1/6 Batman 1989: Batmobile Collectible Vehicle - Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good luck ever shipping this that cheap ever again. All these companies are getting reduced rates on the shipping and most are still losing money on shipping.

Yeah I definitely thought it was reasonable. Where I got clipped on the Batmobile was the $176 GST fees I had to pay. :mad:

Anyway, my older brother has been living in Atlanta for the past few years... he ships me stuff for Christmas, etc... and the cost of what little he does send has been steadily rising. He paid $60 US for one parcel that was roughly the size of a laptop. Sounds like extortion if you ask me. ;)

I haven't been into Hot Toys as long as some of the vets on here, but this might be one of the biggest horror stories I've ever read for a release. Globs of glue? Are you ****ing kidding me? :lol

I don't know how you take the most expensive piece and allow them to customers like this. If it ain't Iron Man, they don't give a ****.

Not really true. Look in the Iron Monger thread. Also a HUGE and expensive piece that took forever to get in customers hands and almost all of them have cracks in the hips. I know mine does. Really hoping beyond hope that in a month when BBTS gets mine to me that this Batmobile somehow comes to me flawless because returning and dealing with that will be a nightmare.

Not really true. Look in the Iron Monger thread. Also a HUGE and expensive piece that took forever to get in customers hands and almost all of them have cracks in the hips. I know mine does. Really hoping beyond hope that in a month when BBTS gets mine to me that this Batmobile somehow comes to me flawless because returning and dealing with that will be a nightmare.

I hear that. Got my shipping notice from BBTS today. Fingers crossed :pray:

I'm trying my best not to worry as mines not due to arrive until monday.

i own 3 hot toys and nicholson joker arrived with a shredded hat trim, so i know about QC issues.

sincerely sorry to hear about the QC issues some have experienced. on a $700 piece its certainly hard to live with anything that isn't perfect.

How is it that we both have the exact same damage in the exact same spot going the exact same direction, so weird.

I think we just got a Monday or Friday car, meaning the workers were ready for the weekend or hungover from it.
Mine had scratches under the canopy strap also which leads me to believe it was an assembly or packing issue at the factory.

This really is a GREAT piece and those thinking of backing out... I wouldn't, there have been plenty of positive posts with no damage.
Us few that have problems will hopefully get them sorted out with SS.

Anyone else try to seat Keaton Batman fully in the driver seat WITH his boots on, and the stock cape? (Tony Meis's is great for normal poses, but sticks too much when trying to seat the figure).

I was determined to do it, and just did it, but it was pretty tedious. It took me about 10-15 minutes to carefully get him in there, being sure not to damage his glove scallops or anything else. The trick is to get his feet as far in as they will go, and once they hit the wall, bend him at the knees as much as possible. The steering wheel also gets in the way to add to the challenge of it all...but it's definitely possible to get Keaton Bats fully in there, with his ears clear of the closing canopy, will all of his default parts attached.

2sit.jpg

rrds.jpg

38a5.jpg

a9ju.jpg

Last edited:
I like how you have the fist utilized like he's ready to use the shift gears or one of the levers next to him. Dunno if that was your intent or not (probably not :lol).

This also should not have been so difficult. It's almost impossible to get him to sit properly without taking the boots off and even then the cowl ears barely clear the top of the canopy. It's almost just a bit underscaled.

Why you using the slider bar on the canopy? It's not really needed and it wasn't on the movie car either.

Uh yeah...I totally planned that! :lol

Haha, nope I had him in his standing pose with his fist hands on. While I was gingerly shoving (oxymoron, I know) him into the seat, I was thinking I should've swapped his fists for something that would look natural holding the steering wheel and the shifters, but I was already halfway done and just starting to figure it out, so I didn't want to start over. Plus my main goal was to get the entire figure (with the boots on) in just to see if I could do it. I can probably swap the hands with him seated without too much difficulty, but I'm not leaving him in there for long anyway.

