Media Batman: Arkham Knight

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As long as the story is good, I'm fine with it.
I agree with the batsuit...they're Ironman Inspired.
It works with Iron man cause he has all the circuitry, mechanics, etc to make the suit work for him, and his focus is military weaponry.
For Batman, he's focus has always been with his martial arts training so the suit is just an armor to protect him, plus the suit also is also supposed to put fear on criminals. That suit does not provoke fear.
There's no way anyone can move fluidly with that heavy armor.

I think Rocksteady, like Nolan lost this artistic interpretation of batman and decided to go for the "Cool looking" factor instead.
For me personally, Nolan's TDKR complex suit is one of the weakest interpretation of Batman's suit.
Batman Begins though is my all time favorite suit.

I guess if anything, we can take comfort that we'll have other DLC Batsuits to use.
I'm hoping we can have a Batman Begins suit this time. :pray:

I'm loving it. The batsuit's different, sure, but I highly doubt we won't get the same "all you can play" buffet of DLC suits, but I dig it. It might not be as close to the books as the Asylum/City suit, but it's still got those traditional elements that evoke comic book Batman. Black symbol, gray suit; hell, they even gave their reasoning for it in an Interview. Hill said "when you're jumping in and out of a car moving at 80 miles per hour, you're going to need some extra protection." The Batmobile stuff looks great, and Scarecrow's alright, but I haven't seen enough of him to comment definitively.

I think people are jumping the gun judging this based on a 2 minute, heavily edited trailer, when E3 is less than a month away. I look at this as more of a Teaser Trailer than anything.

Trailer didn't really do much for me, sure everything looks shinny, I expected no less.

But it didn't get me excited, I'm not feeling the Arkham vibe at all.

Plus I was distracted the whole time by how much I hate that armored suit, and the cowl is not looking so hot either.

And +1 to all Deckard's comments so far, exactly how I feel too.

This looks pretty dull to me too.

Just compare it to the awesome Arkham City trailers we got and the difference is night and day.

Those games seemed to have more character or something. Batman looks like the typical "realistic" garbage that seems so common now for the character. For me, I guess the only real positive thing to take away from it is that we'll finally be able to drive the Batmobile. Yippee.

I think they could avoid a lot of this negativity by allowing alternate costumes to be worn as soon as you get them, this BS of waiting till you've beaten the game is utter garbage. If the costumes are available then I want to play as the version of Batman I prefer right from the get go!

Man, hearing lots of whining on this thread...all based on a 2 minute trailer. One thing to have concerns, another to have come to a full blown conclusion. Not throwing any one person under a bus, but I'd say, 'chill'

This looks pretty dull to me too.

Just compare it to the awesome Arkham City trailers we got and the difference is night and day.

Those games seemed to have more character or something. Batman looks like the typical "realistic" garbage that seems so common now for the character. For me, I guess the only real positive thing to take away from it is that we'll finally be able to drive the Batmobile. Yippee.

It's obvious that the whole point of AK gameplay trailer was only to show it's shinny new grephikz and the tacticool Arkham Knight villain.

I'm giving RS the benefit of the doubt though, they've earned it.

Can't tell if the voice over is Scarecrow or Arkham Knight. The beginning suggests Scarecrow, but the end suggests Arkham Knight. Hmmm...

I'm not wowed by this either to be honest. The first two games were amazing and AO was great as well given the circumstances. This isn't the Rocksteady AC follow up I've been waiting for. Disappointing so far, but who am I kidding, I'll be dying for it to arrive regardless. I just don't have the hate to hate something so much as to avoid it entirely. I HAVE to play this game. I'm just going to have to decide whether to get a PS4 or a Xbox One to play it :lol

Wasn't it mentioned by RS that the armored suit will come into play much later in the game? He starts out with the same suit he used in Arkham City.

Yeah, but by the looks of everything, I wouldn't be surprised if they redesigned de original suit too.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

Man, hearing lots of whining on this thread...all based on a 2 minute trailer. One thing to have concerns, another to have come to a full blown conclusion. Not throwing any one person under a bus, but I'd say, 'chill'

Look, I'm sure the gameplay is very similar if not fully improved but the visual aesthetics this time out are **** and there is no fixing that at this point which will absolutely put a damper on my own experiance. Gotham is just a big boring mess of dreary, dull, gritty rusted earth tones and Batman is Iron Man in a locomotive. Look at that AC trailer Fabio posted and the locales. The Steel Mill, bubbling pits of green chemicals, neon lights everywhere, the oot villains. It feels like a comic book.

I want to drive that Batmobile that's been teased for 4 frigging games. I can't believe I'm about to say this but hopefully in the next WB Montreal game they deliver on that.

Look, I'm sure the gameplay is very similar if not fully improved but the visual aesthetics this time out are **** and there is no fixing that at this point which will absolutely put a damper on my own experiance. Gotham is just a big boring mess of dreary, dull, gritty rusted earth tones and Batman is Iron Man in a locomotive. Look at that AC trailer Fabio posted and the locales. The Steel Mill, bubbling pits of green chemicals, neon lights everywhere, the oot villains. It feels like a comic book.

I want to drive that Batmobile that's been teased for 4 frigging games. I can't believe I'm about to say this but hopefully in the next WB Montreal game they deliver on that.

:lol :lol

Wait, you said IM. :gah:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    266 KB · Views: 106
Back