Media Batman: Arkham Knight

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Without much of a stretch understand claim difficult work. I suggest you read this article.

I understand that your great information in playing to discuss with every one of the pieces was extremely helpful.

Replaying this game now and surprised on how damn good it is, especially considering how much people complained about the Batmobile, which in retrospect is not an issue at all. The story is about Batman is being pushed to his physical and mental limits, it make sense to have the relentless gameplay to reflect that theme. I remember not liking it the first time around but now I'm having a blast.

There's so much detail layered on top of everything and I spent hours in the GCPD just talking to everyone and a lot of events can unfold differently depending on how you approach the missions. And then of course there's the passing of Kevin Conroy and the director Sefton Hill leaving the company, I think this game is just a once in a lifetime experience that some people (myself included) didn't fully appreciate when it came out.

I'm in the "too much Batmobile" camp. I played it again on GamePass a few months ago, and I just didn't like the Batmobile sections at all. The whole chapter where Gotham is in the gas cloud, and you have to sneak around in the Batmobile to shoot the Arkham Knight's tank drove me nuts. The whole idea of 'stealth vehicular combat' is antithetical to how they designed the Batmobile for the game. I really didn't like that last game. I thought City was a great way to end it.

I'm in the "too much Batmobile" camp. I played it again on GamePass a few months ago, and I just didn't like the Batmobile sections at all. The whole chapter where Gotham is in the gas cloud, and you have to sneak around in the Batmobile to shoot the Arkham Knight's tank drove me nuts. The whole idea of 'stealth vehicular combat' is antithetical to how they designed the Batmobile for the game. I really didn't like that last game. I thought City was a great way to end it.
I felt so weird about AK in the sense that it was so vast that it felt more like a new beginning than an ending. Like this could’ve been the framework for a new Batman series where they fine tuned the ratio of vehicular elements to gameplay, added civilians and regular cars (while not allowing you to pancake over or tase them), used the dual play mechanic to integrate drop-in/drop-out co-op and so forth. It’s still, visually, a gorgeous game and I have fond memories of playing it, but yeah, reading your take on the Arkham Knight tank battle almost sours any desire I have to go back. I got the Platinum trophy and that’s good enough.:lol

I’ll say this, though. Arkham Asylum was what? 2009? We’re over a decade since release and, while I’m not a huge proponent of the trend of making and remaking games, I’d be lying if I said I wouldn’t kill for a ground-up remake for next/current-gen consoles at some point with new gameplay mechanics, new, improved character models, etc.

Some bad news for Switch owners, Arkham Knight runs terribly and honestly I don't think it's worth it, especially now that you can easily play these on much more powerful portable consoles. It's too bad, I think these games are some of the best games ever and Switch owners get the short end of the Batarang.

The Pattinson suit just dropped so I'm staying up to replay this!

IMG_0195.JPG

Damn Batman spoilers all over everywhere!! Anybody getting the new Suicide Squad game? I can't believe they decided to bring back the Arkhamverse for something so... trend chasing.

Damn Batman spoilers all over everywhere!! Anybody getting the new Suicide Squad game? I can't believe they decided to bring back the Arkhamverse for something so... trend chasing.
Nope, won't even buy it when it ends up on sale for like $5. This will go the way of that Avengers game - extinct.

I haven't been following all the hate for it. Is it just really bad or does it **** on the Arkham games?

I haven't been following all the hate for it. Is it just really bad or does it **** on the Arkham games?
It’s an always online looter shooter. There’s one basic melee attack that is only used to regenerate shields. Totally uninspired trend chasing trash.

It takes a big fat **** on the character of Arkham Batman too, as well as the rest of the JL tbh.

Currently sitting at 12k peak players on Steam, absolutely abysmal launch numbers for a brand new AAA game.

Back