Battlestar Galactica Episode Thread *SPOILERS*

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Batty said:
Has anyone listened to the podcast for Downloaded? I haven't had a chance, yet.

I'm afraid of spoilers. I can't listen to them until after the season ends. (I even sheild my eyes durring the "spoiler" portion of the opening credits.)

gdb said:
I'm afraid of spoilers. I can't listen to them until after the season ends. (I even sheild my eyes durring the "spoiler" portion of the opening credits.)
LOL. Now I know I'm not the only one who does that during the opening credits! As far as the podcasts go, I think Ron Moore is pretty good to sticking to whatever episode he's talking about. I can't think of a time he gave away info that I didn't want to hear.

Anyone watch this week?

I was really happy to see Dean Stockwell. I've been a fan of his for a long time. I loved the part where he sarcastically said that he was a Cylon.

I found it interesting that the planet was discovered because of coordinates "mistakenly" given by Sharon. And I hate to say it, but I hope Anders gets killed. I don't like seeing a happy Starbuck. On the other hand, poor Chief never gets a break.

90 minute season finale next week.

I really liked Dean Stockwell. He struck the perfect note. I hope he becomes recurring. And I also liked that we finally got the other side of the religious arguement. We've heard the religious right's side spoken by the Cylons and now we get the more moderate progressive side as spoken by Stockwell.

I can't wait till next week. I was gonna let the episode linger in TiVo so I could trun next Friday into a BSG event, but I was too afraid that I'd run into a commerical for Friday and spoil too much of last week's drama.

October???

"I don't have to listen. I'm the President."

Last edited:
I just finished watching the finale, right after watching the episoder before that yesterday eveing.

Though being great 2 episodes and especially the season ending, I really was/am left with some feeling soemthing is forgotten. Or it is still part of some great storytelling I cannot figure out yet. And that is entirely possible ofcourse. :)

I refer to the episode of 3 weeks ago ( I think.. could be 4 already). The one which was focussed on the Caprica world with the Cylons. There were the Sharon Cylon and the nr 6. All built up to that moment in the parkinglot that was just bombed. Anders was there wounded. And the nr 6 and the Sharon Cylon kill the "Xena-Cylon" ( sorry don't know her Cylon-name ;) ). And they let Anders go.. decide together with a big handshake that the war with the humans is a bad thing. This all is also referred to by the priest-Cylon(s). So, assuming those Sharon and nr.6 Cylons on the Cylon fleet, meeting Pres. Baltar for his surrender are the same ones from the bombed parking lot.. where does this all leave us? And for that matter, where ARE those Priest-Cylons and the Sharon that were on Galactica?? And why did Chief get so fat?? :D And more seriously: Isn't that Cylon-baby a bit small still for being more than a year old by now?? I was kind of expecting it would perhaps grow faster than a real human child. That it would become a new story arc. I guess it could still happen ofcourse.. As far as we know a human/Cylon hybride will grow in a normal tempo for it's first year or 2,3 whatever and then get a growing "sprint".. Oh, and they're on a run for about 2 years now I think.. but as far as we can see, there's stil only one doctor? Apart from the fact that alone is not wise, he is an old man! He should have had some good assistents by now! And I think hair will not grow THAT fast in just a year as it did on Starbuck's head. ;) And WHY is there that big tension between her and Apollo and D?

Sorry for the rambling on. This was all popping into my head while typing. :)

ALL THOSE QUESTIONS ARE DRIVING ME MAD!! :monkey5 :google

Damn Moore for doing this show! He should quit after season 3 and make a new Star Trek one! :D Ds9 and Voyager disserve more story!

The season finale was amazing. When Baltar lifted his head and we find out a year had passed totally blew me away. It seems like he definitely let power go to his head. Even though he surrendered, I'm sure with Six at his side he'll totally turn traitor. I wonder if we'll see him more like the megalomaniacal version from the original BG.

I loved when Brother Cavil (Dean Stockwell) found out that his cover had been blown. I really hope we see him more next season. I just want to know why no one was surprised when he appeared out of nowhere on Caprica. I also liked how both Battlestars were running on fumes and Adama knew that there was really nothing left to do.

I'm assuming we'll see some of what happened in the year we missed. I really liked that the writers just threw us ahead a year to leave us wondering about a lot of things. Hell of a way to end a season.

October? Frak!

Xeno said:
Isn't that Cylon-baby a bit small still for being more than a year old by now??

I think she's the right size for a one year-old. She was a pretty small premie. What threw me off at first was that she's not in a stroller and she wasn't all squirmy.

Oh, and they're on a run for about 2 years now I think.. but as far as we can see, there's stil only one doctor?

