Battlestar Galactica Episode Thread *SPOILERS*

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
DarkArtist81 said:
Batty you are my new personal hero!! I really can't wait for this show to return..... It is seriously the best show on TV, bar none. My favorite of all time.

I hear ya, man! I can't wait for the new season. You might want to check out the video blog over at the official site and watch the Peabody Madness blog. The South Park guys are great!

Dude, thanks for that! I did not know anything about it.... And to know that Trey and Matt are geeking out as much as I am over this show is pretty funny. I tell everyone I know that if they are missing this show and basing it on the old series, that they owe it to themselves to watch a few episodes and tell me if they are not hooked.....

Great series... possibly EVER. :lol

hairlesswookiee said:
does anyone else think its a ripoff to sell the season in two different sets?? i know they wanted to get the first half out before the second half, but they could've at least charged half the price. i mean $40 for half a season?? i think thats absurd.

I don't know about "absurd".

It's not a good price, but it's not unprecedented. Many shows have cost $80/season or higher.

Brisco County (27 episodes), for example, just came out with an MSRP of $100. Galactica's MSRP for a half-season is $50.

All the Star Trek seasons were $120. Sopranos was pretty high, also, I think.

They must think that the BG following is so fanatical that they'll pay that much. I won't, but I'm sure many will.

pickard said:
They must think that the BG following is so fanatical that they'll pay that much. I won't, but I'm sure many will.

True.....I know I HAVE to buy the set, regardless of price. It's expensive, but, I can't go without this set.... :monkey2

Well, the DVD is coming out on the 19th..... and I highly recommend Deep Discount DVD for their wonderful prices and free shipping..

Also, I am proud to announce that my Fiance is now hooked on the show. I started with the mini and had her watch the episodes at her leisure and she burned through the entire series so far in 2 weeks!!

Now she's itching to find out what happens with the Pegasus storyline.... It's great. I love that she's as into this show as I am.... :D

So is anyone else getting the 12 inch figures from Majestic?? I have no idea what they will look like but I hope they will be good. I just was wondering your thoughts on them.....

So...to keep the thread alive...

What are your favorite 3 episodes? What are your favorite 3 characters?

My Fav Episodes...

1: Pegasus
2: Six Degrees of Seperation
3: Kobol's last Gleaming

Fav Characters..

1: Baltar
2: Cmdr Adama
3: Chief

:D

DarkArtist81 said:

My Fav Episodes...

Fav Characters..

Some excellent choices, DA!

episode...
1: Water
2: Kobol's Last Gleaming
3: Downloaded

character...
1: Baltar (my god, what they have done with this character compared to the orginal... amazing!)
2: Sharon (the dead one from Season 1 who was resurrected in Downloaded)
3: Starbuck (esp. season 1 when she had the butch hair cut)

Last edited:
hey Josh how's it going?? sorry i havent been around so much but i think im back now. anyways back to BSG!! i've been watching season 2 episodes like crazy in anticipation for the new season. im not gonna pick up the 12" figures, but i am thinking about grabing one of the new Cylons because it looks awesome.
my favorite episodes:
1.Scar
2.Pegasus
3.Kobol's Last Gleaming

characters:
1.Cmdr. Adama
2.Starbuck
3.Little Adama (he's commander of the Pegaus now right??)

DarkArtist81 said:
So is anyone else getting the 12 inch figures from Majestic?? I have no idea what they will look like but I hope they will be good. I just was wondering your thoughts on them.....

So...to keep the thread alive...

My Fav Episodes...

Fav Characters..

Fave 3 BSG episodes?? hmmmmm

1- Gun on Ice Planet Zero
2- The Living Legend
3- The War of the Gods

3 fave characters?

1- Athena
2- Starbuck
3- Commander Cain

:monkey3

:lol :rotfl :lol

Good one Ironman!! Are you a fan of classic BSG?? :cool:

That's cool, it wasn't my cup of tea at all.... but still a classic show and a good one too. And thank God it existed.... because it gave me the goodness that is the new BSG. Without it, my TV viewing would be boring and listless.

And Mark it is good to see you again! Great picks! Love the "litte Adama" joke! He's right up there on my fav characters too.... so is much of the cast, Cylons included.

