Media Batman: Arkham Knight

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Please, please, please have it in 60fps. Those Arkham games on the PC makes me cry I only have a PS3.

Welp, new trailer did nothing for me... Modern as ****, nothing of it says "Arkham".

I am a bit dumbfounded that this is Rocksteady.

The designs are so far away from the comic stuff they embraced for the first two.

It looks ok and I'll still have it day one, but I'm not as excited as I would think I would be for another proper Arkham Game.

I do really hate that new Bat suit though. Everything about it is garbage. The tactical look and the fact that the plating actually moves around is the kind of Iron Man movie whore catering I never expected from RS.

Unlikely - not with the higher everything count....keep those expectations in check

Once could hope. Metal Gear Solid V is a sandbox game that did a locked 60pfs, though it was their own custom engine. I really don't wanna play a Batman game on a PC, hope the PS4 at least could pull that off. :pray:

The designs are so far away from the comic stuff they embraced for the first two.

It looks ok but I'm not as excited as I would think I would be for another proper Arkham Game.

I do really hate that new Bat suit though. Everything about it is garbage. The tactical look and the fact that the plating actually moves around is the kind of Iron Man movie whore catering I never expected from RS.

That's the one thing I'm not liking from this as well. They had the perfect balance between a comic style and modernism in the past 2 games that they did and then suddenly it's as if they flicked the switch onto Nolan mode. I feel like with Arkham Origins being the previous game within this game line, they wanted to follow suit in the designs that game had which is a real shame since they had it just fine the way they were doing it before. I have no doubt the game will be awesome but I wish they stuck to their old design focus.

That's the one thing I'm not liking from this as well. They had the perfect balance between a comic style and modernism in the past 2 games that they did and then suddenly it's as if they flicked the switch onto Nolan mode. I feel like with Arkham Origins being the previous game within this game line, they wanted to follow suit in the designs that game had which is a real shame since they had it just fine the way they were doing it before. I have no doubt the game will be awesome but I wish they stuck to their old design focus.

Yea, just going from what we're seeing so far, it's like we have 3 pieces of a puzzle and this new one here just doesn't quite line up. Like the first two are Burton movies and all the sudden we're getting Nolan's TDKR which is as far removed from Batman as possible while still being Batman.

It's as if they're embarrassed they made 2 of the greatest games in history. I don't get it. At all.

Rewatching it again, man, it doesn't look good at all.

Scarecrow isn't inspired by Freddy, he is Freddy. He has blades now instead of needles and runs his hands on the sides of the pipes to make sparks just like in the reboot. Batman's suit assembling itself and watching the Bat Logo come together like Iron Man literally makes me want to punch someone in the head. He even has the little neck area right off Iron Man's suits. And the Batmobile itself looks poorly thought out. When he runs into a car, it just shatters into a thousand pieces like it's made out of styrofoam. And the AI tries to jump out of the way too early and lands laying down in front of it but instead of a fluid reaction, it's this scripted roll that looks really glitchy.

That trailer just killed all my enthusiasm for this and my faith in Rocksteady tbh. The trailer for AC was so much better and actually showed off Batman's new skills in combat. This just keeps playing up the Batmobile.

Well, we are apparently a minority Deckard. Everyone seems to love what has been shown.

I seriously don't, and I hope skins are available from the beginning, but I doubt it. The change in style bothers me a bit.

But realism. Because Nolan.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

while i dislike the "armor" esque-ness of the new batsuit as much as anyone else, I am trying to see the positive: the closer it looks like an iron man, the greater the chance Hot Toys will release it!

Well, we are apparently a minority Deckard. Everyone seems to love what has been shown.

I seriously don't, and I hope skins are available from the beginning, but I doubt it. The change in style bothers me a bit.

But realism. Because Nolan.

Yea, I had come to the conclusion that WB Montreal's Arkham games would be just that. The gritty realistic stuff. And it's clear even in those games that a progression is occurring where everything and everyone is getting weirder and more comic book like. This isn't a step but a leap in the opposite direction to making everything far more real again and for the last RS game, that's a big disappointment.

while i dislike the "armor" esque-ness of the new batsuit as much as anyone else, I am trying to see the positive: the closer it looks like an iron man, the greater the chance Hot Toys will release it!

Lol, that is sad but so true!

It looks ok but I'm not as excited as I'd think I would be for a proper Arkham Game.

I do really hate that new Bat suit though. Everything about it is garbage.
The tactical look and the fact that the plating actually moves around is the kind of Iron Man movie whore catering I never expected.

as if they're embarrassed they made 2 of the greatest games in history. I don't get it. At all.

Scarecrow isn't inspired by Freddy, he is Freddy.
He has blades now instead of needles and runs his hands on the sides of the pipes to make sparks just like in the reboot.

Batman's suit assembling itself and watching the Bat Logo come together like Iron Man literally makes me want to punch someone in the head. And the Batmobile itself looks poorly thought out. When he runs into a car, it just shatters into a thousand pieces like it's made out of styrofoam.

That trailer just killed all my enthusiasm for this and my faith in Rocksteady.

Thank you, this is exactly how I feel.
I'll download it to try out the story, so far has no interest in wasting $

Back