Battle of the Movies - 2nd Round!! (CLOSED)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Battle of the Movies - 2nd Round!!

I cannot fathom the idea of someone truthfully thinking fight club is better than Scrosese's 1976 Masterpiece.

Says the guy who picked Se7en over Citizen Kane. I agree that Taxi Driver is superior to Fight Club but I don't think you're in a position to hassle anyone else over their preferences.

It's been a while since I've seen Taxi Driver, but I do recall it being nothing overly wowing in terms of direction or the way the movie was presented/made. Fight Club to me was more original in the way it unfolded. Different ends of the spectrum and not saying either director was better than the other, both have made good films. Originality aspect for FC is what pushed it over TD in my book. I feel the same way with Scorsese's Departed. Was OK movie but nothing earth shattering for which he finally won a best director award. Goodfellas or Raging Bull were by far, better 'directed' films than Departed was.

Yeah Scorsese's Departed Oscar was definitely a "Lifetime Achievement" Award.

Same thing with Al Pacino winning for Scent of a Woman vs. any of the other films he was nominated for best actor for....

I think Scorsese wining for The Departed was well deserved considering the other nominees and films that year. Sure, it wasn't his best film, but he wasn't competing against Godfellas, he was going up against films like The Queen and Babel.

Same thing with Al Pacino winning for Scent of a Woman vs. any of the other films he was nominated for best actor for....

He didn't win for Dog Day or Scarecrow or Godfather????????????????????????????? Whatever!

Back