Battle of the Movies - 1/4 Final!! (CLOSED)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Battle of the Movies - 1/4 Final!!

Goddamn it... First I take a test that makes me choose what would disappear from the earth; burgers or tacos, now THIS? This has been a painful day.

Alien is one of my favorite sci-fi movies, and my favorite sci-fi horror specifically, and Seven Samurai, man, it's such a masterpiece of simplicity.... I vote.... Sigh:

S E V E N S A M U R A I S E V E N S A M U R A I S E V E N S A M U R A I

What a soul crushing task, I never thought I'd vote against Sci-Fi, had this been 2001 it would've been different. Curse whoever burdened me with this blasted responsibility.

Did you choose tacos or burgers?

I'd choose tacos...then again, I've never had a real authentic taco, just the taco bell stuff.

Did you choose tacos or burgers?

I'd choose tacos...then again, I've never had a real authentic taco, just the taco bell stuff.

You're triggering my PTSD, I don't want to relive that moment, they're both the perfect meal; protein, carbs and fats, everything your body needs. I will never choose between those 2 again.

You're triggering my PTSD, I don't want to relive that moment, they're both the perfect meal; protein, carbs and fats, everything your body needs. I will never choose between those 2 again.

I can relate, but for me it would be between pizza and Pastelon/piononos (not sure if you know what that is).

I can relate, but for me it would be between pizza and Pastelon/piononos (not sure if you know what that is).

Like meatloaf?

Pizza is easy for me to discard because it's not very well balanced, even if it's delicious, I eat Burgers almost every other day, I couldn't eat Pizza that often.

Like meatloaf?

Pizza is easy for me to discard because it's not very well balanced, even if it's delicious, I eat Burgers almost every other day, I couldn't eat Pizza that often.

Pastelon is like a lasagna, but instead of pasta for the layers, we use of strips sweet plantains. There are several ways of doing it, but the easiest way is just splitting the sweet plantain in half , putting the beef inside or in the middle, and then putting cheese on top of it, but we call that a "Canoa"...because it looks like a boat...I guess, but it's the same thing, sweet plantain, beef, and cheese. :drool

https://www.facebook.com/bientasty/videos/567642823415212/

Pastelon is like a lasagna, but instead of pasta for the layers, we use strips sweet plantains. There are several ways of doing it...the easiest way is just splitting the sweet plantain in half , putting the beef inside or in the middle, and then putting cheese on top of it, but we call that a "Canoa"...because it looks like a boat...I guess.

https://www.facebook.com/bientasty/videos/567642823415212/

Damn, that sounds delicious, love sweet and salty dishes. We have a kind of Lasagna too, but we use tortilla instead of pasta for layers, and different kinds of Mexican sauces, it's called Pastel Azteca.

this one is obvious

Godfather

and i love Al Pacino and Scarface but 'movie' and 'FILM MAKING" it's Godfather clear by a mile....and I'm Sicilian so this better win or else.............

and again why wasn't this pitted against Alien from the every other on the main list of the great 8......that would have been a tough one (A vs. GF)

Damn, that sounds delicious, love sweet and salty dishes. We have a kind of Lasagna too, but we use tortilla instead of pasta for layers, and different kinds of Mexican sauces, it's called Pastel Azteca.

That sounds really good. Must be nice with the tortilla layers. We usually eat it with rice on the side, not by itself. And yeah, the sweet and salty combination is really good...addictive actually :lol

I'm not sure what's going on but I was asked by pm to pick so I pick. Alien

I'm not sure what's going on but I was asked by pm to pick so I pick. Alien

tumblr_n1ke75skTx1snsugqo9_r1_250.gif

I shall also go with Godfather. I think I've only seen the trilogy once through but I feel compelled to give it the vote.

I like Scarface better myself for the period; the aesthetic, the music, etc... But the Godfather is undeniably the better movie.

Back