1/6 Batman 1989: Batmobile Collectible Vehicle - Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For those of us that don't have the time to read through the last 50 pages, can someone please post the most common QC issues that have popped up that we need to keep an eye out for when our 89 batmobiles arrive?

-Scratches/scuffs on either side of the canopy in varying degrees
-Glue residue on the tiny windows
-Damage to the outer shield (scratches that go deeper than the protective film)
-Missing decals on the dashboard (1 person so far)
-Split down center of tail fin (1 person on you tube)

The scuffs are the worst offender so far. Out of the poll results so far, 56% if Batmobiles have some sort of damage to them.

Question....I ordered on EBay. Is there anything I can do if mine arrives damaged? Or am I SOL?

The EBay seller is local (New York).

I'm freaking out!!!!!

If the seller claims the item is Brand new/Mint then it's their responsibility to get it to you in that condition. If you paid via PayPal you should have coverage through them *and* eBay

I give up.

It's going back.

After hours and hours of tedious buffing I could not remove the rest of the globs of glue on the window. It chemically bonded with the plastic and is literally IMPOSSIBLE to remove. I was feeling pretty hopeful it was working but I did the best I could do. I just can't live with this seeing the glaring glue residue everytime I look at it. So I've made the painful decision to return it for a full refund. Once I get my money refunded I *might* buy another and see if I have better luck.

I haven't been into Hot Toys as long as some of the vets on here, but this might be one of the biggest horror stories I've ever read for a release. Globs of glue? Are you ****ing kidding me? :lol

I don't know how you take the most expensive piece and allow them to customers like this. If it ain't Iron Man, they don't give a ****.

Well, I spoke to Richard over at CornerStoreComics. He said its okay to imspect the batmobile in store and if any defects are found, they will help me take care of it. Good people over at CSC.

Has anyone in Australia had this shipped from SS? I have it on flex but after seeing the size of I box I thought shipping would cost a small fortune. I sent a shipping request last week and never received a response. So I asked in live chat this morning and was told $83. That just doesn't seem correct. I've had smaller boxes ship for a lot more than that!

Well, I spoke to Richard over at CornerStoreComics. He said its okay to imspect the batmobile in store and if any defects are found, they will help me take care of it. Good people over at CSC.

That's pretty awesome. From all the horror stories, you need utter caution in shelling out the cash for it.

If the seller claims the item is Brand new/Mint then it's their responsibility to get it to you in that condition. If you paid via PayPal you should have coverage through them *and* eBay

but and this is a huge but, if you get a damaged piece and want to return it, guess who covers the shipping back to the seller? YOU. Normally this isn't a huge deal, but considering this thing is ginormous, that's a big deal, and very risky. I would ask the seller to inspect it and provide close ups first.

wish I had a place like that around me.

I'll be buying from CSC when I get my refund. Hopefully they'll still have some.

Has anyone in Australia had this shipped from SS? I have it on flex but after seeing the size of I box I thought shipping would cost a small fortune. I sent a shipping request last week and never received a response. So I asked in live chat this morning and was told $83. That just doesn't seem correct. I've had smaller boxes ship for a lot more than that!

Sadly, thats correct. Yet, shipping it about 50 miles from the would run me $98. I couldnt tell you why either.

No, but i'm on the other side of the pond from you. It cost me $110-ish (NZ dollars) for shipping.

but and this is a huge but, if you get a damaged piece and want to return it, guess who covers the shipping back to the seller? YOU. Normally this isn't a huge deal, but considering this thing is ginormous, that's a big deal, and very risky. I would ask the seller to inspect it and provide close ups first.

Good point!

Sadly, thats correct. Yet, shipping it about 50 miles from the would run me $98. I couldnt tell you why either.

No, but i'm on the other side of the pond from you. It cost me $110-ish (NZ dollars) for shipping.

Good luck ever shipping this that cheap ever again. All these companies are getting reduced rates on the shipping and most are still losing money on shipping.

Back