Battlestar Galactica Episode Thread *SPOILERS*

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
hairlesswookiee said:
bump back to the top!!!! im all pumped and ready for tomorrow's episode!!! i wonder how fast apple has the latest episodes available for download.
Yeah it's the only thing I look forward to on TV.
also. I don't know if it was brought up before but Sci-Fi channel will be airing the new Doctor Who series in March.
Something else to look forward to on TV!
:banana

man, that does sound pretty good. im gonna have to do some searching around the net this weekend for some more information about the dr who show. also, has anyone seen any of the new episodes from stargate atlantis?? (i love sci-fi friday)

Oh the new Doctor Who show is GOOD. Some wonky bits and geared toward the Star Trek age range, but GOOD. I, uh, happened upon them via the net.

Don't root around too much for info on the new show. There's some massive spoilers about how the season ends out there.

Oh here's some info on both Doctor Who and BSG...

"At long last... America will finally get the first season of the new Doctor Who television series, according to a press release on the official Doctor Who website. The US-based Sci-Fi Channel, owned by NBC Universal, has secured a deal to broadcast the 13 episodes in America starting in March, beginning on what Outpost Gallifrey believes is likely March 17 (the week after the season finales of the popular "Battlestar Galactica" and two "Stargate" shows), at 9:00pm Friday nights, and it will likely conclude at some point in mid-to-late June in time for Sci-Fi's summer premieres of those shows. The press release notes that Sci-Fi has an option for series two, likely to be acted upon after initial ratings come in."

The entire article is found here... https://www.gallifreyone.com/cgi-bin/viewnews.cgi?id=EEFZpAlEAFqujDuSnX&tmpl=newsrss but the site and the page itself is littered with spoilers so you have been warned!

Last edited:
That was just amazing....I didn't know what to expect, but tonight's episode blew me away. It was easily the best of the second half of this season by far, and possibly one of the very best episodes of the show period.

Yeah, last nights episode was just.... awesome beyond words. Though now, I wonder what the deal is with Baltar... What does this mean for him, is he not human? My mind was going crazy as I tried to figure it out. Just funny that his situation would be reversed exactly for Six.

Can't wait for next week!!! :joy

I know what you mean, DarkArtist81. Until last night I was 100% sure that Caprica 6's soul was accidentally transfered into Baltar's brain. We know he doesn't have a physical chip in his head, but, then, niether do the Cylons.

I would actually bet that for the first season, this plot element was in the show's bible. But then Ron Moore or someone had the idea to bring Caprica 6 back and have Baltar roaming around in her head, too, and that it's such a great idea they couldn't pass on it. But then, Ron Moore may have been dreaming this up from the get go.

Now I'm not sure if they switched parts of their essence... like he got her fercious side and she got his rational side or if they're so crazy-in-love that they see and hear their lost loved one everywhere they go.

Either way, Caprica 6 got the better of the deal. Her Baltar is much friendlier than his Caprica 6.

I once again mention the commentaries on the DVDs - Moore said that having Sharon on Caprica and the eventual baby was just made up as they went along and that has almost become the driving plotline and sole motivation of the Cylons.

So I'm betting this Baltar development wasn't planned at all. I would have loved to have been in the writer's room when this suggestion was made -

"...okay, guys....get this.... What if....when 6 wakes up after being blown up on Caprica....she has Gaius in HER head!" *dead silence* [Then cheers and laughter - cries of "Brilliant!"]

I'm also loving Lawless - personally I don't care if we don't go back to the BG for the next few episodes. I want to see what these two "heroes of the Cylon" are going to do.

I agree Dave, I'm really looking forward to the direction they are going for with the "Heroes of the Cylon" plot thread. It makes the Cylons more 3 dimensional. Any war is not going to be 100% one sided, you will have those on both ends who do not agree and want peace. You'll have traitors and conspiracy, dishonest acts and acts of human cruelty. The best thing about BSG is that they do this... There are scenes where I cannot stand what the humans are doing and know that they are in the wrong, times when I agree with the Cylons... It's crazy. No one can say they remember watching Star Wars and really understanding where Palpatine was coming from.... NO... he's evil... end of story.