In fact, I don't think there was a character I didn't like. Well, maybe Starbuck's love interest...the Pyramid player guy... don't like him all that much. My fiance does though...:lol

I HATED Adm Cain in the story.... but loved that she was there. That scene at the end of Pegasus part 1 still gives me goosebumps. My fiance is still bugging me to know what happens next! I'm trying to hold her back until next week when the DVD comes out for the second half.... :D

Yeah, DA, I guess you could say I'm a bit of a "purist" when it comes to 70's and 80's sci-fi [and 60's]. Some may be a bit campy or corny in retrospect but it paved the way for alot of what we now see.
I'll admit that the new BSG is decent enough sci-fi, but I hate that Starbuck, Boomer and even Cain were made into women.

I can understand your POV on this one.... I know I would probably feel exactly the same way had I grown up watching that show. It's got to be strange seeing the characters realized in such a different way...

Lucky for me I never watched the old movie/show until recently.... so it was the same feeling...only in reverse!! :lol

I think they should have tried a ST:TNG twist with it and made it a further telling of the quest for Earth and used, perhaps, vague references to some of the key points from the original series. That way the new Cylons would kind of make sense as they would have progressed further technologically, they would create more advanced versions.

DarkArtist81 said:
I can understand your POV on this one.... I know I would probably feel exactly the same way had I grown up watching that show. It's got to be strange seeing the characters realized in such a different way...

Lucky for me I never watched the old movie/show until recently.... so it was the same feeling...only in reverse!! :lol

What you're talking about is how I felt about Smallville vs. Richard Donner's Superman The Movie. It took me a couple years before I could accept Lex Luther as a young adult living in Smallville and Clark Kent living in a world with the Internets. But now I dig it.

But back to BSG, while I eagerly watched the BSG premeire in the 70s and followed it every week and got the toys and watched the Galactica 1980 show and loved it all -- I took to the new series right away.

But if Ironman is a purist, I'm a deconstructionist. Excepting Superman the Movie, I love the old stuff for their historical value... not so much their entertainment value.

The old show was very good and not the "Star Wars ripoff" that some labeled it as. I really enjoyed watching it. And GDB, I totally agree with you on Smallville. At first I had the same feeling and then I got into the show... It's very well done and it gets better every season.

This season of BSG is going to be interesting. We are meeting these characters again after a year apart. Lots of things have changed and we have to watch these characters regain themselves, so to speak.

Adama and Lee have to find some way to come back to the planet and save humanity, and they've got to rediscover the fighting spirit they had before getting comfortable again.

Baltar is probably the most conflicted one at the moment. Before, he was the human amongst humans with a Cylon secret... not really on anyone's side, he went back and forth...helping both sides along. Now, with the Cylons as the captors, he is forced to choose a side. He's human, and regardless of his past decisions or that Six is in his head (for reasons unknown).... he is a prisoner.

Everyone on the surface has to decide to be a part of the resistance or not, to fight the Cylons and try to find a way out of this mess or to just ignore it and try to live....

Either way, it makes for great drama and very interesting viewing.... I can't wait. :D

For fans of the show who have not been lurking around the official site may not know of this... so I thought I would share...

Currently they are posting new "Webisodes" titled The Resistance, they will come out every Tues and Thurs at 9pm until the show's premiere. They are meant to bridge the gap between the season finale last year and the opening this year.

I've watched them all so far and they are really good, not as good as the show.... but still very good. It mainly covers the resistance via Tigh, Chief and Cally... with a few extras in the mix for good drama. They hide guns and talk religion all while trying to avoid the Cylons suspicion. If you are a fan and itching to watch the new season.... it's worth a few minutes of your time. :D

Here is a link....
https://www.scifi.com/battlestar/video/webisodes/05/

thanks for the heads up but im gonna wait a little longer before watching so i can watch them all at once without having to wait. it really bothers me to get into watching something then having it end and play the waiting game to watch the next part.

hairlesswookiee said:
thanks for the heads up but im gonna wait a little longer before watching so i can watch them all at once without having to wait. it really bothers me to get into watching something then having it end and play the waiting game to watch the next part.

Same here, I don't want to watch one and then wait for the next. One of the main reasons I didn't see the CW Cartoon until it came out in DVD. I am going to try to watch every episode on DVD before the new season starts. That is a whole crap load of episodes, but I don't sleep much and I hope I can pull it off, of frackin' hell. :chew :chew

yeah im still waiting for the entire season 2 coming out in one box before i buy it. i have them all from Itunes anyways so there isnt any rush. i just hate how they seem to be milking it by having two boxes at $40 each when i just bought season 1 and 2 of house for $65.

Back