Media Batman: Arkham Knight

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thankfully alternate costume/skins are pretty much a guarantee.

DiFabio, do you play these games? I remember back when Arkham City came out, you said you watched your brother, I believe, play, but I was just curious. If so, how do you like them?

Also, holy ****, I can't believe I remembered that detail from two years ago. See? We're buds! :lol

Look, I'm sure the gameplay is very similar if not fully improved but the visual aesthetics this time out are **** and there is no fixing that at this point which will absolutely put a damper on my own experiance. Gotham is just a big boring mess of dreary, dull, gritty rusted earth tones and Batman is Iron Man in a locomotive. Look at that AC trailer Fabio posted and the locales. The Steel Mill, bubbling pits of green chemicals, neon lights everywhere, the oot villains. It feels like a comic book.

I want to drive that Batmobile that's been teased for 4 frigging games. I can't believe I'm about to say this but hopefully in the next WB Montreal game they deliver on that.

I thought they showed a lot of potential. Their initial game was quite good, imo. I am all for changing up the gameplay.

I'm still excited.

I do love how, based on a two minute trailer, people in here are all like "Yeah, I've lost faith in Rocksteady..."

Jump the gun much? We've seen a CG Trailer and a Gameplay trailer (Which some people think is a CG Trailer).

Rocksteady's goodwill shouldn't be lost over a two minute trailer, kids.

DiFabio, do you play these games? I remember back when Arkham City came out, you said you watched your brother, I believe, play, but I was just curious. If so, how do you like them?

Also, holy ****, I can't believe I remembered that detail from two years ago. See? We're buds! :lol

I played the first and second one, only got about half way through either of them. It's like Red Dead Redemption, I think I got up to the river down to Mexico and just stopped. I don't really have the time to get into it.

I liked Arkham City though, it was a great game. But yeah, my brothers are into all this stuff more than I am. I'm not much of a video game guy any more. I'll sit down and play Arkham Knight, but it'll probably be me just ****ing around and driving the Batmobile. I haven't finished a game in years. Farthest I've gotten is GTA V, but even then I ended up just messing around after the mini gun, town heist.

Ah, I gotcha. Well, having fun is the whole point, right? I think I'm a little too obsessive. I don't play many games, but, lately, it seems like I've been trying to complete the ones I do. For example, Arkham City. I beat the story twice to 100%, finished all the Riddler's Revenge Challenge and Campaign maps as both Batman and Catwoman (that's about 400+ medals), and I only have one more Predator Challenge until I beat Robin's Challenge Maps to completion. I don't know; in a weird way, it's almost like I don't want to move on to Arkham Knight until I've milked every ounce of gameplay from City.:lol

Wasn't it mentioned by RS that the armored suit will come into play much later in the game? He starts out with the same suit he used in Arkham City.

RS said he wears the new suit because of the use of Batmobile, So im pretty sure its going to be early on the game, since the Batmobile will be used predominantly in the game.

They're probably going to release a billion different suits for this; if one aesthetic isn't pleasing, you'll be able to pick and choose from his bat closet.

They're probably going to release a billion different suits for this; if one aesthetic isn't pleasing, you'll be able to pick and choose from his bat closet.

But have the default suit show up in cutscenes? No thanks. It killed the immersion in City and Origins. I hope RS does real time cinematics this time.

Yeah, but the problem is you probably wont be able to choose which suit to use in the story, until you beat the game once. At least that how it work in the other Rocksteady Batman games.

But have the default suit show up in cutscenes? No thanks. It killed the immersion in City and Origins. I hope RS does real time cinematics this time.

That's exactly what they're doing this time. No pre-rendered cutscenes at all. They're all in-game cutscenes now. :)

RS said he wears the new suit because of the use of Batmobile, So im pretty sure its going to be early on the game, since the Batmobile will be used predominantly in the game.

Lame excuse, its not like this is the first time we see him with a batmobile.
The only difference is this time we get to drive it.
The thing is it is just blatantly obvious they're nuthugging ironman design for Batman.

Lame excuse, its not like this is the first time we see him with a batmobile.
The only difference is this time we get to drive it.
The thing is it is just blatantly obvious they're nuthugging ironman design for Batman.

I honestly think that the "IronBat" design is because of influence of the marketing team. There's just too much Nolan/Stark influence on the AK suit. But, I also think thats the trade-off for making this game next-gen only. Personally, I'm fine with that.

I'm still excited.

I do love how, based on a two minute trailer, people in here are all like "Yeah, I've lost faith in Rocksteady..."

Jump the gun much? We've seen a CG Trailer and a Gameplay trailer (Which some people think is a CG Trailer).

Rocksteady's goodwill shouldn't be lost over a two minute trailer, kids.

People always do this. What we know is that you start the game with AC suit, we know the supposed main villain in the game is an armored gun toting maniac. They've said the suit upgrades through out the game. I'm going to speculate that the change in suit may be story driven and if that's the case, then why the hell not.

It's not like Batman hasn't changed his suit in the comics to deal with situations that the regular suit can't perform in.

But if people want to jump the gun and freak out, go right ahead. :cuckoo:

New trailer is out!

why are people complaining about this? Besides the suit being armored, which makes sense in the the realm of escalation, what's to really dislike about this? You know there's going to be a **** load of Batman skins to download and play through the game as. If anything I feel like Rocksteady is attempting to give us the biggest final for one of mainstreams best Batman stories. This may not be the comic book but Rocksteady has easily given us the best incarnation of Batman in any medium outside of the comics, and I'm super pumped for this game after that trailer.

I love this version of Scarecrow, my favorite version yet and Knight looks pretty damn cool.

Whats the point of the armored suit if its not bulletproof? It also contradicts what Batman says. He goes from having an armored suit in Origins, to a regular one in Asylum and City. Its implied that hes younger and isnt bothered by the weight. But in City Alfred suggest he gets a bigger belt and Bruce says "Too heavy, slowed me down". Then why move on to a metal Iron Man suit?

Back