it look like it's painted to be brand new, not battle damaged.

We're talking about the first wave of Hasbro's take on the Master Piece Prime, which was released in 2004, with the Generation 1 debut date of 1984... thus he was appropriately named 20th Anniversary Prime. However, the second wave Prime was based on the 20th Anniversary of the Transformers animated Movie, which came out in 1986. That one you're referring to came out in 2006 and has no battle damage and his grill is not chromed like the original 20th Anniversary Prime and Takara MP01/MP04 versions. And the gun is a hideous blue and yellow, which I have no idea why that was the case. Sadly, it was.

Thanks Eli, I had only seen the 2006 version ever in stores, I saw the re-release of G1 figures, but never a masterpiece scale Prime, actually never saw re-release 80s Prime either, but I just scored it on eBay, make up for not having mine from childhood, still looks like my classic toy though :)

The ill Jedi said:

The color of Prime's gun is different too.

Takara actually screwed up and made the gun grey instead of black like it was in the cartoon.

The Trailer from Just It Toys is garbage. Avoid it at all costs!

Ultimate Bumblebee isn't exact to the movie version, but has the feel of it better than any of the other toys.

So Megatron is a P-38? In the cartoon when he transforms does he just lay around waiting for a human to use him against the autobots?

Darklord Dave said:
Ultimate Bumblebee isn't exact to the movie version, but has the feel of it better than any of the other toys.

So Megatron is a P-38? In the cartoon when he transforms does he just lay around waiting for a human to use him against the autobots?

He usually jumped into the hands of a nearby Decepticon who started firing away with him....

...most of the time it was Starscream. And we all know how Screamer is... :eek:

Darklord Dave said:
Bardoon said:
He usually jumped into the hands of a nearby Decepticon who started firing away with him....

...most of the time it was Starscream. And we all know how Screamer is... :eek:

tftm_dvd0103.jpg

:rock :rock :rock

Or Soundwave.

fotm086.jpg

:rock :rock :rock

Yep, by far your best option for a Prime is to either get the First American Release of 20th Anniversary Prime, or cough up the extra money for one of the Masterpiece versions.

I just recently got a Masterpiece from a board member and comparing him to the first 20th Prime you see little differences. The big ones are (as already mentioned) the shorter stacks and added battle damage. But aside from the that the quality is equal on both and to date this is the ultimate version of Prime.

Although I was unaware of the MP-04 with a fuggin' trailer :cuss While I'm sad I won't have that... I honestly wouldn't have room to display him :lol

Another good option for the Prime is the Medicom Metal Force figure... he doesn't transform but is probably the best looking if you want him to be just like the cartoon:

op_medicom.jpg

Eli26 said:
The paint is nice, if you can get past the mascara blemishes all over Prime. I think the Ill Jedi added some of his own personal mascara from his makeup kit which he found in his man purse to his Prime, because it looks more battle damaged vs. the average piece. :monkey5
You trying to pick a fight Eli? You want me to post pics of you and your lover Cosmo in a passionate embrace? :D

I actually like the 'battle damage', as he should look that way after being in so many battles. Prime is true warrior.

Bonehead15 said:
The color of Prime's gun is different too.

Takara actually screwed up and made the gun grey instead of black like it was in the cartoon.

The Trailer from Just It Toys is garbage. Avoid it at all costs!
Yup and that trailer is garbage, I plan on getting an MP-04 for the opening trailer and 'battle station'

galactiboy said:
Yep, by far your best option for a Prime is to either get the First American Release of 20th Anniversary Prime...

I just recently got a Masterpiece from a board member and comparing him to the first 20th Prime you see little differences. The big ones are (as already mentioned) the shorter stacks and added battle damage. But aside from the that the quality is equal on both and to date this is the ultimate version of Prime...
THANK YOU GB, that's what I've been saying all along!! It seems like Hasbro actually took their time with that release and the DVD Version was rushed and turned out piss poor. As I said above I still want to get an MP-04, but I am happy with my 20th Anniversary Prime. :rock

galactiboy said:
Another good option for the Prime is the Medicom Metal Force figure... he doesn't transform but is probably the best looking if you want him to be just like the cartoon:

op_medicom.jpg
That Metalforce Prime is nice, but not $200+ nice and the fact that it doesn't transform drops it appeal even more.

the dvd version isn't bad at all. i like it, it isn't as nice as the MP's or the
20th anniversary one but i wouldn't say it's piss poor, ulness you paid full price. it has metal mixed in the body, it just doesn't have the chrome on the stacks(shorter too), hinges or grill and the paint job isn't quite as nice but it is still a great figure but if you want the best go with the MP Prime of course. I'll get an MP one in a few months but had to get megs first.

Vader AL said:
the dvd version isn't bad at all. i like it, it isn't as nice as the MP's or the
20th anniversary one but i wouldn't say it's piss poor. it has metal mixed in the body, it just doesn't have the chrome on the stacks(shorter too), hinges or grill and the paint job isn't quite as nice but it is still a great figure but if you want the best go with the MP Prime of course. I'll get an MP one in a few months but had to get megs first.
The thing that gets me is if they were able to put out a better quality figure before, why couldn't they duplicate it? They had more than enough time to make it the same as the first release, it seems they just wanted to save on materials and cash in on the DVD release. This could've been an awesome figure with the stand it came with but turned out to be a dissapointment.

The ill Jedi said:
The thing that gets me is if they were able to put out a better quality figure before, why couldn't they duplicate it? They had more than enough time to make it the same as the first release, it seems they just wanted to save on materials and cash in on the DVD release. This could've been an awesome figure with the stand it came with but turned out to be a dissapointment.

can't argue with that.

I figured they wanted to have a different version, because if I'm not wrong the colors were a bright brighter (more like the cartoon) on the DVD version? Although the only time I saw them in person the paint work was pretty sloppy, but I've heard from others that they got nice ones.

I have to say I was really surprised to see the 2nd release in the US, I was at a Wal Mart about 6 mos after the first one was released and they were selling them for $15 a piece!!! And there were like 10 in the store.

op_medicom.jpg

Thats awesome!! I have never seen it before, but damn, $200 + and it dont transform:monkey4

I'll stick with the MP Prime.

I wonder if people realize that the new Megatron Gun attachments is also made by Just It Toys.

I think it's pretty shady for them to copy Takara's packaging because so many people (myself included) actually thought that it was an official Takara release for their Masterpiece TFs

Back