As for Baltar and Six's new development, I would also have loved to been in the writers room when they came up with that little bit of info... Just interesting to see where they go from here and what this means for Baltar in the future..

Next episode is part one of the two part season finale! Woo-Hoo... I bet some crazy stuff is gonna go down! :banana

Excellent episode. One of the great things about BG is how they take their time to develop the characters. Baltar is one of my favorites and it was great to see what they did with him this week. I also loved it when Six took out Lucy Lawless.

Maybe I missed it, but where did they get the dead infant to replace Sharon's baby?

Another thing I was wondering while watching this episode: How many humanoid Cyclons have we seen now? There's Six, Sharon, D'Anna(Lucy Lawless), Doral, Leobon(the guy blown out of the air-lock), and the doctor on Caprica. There are twelve models, that makes six. Have I missed any?

I agree I don't think the writers have all of this planned well in advance. Which is amazing considering they have a few plot lines evolving throughout the series.

Batty said:
Maybe I missed it, but where did they get the dead infant to replace Sharon's baby?
Yeah I'm wondering about that too, and I watched the ep. twice (although not closely each time). Maybe the woman who got the Cylon baby at the end lost her baby? Or maybe they have a surplus of dead babies in storage just incase they needed them?
:dunno

The new Caprica storyline is a great addition. Maybe now we'll be getting multiple story lines occurring in the same episode jumping from one to the other like the way they did in the first season.
The Caprica Six Baltar thing is a interesting development. I think it means that Baltar's schizophrenic hallucinations of Six weren't just insanity, there must be something causing them. Which I didn't think was likely before this episode.

Batty said:
Another thing I was wondering while watching this episode: How many humanoid Cyclons have we seen now? There's Six, Sharon, D'Anna(Lucy Lawless), Doral, Leobon(the guy blown out of the air-lock), and the doctor on Caprica. There are twelve models, that makes six. Have I missed any?

I was wondering that myself. I don't think you missed any. I wonder if there's a web site out there with all the revealed models pictured.

It bothers me "a little" that we don't see a greater and more diverse variety of Cylons. But I understand there are budgeting and schedualing considerations.

I wonder if the fact that there are 12 Olympians has anything to do with the 12 models of Cylons?
Maybe the new Baby Cylon/human named Hera is one of the twelve models?

I think Hera is a new thing altogether.

You're on to something with the number 12, though.

FYI, many things in the original series, such as the 12 tribes of man, and the name of Kobol as the orgin planet are unmistakably Mormon in origin thanks to the religious beliefs of Glen A. Larson.

I wonder if he views some of Ron Moore's contributions as blasphamy like the Cylons being devote worshipers while the humans are either agnostic or practice polytheism. That is when they aren't hooking up with Frakk-budies.

For more on the original series check out the Cliff-Clavin-like info here...
https://www.kobol.com/archives/BG-FAQ.html#E21

There's a lot of odd stuff there like the backstory of how Galactica 1980 came about and why George Lucas had BSG sued.

i loved downloaded... easily one of the second season's best episodes. i loved when sharon took out lucy!!! maybe they are trying to keep the rest of the models under wraps. im willing to bet that one of the models happens to be another key military officer on the battlestar... i mean there has to be a reason why they have only shown 6 of the 12 models. and it probably ties into the repeating 12 number throughout the show.

Even if one of the regulars or semi-regulars doesn't turn out to be a Cylon, it makes sense to keep the other models under wraps for casting purposes. I don't expect them all to be stunt casting like Lawless, but why lock yourself down to an actor if you don't have to?

^^exactly!!! but i think they are keeping it this way for a specific reason. i think they are gonna wait until the season finale--- then whip out the chcuk norris-- super-cylon-assasin model!!! he will have super cylon strengths, impervious to practical weapons, and will also stun them with his beard!!!

Back