Batman: The Brave and the Bold.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am a huge fan of the show. You can tell the producers and writers on this show are big fans of DC, not just Silver but modern age. Look at the versions of Black Canary and Huntress they used on last night's episode.
I know they do not plan to use the "big guns" like Superman, Wonder Woman, Wally West/Bart Allen Flash and John Stewart Green Lantern but that is okay. I loved seeing Hal Jordan and Jay Garrick got his due. Personal favorite episode is the one were Batman teams up with Sherlock Holmes, Dr. Watson and the Demon to stop Gentleman Ghost. Best episode, imho, the Owlman 2 part episode, love that original Batman costume and Jeff Bennet was not bad as Joker/Red Hood.

I grew to love this show. At first I didn't like the characters designs, but after watching it I grew to love it. Great show for all ages, not to dark like the previous show. I'm also buying key character figures of the show. Got Batman a few days ago and picked up Aquaman and Blue Beetle today. I'm looking forward for the Batmobile and Batplane.

Nice to see them intoducing other characters other than the A list. Never knew the new Blue Beetle was a pretty cool character. Reminds me of Batman from Batman Beyond.

I am a huge fan of the show. You can tell the producers and writers on this show are big fans of DC, not just Silver but modern age. Look at the versions of Black Canary and Huntress they used on last night's episode.
I know they do not plan to use the "big guns" like Superman, Wonder Woman, Wally West/Bart Allen Flash and John Stewart Green Lantern but that is okay. I loved seeing Hal Jordan and Jay Garrick got his due. Personal favorite episode is the one were Batman teams up with Sherlock Holmes, Dr. Watson and the Demon to stop Gentleman Ghost. Best episode, imho, the Owlman 2 part episode, love that original Batman costume and Jeff Bennet was not bad as Joker/Red Hood.

I have to disagree there. I think they made a horrible choice with the voice of the Joker. I was really disapointed with it. I just doesn't fit the character or even how this Joker is animated. Mark Hamill is still the man to beat, but the guy that did the Joker in The Batman series was good too. This new guy, not so much.

I really enjoyed the last episode (I wasn't too crazy about the Batmobile Transformer). It was funny when Beetle was watching Huntress and it was in soft focus and slow motion. I thought it was great how they did that.

And the "hammer of justice is unisex" was a great line. :lol

I have to disagree there. I think they made a horrible choice with the voice of the Joker. I was really disapointed with it. I just doesn't fit the character or even how this Joker is animated. Mark Hamill is still the man to beat, but the guy that did the Joker in The Batman series was good too. This new guy, not so much.

I completely agree, Hamill is the Joker. The only thing is this is a different type of Joker. He is more like the 1940's/50's Joker. This Joker even looks more like the original version from 1940.
This is a completely different show with completely different versions of the characters and for that I love the voice work of this interpretation of the Joker.

Anyone else disturbed by the sexual potpourri that is Mrs. Man-Face in a relationship with Baby-face?

More like ^^^^ Tracy villains than Batman.

How about Huntress (really Batman's daughter) flirting openly with him? (I know it's not THAT Huntress, but still...)

This show can be a lot of fun - I love it when they go off on a tangent, such as Aquaman's personality.

Anyone else disturbed by the sexual potpourri that is Mrs. Man-Face in a relationship with Baby-face?

How about Huntress (really Batman's daughter) flirting openly with him? (I know it's not THAT Huntress, but still...)

This show can be a lot of fun - I love it when they go off on a tangent, such as Aquaman's personality.

It can make one squeamish, but Ms. Man-Face is a woman and Baby-face isn't a baby.

Does Batman really have a daughter? I thought he only had a son...hmmm.

Yeah, in an alternate universe a different Huntress were Batman and Catwomans daughter.

:lol I love BATB Aquaman, he cracks me up.

Me too! I just love every episode he's in. His attitude is very much like The Tick.

Hi-ho Platelet!

Aquaman is kind of like if Mr. Satan or Hulk Hogan were DC superheroes. This show is really fun, I loved the Batmobile turning into a mech. He looked like Mazinger Z, or Batzinger Z.

Friday's Bat-Mite episode was one of the best! There was so much packed into it. I loved all the Loony Tunes references, and the fanboy part was great too. I hope Paul Dini is writing more episodes.

Friday's Bat-Mite episode was one of the best! There was so much packed into it. I loved all the Loony Tunes references, and the fanboy part was great too. I hope Paul Dini is writing more episodes.

Yes, this was a postmodern episode. All the references to other incarnations of Batman and the geek panel where they actually came forth with a answer to all the complaints that B:B&B isn't the Batman fans expect in this era. Definitely a smart episode and probably over the heads of any kids watching the show.

:lecture

Yup. Def one of the best.

I also liked how we got to see more bat villians we haven't yet - Riddler, Catwoman, Penguin, Two-face, Killer Moth, etc. Hopefully we get to see the real versions of all of them at some point.

Yes, this was a postmodern episode. All the references to other incarnations of Batman and the geek panel where they actually came forth with a answer to all the complaints that B:B&B isn't the Batman fans expect in this era. Definitely a smart episode and probably over the heads of any kids watching the show.

The irony is that while the underlying content of the show was well beyond most children, the animation and antics were so zanny and loony toonish that my 16 month old was clapping in delight. A good way to stick it to the critics that think Batman is better then the show! Very brilliant episode. I likened this episode to the Mr. Mtzylplict (spelling? haha) episode of Superman: The animated Series. :rock:rock

I have to point out that the best line in the show so far was in the Baby Face episode. "The hammer of justice is unisex".

I also liked how we got to see more bat villians we haven't yet - Riddler, Catwoman, Penguin, Two-face, Killer Moth, etc. Hopefully we get to see the real versions of all of them at some point.

Might be a while before we see the regular batman Rogues gallery. This show focuses on a much larger DCU then just Batman. Personally, I would prefer to see the common batman Rogues played out in the prelude team up in the beginning. Similar to how they tackled Bane.

Might be a while before we see the regular batman Rogues gallery. This show focuses on a much larger DCU then just Batman. Personally, I would prefer to see the common batman Rogues played out in the prelude team up in the beginning. Similar to how they tackled Bane.

That would be fine by mean too. That is mostly how we've seen Grundy in this series. Anyway we can get some of of Batman's classic villians in there would be fine by me.

Saw a commercial for this to be released on DVD this Tuesday. Was excited, and then severely disappointed when I went to order and found out it's being released in "volumes" rather than seasons. Only for episodes on the DVD. :monkey2

Saw a commercial for this to be released on DVD this Tuesday. Was excited, and then severely disappointed when I went to order and found out it's being released in "volumes" rather than seasons. Only for episodes on the DVD. :monkey2

Big thumbs down from FQRizzo. :mad:

Back