1/6 Batman 1989: Batmobile Collectible Vehicle - Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Anybody see those pics of the Delorean? The interior of that, and the detailing/realism of the headlights and taillights, is what I had wished we'd gotten on the '89 Batmobile. Don't get me wrong - the '89 Batmobile is great - but it's a barbie car compared to what they've done with the Delorean. Hot Toys is finally bringing the level of craftsmanship of their 1:6 vehicles on par with their 1:6 figures.

10517553_752500958145230_2396147410006058389_n.jpg
10516871_752501284811864_3946075189241561507_n.jpg
10403554_752500474811945_147048216970753753_n.jpg

Anybody see those pics of the Delorean? The interior of that, and the detailing/realism of the headlights and taillights, is what I had wished we'd gotten on the '89 Batmobile. Don't get me wrong - the '89 Batmobile is great - but it's a barbie car compared to what they've done with the Delorean. Hot Toys is finally bringing the level of craftsmanship of their 1:6 vehicles on par with their 1:6 figures.

View attachment 122574
View attachment 122575
View attachment 122576

Really want!

I'd gladly pay 800+ for the delorean. Each new vehicle release is getting better and better for them.

It's not really Hot Toys fault that the 89 BM is so boring inside because that is what the actual car looks like inside. Couple black seats, steering wheel, dashboard and some gear sticks.

Now that the new Keaton is announced, you guys think HT will re-release the Batmobile? Maybe gloss black?

Does the Returns Batmobile have any major differences?

Other than what Hot Toys already included (shinbreakers, turntable, launching discus)? Not really.

The only "major" difference is that the '89 had a matte finish and the Returns was a high gloss black with windshield wipers on the canopy for the snow.

Now that the new Keaton is announced, you guys think HT will re-release the Batmobile? Maybe gloss black?

Hot Toys did their homework when it came to the Returns elements with the shinbreakers, disks etc. I don't think they would produce a whole other version just to give it a new paint job, windshield wipers and a different plastic armor.

They'll probably take the hundreds of them that were sent back because of scratches, slap some glossy paint and windshield wipers on them and release them as a limited edition returns batmobile and charge double what they did last time.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

It honestly wouldn't surprise me, perhaps not within the next year or 2, but after that its certainly possible.

However i think it'd literally be a re-release with a new paint job.

They'll probably take the hundreds of them that were sent back because of scratches, slap some glossy paint and windshield wipers on them and release them as a limited edition returns batmobile and charge double what they did last time.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

You may have said that as a joke but yeah I think that's a plausible scenario :lol

Other than what Hot Toys already included (shinbreakers, turntable, launching discus)? Not really.

The only "major" difference is that the '89 had a matte finish and the Returns was a high gloss black with windshield wipers on the canopy for the snow.

Hot Toys did their homework when it came to the Returns elements with the shinbreakers, disks etc. I don't think they would produce a whole other version just to give it a new paint job, windshield wipers and a different plastic armor.

Of course they will re-release it as a Returns 2.0 and give it a new paint job, windshield wipers and a different plastic armor.

If they feel like they made their goal and/or profit from the 89 car, why not do the same with a returns? They do it all the time with Iron Men.

I have a chance to get one of these locally for $500 with 2 scuffs on the passenger side of the canopy. Good deal?

Back