1/6 Batman 1989: Batmobile Collectible Vehicle - Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A batmobile would honestly have to have something glaringly wrong for me to notice it like spinning rims or something :lol

The wrong contours kills off the elegance. Thats why everyone has loved the car for so long. The flows and soft curves. It shows elegance.

For the 75 years of Batman, they issued a book called " Batmobile, the complete history" this month. I ordered it. It seems to be very detailed with beautiful pics. It could be a great tool of reference with official cars to see what is accurate and what is not and stop refering to wrong replicas.

:wink1:

Maybe. The one i've got in hand is (re ) printed in may 2014 and issued on june 2014. So yes it is certainly a reissue. But it's great!
:wink1:

Love this Batmobile!
Batcave 7:5 small file.jpg
Batcave 7:5 2 small file.jpg
Batcave 7:5 3 small file.jpg

It doubles as my home office. My wife and I bought our house last year, and we both wanted a large enough walk out basement so all my Batman stuff is contained to one room. That way she gets to do whatever she wants with the rest of the house.

It doubles as my home office. My wife and I bought our house last year, and we both wanted a large enough walk out basement so all my Batman stuff is contained to one room. That way she gets to do whatever she wants with the rest of the house.

Love how clean your room is, I can only hope mine ends up like that.

Thanks! I have two little daughters, so it's actually the cleanest room in the house. And I even let them play Imaginext Batman with me...

Rex, you're a man after my own heart. From Kenner to Hot Toys, our collections are pretty similar. I'd be ecstatic if I had a collection room that could house all of it as nicely as yours. That's amazing. You're a lucky man, most wives and girlfriends would frown upon such a thing.

Anyway, that room is glorious. The Batmobile tables are amazing. The '89 Batmobile is truly a stand out piece down there and I dig how you have the Kenner/misc. Batmobiles/vehicles underneath it. Great job.

Edit: Batman symbol bath floor mat. Seems legit.

After a missed delivery during the week I borrowed a van and went to pick up this monster. Fruit for scale is a tradition right?

2y5ujuja.jpg

u6egyhad.jpg

Thanks, DiFabio. I actually have a lot of stuff still in storage in my closet which I hope to display someday (mostly random Batman memorabilia) if I can find the right kind of display case for it. The Batmobile tables are $40 Lacks from Ikea. I really like them. The shelf underneath them doesn't display that well, so I use that mostly for some of my less favorite vehicles that I still want to keep out.

The bathmat actually matches the Batman shower curtain, towel set (all from Target), and 1989 Keaton trashcan. I still need to paint the room itself, but I haven't gotten around to that yet.

And yeah, my wife is great. But since I work from home, she doesn't really care how my office/man cave looks. She's just happy to have it out of the rest of the house. For years, I had action figures in our bedroom. Not quite her ideal living condition.

The next step is to turn the door to the basement into a grandfather clock that actually opens. I just need to find a cheap one on craigslist one of these days...

Oh yeah, that idea with the clock sounds great.

Hmm, what does the '89 trash can look like. I know I have this Batman Forever one that I bought from the Warner Bros. store back in the day. I thought the art paintings were fantastic.

image.jpgimage.jpg
image.jpgimage.jpg

Thanks, DiFabio. I actually have a lot of stuff still in storage in my closet which I hope to display someday (mostly random Batman memorabilia) if I can find the right kind of display case for it. The Batmobile tables are $40 Lacks from Ikea. I really like them. The shelf underneath them doesn't display that well, so I use that mostly for some of my less favorite vehicles that I still want to keep out.

The bathmat actually matches the Batman shower curtain, towel set (all from Target), and 1989 Keaton trashcan. I still need to paint the room itself, but I haven't gotten around to that yet.

And yeah, my wife is great. But since I work from home, she doesn't really care how my office/man cave looks. She's just happy to have it out of the rest of the house. For years, I had action figures in our bedroom. Not quite her ideal living condition.

The next step is to turn the door to the basement into a grandfather clock that actually opens. I just need to find a cheap one on craigslist one of these days...

Amazing collection and collection room bud. I hope to have a man cave when we decide to buy a bigger house in a few years. Now like you I have a bunch of stuff in the bedroom that the wife puts up with. Have to little girls as well who love playing Batman with me as well.

Now that's a batcave Rex! I bet there's more choice items hidden in the background.

Thanks for the kind words, guys. I've only had my cave a year, but it's the best "office" I've ever worked from. Also the most distracting...

And here's the trashcan, DiFabio. Found a picture of it from someone's ebay sale:

msMdU3wu8-rC8niqm6VDepQ.jpg

Back