Battle of the Movies - 2nd Round!! (CLOSED)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Battle of the Movies - 2nd Round!!

Se7en /1995/
Pulp Fiction /1994/
Goodfellas /1990/ (damn that one is tuff)
The Godfather:part II /1974/

Se7en
Pulp Fiction
The Big Lebowski
Godfather Part II

I'm voting mostly on nostalgia. The Big Lebowski doesn't hold up like Goodfellas does. I tried to watch it recently and it was tired and lame - but in its day I found it to be a far more original and enjoyable movie experience.

It's a product of its time, certainly, but it hasn't lost any of its shine for me. :) Still funny.

Man, this round is tough.

Citizen Kane (but mainly for its influence - I find Se7en easier to watch indubitably)
Blade Runner
The Big Lebowski
The Godfather Part II

That was rough, seen em' all, love em' all.

Seven (ive seen kane many of times but just dont think its all its cracked up to be even though it is great just dig 7 more)
BladeRunner
Goodfellas
Godfather II

I think the likelihood is I also won't think Citizen Kane is all it's cracked up to be. After so many years of hearing that it's the ''best film ever made'', and having never seen it myself and therefore built no attachment to it over a course of decades like others have, I'll probably find it overrated.

I think the likelihood is I also won't think Citizen Kane is all it's cracked up to be. After so many years of hearing that it's the ''best film ever made'', and having never seen it myself and therefore built no attachment to it over a course of decades like others have, I'll probably find it overrated.

Oh well yeah, *I* don't think it's the greatest film ever made but I do remember watching it for the first time about 15 years ago and thinking that I was going to be less than impressed after all the hype and then as it played couldn't help but think "damn...this is actually...pretty damn good." And then when you take note of when it was made with no other films we've come to know over the last 75+ years in existence yet, it's even more amazing.

But yeah you won't be burning your T2 blu-rays or anything afterward. ;)

Kane
Pulp
LeBowski
Deer Hunter

Seven
Blade Runner
Goodfellas
The Godfather II

Funny, I've watched it many times, but have never found the appeal of Pulp Fiction. For me, Reservoir Dogs or True Romance are far, far superior!

Because in one way (probably a lot more) or another Citizen Kane influenced all the films on your list :lol

200.gif

Oh well yeah, *I* don't think it's the greatest film ever made but I do remember watching it for the first time about 15 years ago and thinking that I was going to be less than impressed after all the hype and then as it played couldn't help but think "damn...this is actually...pretty damn good." And then when you take note of when it was made with no other films we've come to know over the last 75+ years in existence yet, it's even more amazing.

But yeah you won't be burning your T2 blu-rays or anything afterward. ;)

Citizen Kane is excellent, but honestly i feel "Metropolis" is right up there as most influential film, especially in the science fiction realm and its 14 years older than Kane. The set design is incredible and the cinematography is mind blowing, and the story which was an adaptation is so good and has huge influence on so many movies. When you watch it, you see like every movie has taken something from it. Kane is great though. I don't put it on my top list, but i definitely appreciate it. Metropolis is definitely ahead of it. Maybe even Seven Samurai would be ahead of Kane too although its a couple of years after Kane.

Citizen Kane 6-10 Se7en
Blade Runner 5-11 Pulp Fiction
The Big Lebowski 6-10 Goodfellas
The Deer Hunter 3-13 The Godfather:part II
-------------------------------------------------------

2 .. ROUND:
Match - 5:
2001:A Space Odyssey /1968/
rescue.jpg

vs
One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest /1975/