Battle Beasts Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Why the hell hasn't Takara reissued them? I would get into this new line if it goes on far enough.
Apparently, DST now owns the rights to these figures. So, no re-releasing will be done by Takara.

the lazer beasts came after the run of battle beasts. i think they were exclusive to japan though. hard to find in the US. i remember when i was a kid they used to say on the box that you had a chance to find a rare sunburst rub sign that trumped all the other symbols. but there is no record of one ever being found. it was a lie.:(
Check check it:

https://www.stickerfixer.com/battlebeasts/starburst.php

battle beasts feature in one of the transformers takara 'headmasters' episodes! i used to have loads of battlebeasts as a kid!

edit* just noticed pitus post! i only saw that episode recently after buying the headmasters series!

FYI, a source from DST said yesterday (via chat on the Minimate Multiverse) that no other Battle Beasts are going to be released this year apart from the gator (didn't rule out the possibility that alternate versions of the Gator may come at future conventions--direct words "BB is changing colors for shows but still not 100% sure whats up for SDCC I had an idea but might not be time"). However, he said that since they own the license, there is no real rush, and seemed to suggest that plans are in the works.

Take that for what it is worth.

That's lame. I was hoping to see more of these guys this year. I need a new version of Claw Turtle, Hook Bat, and Scorpion Man.

Interesting... although I've generally been lukewarm about 80's toy reboots. Some cool stuff, but nothing I've wanted to collect.

I'll be curious about how successful these new figures will be. I figure it will consist of the Minimates and some of those larger vinyl figures DST showed off at some toy conventions. I hope they'll end up releasing those figures with the rub symbols.

Picked up some Beast Saga figures, these are more Battle Beasts then the new minimate Battle Beasts are.

D5ADD226-9D2E-4A37-990C-DFBB87D5B744-3454-0000049510A111A6_zps62b3d578.jpg

Back