The Limited Collector's Tin Box Edition Of The Blu-Ray Back To The Future Trilogy

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Too bad it sounds live the video has been overly DNR'ed and sharpened on these releases.

Too bad it sounds live the video has been overly DNR'ed and sharpened on these releases.

No.

Gale has made sure that the original film has much less digital noise reduction applied, so the detail is crisp and textures are wonderfully visible throughout. Now... you're also going to see moderate film grain through the whole film, and that's by design. I'm sure some younger viewers will call it noise and find it annoying, but longtime fans of these films should be quite pleased by the fact that the original film look has been preserved.

https://www.thedigitalbits.com/reviewshd/bdreviews101410b.html

Zemeckis and Gale have evidently been heavily involved in these new Blu-ray restorations, and it's good to note that there isn't egregious DNR applied to any of these releases, as seems to be Universal's wont a lot of the time.

https://www.blu-ray.com/movies/Back-to-the-Future-25th-Anniversary-Trilogy-Blu-ray/9152/#Review

The reports are totally false about the it being over DNR'd. There is a plenty of grain in all three movies.
Nearly every review has given the Blu-Ray set 4 to 4.5 out of 5 for the picture

I'm trying to track down the Delorean Edition. Apparently it's Region Free, so that seems like the way to go.

I was on the Blu-ray.com forums to find out about the Delorean edition, apparently everybody who ordered it on Play.com received an email 5 days before release which said Universal had abandoned the Delorean Edition because of Manufacturing issues. Play sent Limited tin boxes to those who did not cancel their orders

I got my Box from Amazon.co.uk today. It took just over a week to get here, so that's pretty good.

It's got a BUNCH of stuff, I wasn't quite prepared, I mean, I knew everything that came with it. Most of it is just cheap printed stuff, the 1885 photo is pretty bad ( :p). But, it's still fun stuff to have. Prop replica stuff is neat.

This set is just AMAZING! Especially the lenticular photo and the artcard postcards.

100_6176.jpg

Watched BTTF yesterday and just sitting down to watch Pt.II. :rock

Damn I want that. I don't care about the sequels that much tho tbh, I think the first movie is perfect to stand alone.

i got my collector's tin set last night!! :yess:

ordered from amazon uk and it took just a week to arrive. amazingly fast, considering i live on the other side of the planet, and i used the non-express postage.

for all those who are wondering about the DNR issue, rest assured that the picture quality is very clear and sharp, as is the case with good blu-ray transfers, but not at the expense of the film's natural grain. they found just the right balance of clarity and "feel".

the audio is also pretty good, and those with a 5.1 channel speaker system will definitely appreciate the soundscaping they've done here. dialogue levels are a wee bit on the soft side though.

oh, and for those who're worried about region coding, relax. it's definitely region-free.

i haven't gone thru all the extras yet, as i only unboxed it when i got home late last night. but the features seem pretty solid and exhaustive. i really wish they'd provided eric stoltz's full scenes, instead of snippets. it's frustrating, cos u get to see what his marty looked like but no dialogue delivery really get a feel of his portrayal of the character.

as for the goodies, they vary in quality. the things i absolutely LOVED are the delorean blueprints, the lenticular family photo, and the art postcards. very collector-worthy.

the mini "outatime" license plate is nice, but i already have the 1:1 replica. the newspaper cuttings are mildly amusing, but not something to really show off. the posters are cool, but nothing too special. the sports almanac is kinda half-baked. it's nice to have, but it's just a few pages, so feels very insubstantial.

the thing that i was most excited about, the old west photo of marty and doc, turned out to be the most disappointing. because the resolution is terrible! it looks like a 25kb thumbnail jpeg blown up to breaking point. still, i might get it framed up and displayed next to the license plate. it should still look impressive from a certain distance.

overall, this tin set is a winner and a must-have for any hard-core fan of back to the future. highly recommended. :clap

That exclusive set must be one of the Coolest sets ive ever seen,you get so damn much in there.If it wasn't for the BR Trilogy set i bought last week i would definitely order this one.

Back