HAOYUTOYS 1/6 Roman General (Copper, Gold & Black Armor) Gladiator General Maximus

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

singcityjosh

Freaked Out
Reaction score
Perhaps some good news for fellow collectors who've always wanted to get their hands on the all metal Haoyu General Maximus figure... I previously missed the boat on this but it seems like they're releasing a new version with different color schemes...

Looks to me the Gold version seems the closest to the movie counterpart... thoughts?

Attachments

• copper.jpg
    copper.jpg
    183 KB · Views: 38
  • gold.jpg
    gold.jpg
    158.9 KB · Views: 22
  • black.jpg
    black.jpg
    154.5 KB · Views: 22
I missed out on the previous version, but it does seem like this new version's tunic is of a different color... an orangey brown tunic and scarf instead of the deep red previously. I think its slightly more screen accurate due to the color correction... thoughts?

I’ve got my eye on this. Looks like a mild upgrade from the first release and I like that it comes with their new base body rather than the TTM19 looking one. The non open mouth sculpt looks better this time around than their first attempt that was on the chubby side.

With them doing a 2.0 of this version, I wonder if a 2.0 of the gladiator version will also be on deck? Would be nice if they could get the helmet and breastplate more in scale. I’ve always regretted selling my customized Pangea gladiator version and ACI general version, but times were tough, so it would be nice to have this in the collection again.

I’ve got my eye on this. Looks like a mild upgrade from the first release and I like that it comes with their new base body rather than the TTM19 looking one. The non open mouth sculpt looks better this time around than their first attempt that was on the chubby side.

With them doing a 2.0 of this version, I wonder if a 2.0 of the gladiator version will also be on deck? Would be nice if they could get the helmet and breastplate more in scale. I’ve always regretted selling my customized Pangea gladiator version and ACI general version, but times were tough, so it would be nice to have this in the collection again.
I agree, this is an opportune time to hop into getting this figure....

There's a huge potential in this figure for greater customisation and such.
Case and point is the gladiator custom figure that Al did with the first version and a different body/head.

Been wanting to put one together just like this man...

Attachments

• gladiator.jpg
    gladiator.jpg
    139.1 KB · Views: 0
It is definitely a great starting point for a custom figure of Maximus. That was my plan all along with the original release.

I have one of those custom Gladiator sculpts made from the HT Jor-El sculpt and a replacement body ready for mine, once it moves up in the "project queue"...

I will say that with all of the metal armor, it is one heavy figure.

I agree, this is an opportune time to hop into getting this figure....

There's a huge potential in this figure for greater customisation and such.
Case and point is the gladiator custom figure that Al did with the first version and a different body/head.

Been wanting to put one together just like this man...
That’s a great looking custom. But for the price of the original set, I wish it was more accurate. The shoulder paldrons are wrong and it doesn’t have the leather tassels underneath them either like it should like the custom shows. And it’s missing the fur at the elbows that the custom has as well. If this setbhad all the parts necessary and just needed some sprucing up, I would definitely be down 100%; but, with it being almost $300, I would want it to be closer to what we see in the film.

Back