Having a little fun with mine with a several year old pos camera and bad lighting.
...but it's definitely possible to get Keaton Bats fully in there, with his ears clear of the closing canopy, will all of his default parts attached.
Thanks for the photos, guys! Your cars look scuff-free. Did you vote in the poll? if not, please do!

This also should not have been so difficult. It's almost impossible to get him to sit properly without taking the boots off and even then the cowl ears barely clear the top of the canopy. It's almost just a bit underscaled.

Why you using the slider bar on the canopy? It's not really needed and it wasn't on the movie car either.

I agree it is difficult to get 1/6 Keaton Bats in the 1/6 car, but I disagree that it should not have been so difficult. It wasn't even possible with the full scale vehicle without modifying the batsuit (shorter cowl ears, cape), or the car (removed seat below the headrest), or both. For the HT version, they probably could have given us a little more legroom there though. I'm not sure if something with the front steering or the design of the reinforcement of the body got in the way of that though...and I'm not gonna unscrew it to have a look.

I like the look of the slider bar, to me, it makes the canopy look more functional, like it's the piston that pushes it open and pulls it shut.

And yes, it was in the movie car. It's visible the very first time the canopy opens when Batman rescues Vicky from the museum, and in Batman Returns, when he first exits the Batmobile to rescue Selina from the clown, it's not visible in the shot, but he's clearly bracing himself on something in the open space between the canopy and the rest of the car, right where the bar would be.

Hot Toys didn't make it up, it's in the movies, but not in every scene...they remove it when it interferes with the shot they are going for, which is why it's great that we have the option to use it or leave it out as we like.

EDIT: Yes Spanbauer, I did vote...as having no damage. Although when I shine a very very bright fluorescent desk light on it, I can see a very very faint line behind the passenger side circular window. But maybe that's just me being super nitpicky since I can't see it at all under regular room light or daylight from windows. It doesn't bother me.

Last edited:
I tried to put him and jack joker in once. I didnt read the directions :lol that the canopy needs to be taken off.. So yea fatman didnt get in...:lol I would think the dx12 might be easy if someone wants to try him take pics please thank's...I saw this pic a few days ago on fb one sixth republc kinda funny.:lol again not my pic...I think keaton or mikey likes it.....:lol

I Passed on the tumbler.

Anyone else try to seat Keaton Batman fully in the driver seat WITH his boots on, and the stock cape? (Tony Meis's is great for normal poses, but sticks too much when trying to seat the figure).

I was determined to do it, and just did it, but it was pretty tedious. It took me about 10-15 minutes to carefully get him in there, being sure not to damage his glove scallops or anything else. The trick is to get his feet as far in as they will go, and once they hit the wall, bend him at the knees as much as possible. The steering wheel also gets in the way to add to the challenge of it all...but it's definitely possible to get Keaton Bats fully in there, with his ears clear of the closing canopy, will all of his default parts attached.

2sit.jpg

rrds.jpg

38a5.jpg

a9ju.jpg

cool pics Darkmagic..:clap

I tried to put him and jack joker in once. I didnt read the directions :lol that the canopy needs to be taken off.. So yea fatman didnt get in...:lol I would think the dx12 might be easy if someone wants to try him take pics please thank's...I saw this pic a few days ago on fb one sixth republc kinda funny.:lol again not my pic...I think keaton or mikey likes it.....:lol

I Passed on the tumbler.
:rotfl that's the weirdest freakin' photo I've seen all week. DX12 googly-eyes is so damn goofy...

Just so people are not confused, im going to the physical store to open and inspect my batmobile.

I thought all online shops are having SSC drop ship for them so they dont pay for shipping to the stores and reshipping them to customers? Maybe BBTS is doing that and If I have to return to them, they can inspect the other ones and send me a perfect one.

Last edited:
Yea, I thought so too, but CSC hasnt told me otherwise. Richard told me they should be arriving next week.

Back