We saw drugs sold on the black market so there's a lot of doctoring going on with or without the official one. And he may have assistantants running around that we don't see -- I think he had help in previous episodes. I bet this is a budget thing that they don't give him permanent assistants.

And I think hair will not grow THAT fast in just a year as it did on Starbuck's head. ;)

With a good diet, hair can grow pretty fast. Alas, I miss Starbucks season one hair cut. :monkey5

Damn Moore for doing this show! He should quit after season 3 and make a new Star Trek one! :D Ds9 and Voyager disserve more story!

You're refering to the fact that he co-wrote Generations, First Contact, and wrote a good deal of DS9.

I know he wouldn't go back while the show is anyone else's baby, but if they gave him complete control, he sure could breathe new life into that franchise. Perhaps he's the only one who could right now. I really like the last few years of DS9 where Moore's influense can be clearly seen.

The season finale was outstanding... Even if the year jump was a bit disorientating at first. Every character made amazing changes and I can only imagine the craziness we will have once October comes around. perfect way to end a season and get the speculation started. I could not be happier.

There are so many questions now! Baltar and Six... together again?... what this will no doubt lead to for his character? The Cylons... I thought they saw the error of their ways and were going to forget about us?.... Anders... Will he die..( I hope so...:naughty).. Apollo and Starbuck... what happened and why did he let himself get so damn FAT?? The fleet.... Is it a lost cause now? They have very few men onboard and are running again. Sharon... where did she go?

My brain is gonna be fried by October... Can't wait! :monkey2

Besides Sharon, I was wondering what happened to Tom Zarek. Was he killed in the explosion? It would help explain why Baltar and New Caprica were such a mess.

I was very happy to hear on the podcast that Dean Stockwell will be back next season.

well i finally got up to date last night. umm... i cant say im 100% happy with the way things turned out. i did like dean stockwell as the crazy cylon priest-- my favorite scene was the one with him in the holding cell stating that he wasnt a cylon then he was like "oh" jamie bamber did look a little bit chubbier than usual, but i guess when you are a commander of a battlestar you dont really have time or the necessity to stay in shape. his father looks really different with the 'stache, and starbuck doesnt look so hot with the long hair... im hoping that this is some kind of "dream" or "vision" of what could happen if baltar would win the election.

I've noticed that TV shows always age their newborns right after the birth episode -- usually by changing "actors". I wonder if the whole New Caprica plot point and the 1 year later was a product of the writer's trying to think up how to age the hybrid without cheating.

I just saw the season finale part 2 again -- damn TiVo ate part 1 when I wasn't looking. The first thing I noticed was how good an actor Dean Stockwell is. I only knew of him from Quantum Leap so I had no idea he was that good.

The other thing I noticed is that Starbuck calls her boyfriend her husband. Wow, I missed that the first time. I bet that's what caused the tension between her and Apollo.

Oh, well... October is only... 7 months away. And Doctor Who will occupy 3 of them.

What about Cally being pregnant? There seems to be a lot that happened in that year. According to the podcast the whole jump ahead was just an idea that came up. It certainly wasn't part of the big plan. They also pointed out that the cradle the baby was in was the same one seen in Baltars vision from last season. Nice touch!

Damn TIVO! I just got around to watching the final ep and it cut off before the end! So what happened right after the Cyclons flew over the camp on New Caprica?

Darklord Dave said:
Damn TIVO! I just got around to watching the final ep and it cut off before the end! So what happened right after the Cyclons flew over the camp on New Caprica?

Ouch! They fly over a couple times. If the centurians are marching down Main St. then you only missed the end credits, some teasers for the first few shows of next season and an animated Ron Moore saying, "Now a moment of Zen to reflect on season two" only to be eaten by a giant slug thing while his partner (or maybe the slug thing) says, "Payback." Apart from The Daily Show reference, I didn't understand it either.

Otherwise, the fleet jumps out; a Cylon dressed in peasant garb rushes into Starbuck's tent and demands her husband tell him where Starbuck is; the main Cylons, including Caprica 6 and Boomer, board Airforce One and talk to Baltar, who surrenders unconditionally -- we get the feeling that Baltar somehow recognized Caprica 6 and we definately feel that she is happy to see him; Starbuck is next to Teig and his wife watching the Cylons fly overhead. Something like that anyway.

That was quite a bit - the surrender and Caprica 6 appearing. And Chief and Kara's exchange - "What do we do now Captain?" "Fight'em until we can't."

Pretty good episode - the "one year later" was something of a shock. Eick's admonition that "if you think you know where we're going - you don't" is a bit cocky though.

Anyone else think that because of Caprica 6's presence that the Cylons may just still pretend to be friendly? Perhaps there's some infighting among them too.

Seeing Col. Tigh this episode for more than 5 minutes made me realize how little he was used this season. He was much more prevalent in the first season.

Back