Batman: The Brave and the Bold.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just want to point out, how god awful Santa Conquers the Martians is. Its so bad, that even the MST3K guys couldnt keep me watching.

I just want to point out, how god awful Santa Conquers the Martians is. Its so bad, that even the MST3K guys couldnt keep me watching.

But, but THAT is on the Manos DVD ... one of the best! :horror

Have liked how they've added some hidden jokes very subtly for the adults.
Such as when Blue Beetle's channel hopping in the first episode and there's a guy in the suit going "it's called the Aristocrats" in reference to the infamous joke :D

In a way it is as if they've updated some of the "subversive" humour of the Adam West show, it can be enjoyed again on 2 levels. As heroic Daring Do for the Kids and absurdist with hidden references for their parents, or anyone else watching.

I'm loving this series so far and the Secret Santa episode had me rolling... like a lot of you have pointed out, it's like the writers are aiming for a kids show with wry humor that only the adults pick up on. THis episode had all of the action kids would want, but the fact that Batman and Tornado were beheading and smashing psychotic Santas was great! I like how Batman is still played relatively seriously, but everything around him is completely absurd... Makes it very enjoyable and that's were I find most of the humor. So far the biggest laugh I've gotten out of it is seeing Plastic Man used to shovel monkey poo!:rotfl

So far the biggest laugh I've gotten out of it is seeing Plastic Man used to shovel monkey poo!:rotfl

I had to admit that had me giggling when I watched that. :lol

Was other elements as well, Batman in court saying he'd vouch for Plastic-Man. As if any court would accept that, they don't even know who he is! :lol

Anyone else still watching this ?

I get the feeling this is going to be an underrated little gem, I already like it more than "The Batman" that had the problem of being stuck halfway between the darkness of B:TAS and the Lightness of "The Brave and the Bold" and turning into a bit of a mess because it didn't seem to be able to mix the two together well. It's first season was strong but went downhill very quickly with the addition of Batgirl.

I'll have to agree, I will admit when I saw the character designs (especially Green Arrows) I thought what the hell were they doing. But I thought I'll give it a try and think it's great. The designs lend themselves to some very smooth animation and it's just a hell of a lot of fun.

Will def be getting it on Blu-Ray/DVD which is something I never expected to be doing.

watched a few episodes, pretty cool, alittle camp but thats pretty nice every once in a while. too much brooding = :yuck

watched a few episodes, pretty cool, alittle camp but thats pretty nice every once in a while. too much brooding = :yuck

Yeah it definately has its campy moments, but I agree its refreshing to get away from all the "woe is me" of today's comic books.

The camp is definately intentional though. The show is based on the Brave and The Bold comic book which debuted in 1955. The justice league made its first appearance in issue #28. In other words, the show is based on a comic that came well before the realistic brooding of superheroes and when Camp was all the rage.

It's a great show. At first I didn't like it (this was only judging by trailer), but than I saw it and accepted its cheesiness which in itself is great entertainment I might say.

This week's episode was another good one, but what was with the opening of the show having nothing to do with the Deadman/Gentleman Ghost story line? It seemed a bit strange.

They've done that with the past few eps. Like the Guy Gardner intro having nothing to do with the Wildcat storyline in the main episode.

Is just a bit of fun I guess, allows them to introduce even more DC Characters faster.
Seems like they're using Batman as a springboard to introduce more of the second tier characters to a younger audience so they'll see them as all being on the same level.

Personally I've always seen that with DC, there's Superman, Batman & Wonder Woman and probably the average man on the street couldn't name any others. Whereas they probably could with Marvel Comics.

This week's episode was another good one, but what was with the opening of the show having nothing to do with the Deadman/Gentleman Ghost story line? It seemed a bit strange.

They've done that with the past few eps. Like the Guy Gardner intro having nothing to do with the Wildcat storyline in the main episode.

I thought most (if not all) of the episodes started out that way.

Back