Battlestar Galactica Episode Thread *SPOILERS*

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Poor Baltar. I feel for the guy. He just wanted to be President. He never wanted for the Cylons to come. And now he has to deal with the insurgants and the hard-liners in his Cylon alliance... and you just know that the Dean Stockwell Cylons are the ones fueling the violence somehow -- bating the humans and torturing the populace...

Last edited:
drbrad1975 said:
I hate the parallels (intentional) to the current Iraq war. It's an obvious political statement and not an accurate one either.

Cheers,

Brad

Its quite interesting to compare and contrast the themes from the original galactica - where the politicians continually want to appease the cylons - and each time they are betrayed - and never seem to know - and its only the vigilence of the military represented by Adama that keeps them from being annihilated.

gdb said:
Poor Baltar. I feel for the guy. He just wanted to be President. He never wanted for the Cylons to come. And now he has to deal with the insurgants and the hard-liners in his Cylon alliance... and you just know that the Dean Stockwell Cylons are the ones fueling the violence somehow -- bating the humans and torturing the populace...

don't feel too bad for him. it was his fault the 12 colonies were destroyed, and his fault that new caprica is cyclon ruled.....

oohh by the way. for people that have a 360 and xbox live there are a couple BSG downloads including trailers, and a 45 minute behind the scenes video.

It'll be interesting to see what the remaining Cylons look like. We should probably see another two or three this season.

hairlesswookiee said:
i know it sounds too convenient, but ive always wondered about colonel tigh's wife.

She always did seem like a dirty biatch. Plus she was doing dean stockwell's cylon. I think this season we are in for some suprise cylons in normal characters we thought were human. (NOT baltar, that would be too obvious a choice)

If Tigh's wife is one, wouldn't they just activate her so she could work from the inside? I think the only reason she's been having sex with the Stockwell Cylon is to protect Tigh.

drbrad1975 said:
I hate the parallels (intentional) to the current Iraq war. It's an obvious political statement and not an accurate one either.

Cheers,

Brad

I just watched the episode again and there was only one political statment that I could see and it seems fairly accurate -- government policy shouldn't be dictated by the agenda of religious evangelicals.

I grant you, the stuff about the President surrounded by like minded thinkers and being unaware of torture and the Cylons being niether understood nor apprcieated and the insurgancy growing among the populace does all strike pretty close to home. But I'm not sure it works as a clear political statement. I see it like one of those Law & Order's that is based on a true story but dramatized for affect.

Last edited:
Batty said:
If Tigh's wife is one, wouldn't they just activate her so she could work from the inside? I think the only reason she's been having sex with the Stockwell Cylon is to protect Tigh.

Yup and I think the only reason Stockwell has all the sex with her is becaue she's a human. (And because of the swirl.) :D

gdb said:
Yup and I think the only reason Stockwell has all the sex with her is becaue she's a human. (And because of the swirl.) :D
Yeah, in the podcast Moore said that he put that in there because he's a huge Seinfeld fanatic. :lol

drbrad1975 said:
Me too...Starbuck being that easily manipulated!! I personally wanted the kid dead and I can't believe she doesn't feel the same way. Makes me respect her a lot less. Even if the kids is hers, she didn't carry it for nine months and give birth, which breaks that mother/child bond. It's half toaster DNA and it's a test tube baby!!! That negates all feelings towards that baby in my opinion.

Ofcourse not! It's a baby!! A small child! And she's a woman! That's all you need.

I was wondering if the kid was shoved of the stairs by the cylon really. Just to check her mother instincts.

And ofcourse she's playing the cylon. And man what a creepy cylon-guy he is!

Xeno said:
Ofcourse not! It's a baby!! A small child! And she's a woman! That's all you need.

I was wondering if the kid was shoved of the stairs by the cylon really. Just to check her mother instincts.

Good points. I hadn't thought about the stairs. That makes complete sense.

Xeno said:

It's dumb though, the kid could be 100% cyclon and 'buck wouldn't be nonthewiser. but i could see papa cyclon push the girl off the stairs. he's so creepy i just hope 'buck gets rid of him once and for all....but im sure she gets a weird pleasure killing him over and over again.

Back