1/6 Batman 1989: Batmobile Collectible Vehicle - Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I doubt they'd wanna go through the nightmare of shipping even more of these monstrosities in undamaged condition.

Hi, has anyone who has this batmobile modified it so that you can turn on lights with remote instead of having to use switch? Im sure it can be done but do not know how. I am going to display mine in glass enclosure so it is a pain to have to remove it every time i want to switch it on. Thanks

Depends. How bad do you want one and would the scuffs bug you?

Some people paid full price, had scratches on them and didn't care. They were perfectly content with what they had. Other people went crazy, like myself, went through 3 purchases/returns until they got the "perfect one" (in hindsight, it would have been saner to just deal). It just depends how you feel as a collector.

The scratches might not even bother you like it would for some people, so the discount may very well be perfect for you.

Depends. How bad do you want one and would the scuffs bug you?

Some people paid full price, had scratches on them and didn't care. They were perfectly content with what they had. Other people went crazy, like myself, went through 3 purchases/returns until they got the "perfect one" (in hindsight, it would have been saner to just deal). It just depends how you feel as a collector.

The scratches might not even bother you like it would for some people, so the discount may very well be perfect for you.

Any way to buff them out or lessen them if BBTS sent a really bad one? Or are they all about the same in terms of how scratched and the types of scratches they are? Also thanks for the help DiFabio appreciate it.

I got the 89 Batmobile from a local last night for $500 and geez until you have it hand you dont realize the sheer size of this thing or the box! Almost took the whole bed on the small pick up truck i used :lol its not perfect, it has 2 of the dreaded canopy scuffs on the passenger side but unless i shine light directly on them you cant really see them so i was fine with the minor defect. Now to wait for my DX09 :D

50cabffbf62f692f60240297d4131358.jpg

Batmobile 2.0 BETTER have light up tachometers and speedometer... Everything is lit up in the dash BUT those... maybe even 2.0 will have the penguin's face on that screen.

If they do release a second version. I would guess it will be the glossy Returns version. Which I don't want.

I will say that these 2nd versions from Hot Toys are starting to worry me. Makes deciding to buy more difficult.

Any way to buff them out or lessen them if BBTS sent a really bad one? Or are they all about the same in terms of how scratched and the types of scratches they are? Also thanks for the help DiFabio appreciate it.

I almost bought a scratched one from BBTS on several occasions. But I think the scratches would bug me, as I'm kind of a mint condition perfectionist on my toys and comics (even thought I'm an opener, not a Mint in Box type guy).

I later found an insane deal on mine, but man, I can't stop smiling at the thing every time I look at it. It's just such an amazing car, so don't pass up the chance to own one if you can. You just have to decide how much a few nicks would bug you.

Now that would be a good idea. They did the BatPod!

I originally wrote that as a joke, but the more I think about it, the more I think it could look really cool. Plus, a Batmissile would knock at least a few hundred dollars off the purchase price.

I almost bought a scratched one from BBTS on several occasions. But I think the scratches would bug me, as I'm kind of a mint condition perfectionist on my toys and comics (even thought I'm an opener, not a Mint in Box type guy).

I later found an insane deal on mine, but man, I can't stop smiling at the thing every time I look at it. It's just such an amazing car, so don't pass up the chance to own one if you can. You just have to decide how much a few nicks would bug you.

If i had bought mine new i agree i wouldnt have accepted the scuffs. But at $200 under retail i can live it. Paid way less for the 89 than my Tumbler and my Tumbler was brand new and it wasnt without its minor flaws. Im like you were any minor defect bugs the hell out me and my eyes are always drawn to said defect!! :lol But maybe my scuffs arent as bad as some of the others ive seen but im definitely happy with this vehicle. Not saying the scuffs on the BBTS' might be light like mine but their price is not bad if you can live with the scuffs.

Here are the scuffs on mine, at an angle yea you can see them

DB893B9E-E867-471F-ABAE-E63053B0C9B5.jpg

But at a normal viewing distance (my couch) they just sorta disappear

AAB36695-8631-4DFA-9673-FAE3924AAD84.jpg

Contrary at most of people think, and what we saw on bad replicas, in returns the car was not gloss balck, but semi-gloss or black satin wich is not really different than 89 car. (look at the picture on bottom).

I don't know why HT would have shot in the foot adding all the features of the returns to the 89 one if they planned to issue a 92 car! If i were them, i would first make the 89 with machine guns and grapin and then the returns one with a new paint and all the new features of the movie.
I don't think that HT were idiot.
So i think they issued a burton car for both films.
Indeed thet did a re-issue of the tumbler but i think that Nolan stuff is sold much more easier thant burton stuff witch is a niche...
But again i'm maybe wrong...

Yeah, I don't think there will be a second one. That would just be stupide.

Like you said, they packed the first one with Returns features, why make a second one just to change/add a few things?

If i had bought mine new i agree i wouldnt have accepted the scuffs. But at $200 under retail i can live it. Paid way less for the 89 than my Tumbler and my Tumbler was brand new and it wasnt without its minor flaws. Im like you were any minor defect bugs the hell out me and my eyes are always drawn to said defect!! :lol But maybe my scuffs arent as bad as some of the others ive seen but im definitely happy with this vehicle. Not saying the scuffs on the BBTS' might be light like mine but their price is not bad if you can live with the scuffs.

Here are the scuffs on mine, at an angle yea you can see them

DB893B9E-E867-471F-ABAE-E63053B0C9B5.jpg

But at a normal viewing distance (my couch) they just sorta disappear

AAB36695-8631-4DFA-9673-FAE3924AAD84.jpg

Those scuffs don't look bad at all. I've seen a lot worse. Certainly worth buying at the discounted price.

Yeah, I don't think there will be a second one. That would just be stupide.

Like you said, they packed the first one with Returns features, why make a second one just to change/add a few things?

And above all if you look at the 89 car, it has not the inserts for the side planes that appear for returns

Back