1/6 Batman 1989: Batmobile Collectible Vehicle - Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is there a way, or anyone trying contacting HT about the problem? Maybe let them know for the next batches in production to add some extra protection, like maybe a big plastic sheet between the shields and the batmobile.

I've been so excited since it has been released and seeing people's pics, but it has slowly been turning into a horror show.

You should be ok. You can always file a dispute and Paypal will sort if out as long as you return it. You will cover S/H costs though.
I really feel bad about most US sellers on eBay who are basically going to go through hell with this item....

As a casual eBay seller who just went through hell with a buyer over a small figure, the idea of dealing with this would give me nightmares.

posted in the damage thread but ill post them here too

Cocoon film was pretty dinged up to the point it was all the way through in several spots, but I really don't care too much about that, it will sit in the box.

All foam was in place along with the canopy straps.

Batmobile was almost perfect except for the following, sorry for the crappy pics

i5m2.jpg

e7g4.jpg

p0xd.jpg

59o5.jpg

You may want to peel that plastic tape strip back that's holding the canopy in place... that's where a lot of people are finding the damage. Hopefully with yours having that strip in the right place it protected that for you. Mine plastic strip was pushed to the back of the canopy... if it was like yours it may have avoided getting the scratches.
But either way, I'd check under it just in case.

This is a really unfortunate situation. Looking at the polls, you currently have a 56% chance of receiving a defective one. The scuffs are pretty much in the same place on all of them which leads me to this hypothesis...................

When Hot Toys was packaging these, they were laying the Batmobile upside down on something with out the sheild. Perhaps a table with some kind of groove in it for the fins and canopy. Either the friction of setting it down or the car vibrating while they put in all the screws for the cardboard caused what ever it was lying against to rub the paint off or scratch the surface of the car.

Anyways all of this has put me in full on :panic: mode. I was going to get my acrylic case built for this ahead of time so that when I did receive it I could put it under it right away. Now I am going to wait until I actually have it in hand. If it has any defects it is going back for a full refund. I'd hate to pay almost $200 for a custom case that I have no use for.

I love having this beauty to wake up to everyday. Its hard to believe if told me what my collection include's when started this awesome hobby I'd say SCHAAAA RIGHT !AS if could afford but thank god for flexpay. Its realy even therapuitic to wash or dust this baby with a good microfiber cloth. I love it !

i've been told that the acetone inside nail polish remover is a good solution to removing the gluey residue off those pot hole windows behind the cockpit...if i can get rid of this mark then i'm keeping mine! i'll let you know how i get on :lecture

I love having this beauty to wake up to everyday. Its hard to believe if told me what my collection include's when started this awesome hobby I'd say SCHAAAA RIGHT !AS if could afford but thank god for flexpay. Its realy even therapuitic to wash or dust this baby with a good microfiber cloth. I love it !

That picture really has me hoping I get one that's undamaged. :pray:

This is what we need to see more of to try and keep some optimism in the thread. Thing is a beauty!

I hope and prey no more batmobiles ever ,ever get damaged again. I feel for all that must deal with this bull . We should be rejoicing in celebration together not worrying what if ? Realy hard too enjoy with so many q.c issues popping up....Just triple quadruple rap this baby up before shipping. I'm sure there losing tons of money because of this issue....

Mine has shipped! I used to be excited, now I feel like I'm just going to be disappointed when I open it. I know I shouldn't feel that way but it's hard times on this thread nowadays.... My excitement level went from 10 to a 2.5:dunno

Mine has shipped! I used to be excited, now I feel like I'm just going to be disappointed when I open it. I know I shouldn't feel that way but it's hard times on this thread nowadays.... My excitement level went from 10 to a 2.5:dunno

Good luck. I am hoping it turns out well for everyone. The one big plus is the QS Bats went from a 2.5 to a 10! :lol

This is a really unfortunate situation. Looking at the polls, you currently have a 56% chance of receiving a defective one. The scuffs are pretty much in the same place on all of them which leads me to this hypothesis...................
Bustajesse I think you're right that these are getting scratched and scuffed at the Hot Toys factory during assembly or packaging. I don't see how pieces of foam could possibly cause deep scratches and scuffs in the paint. Further lending to the notion that it occurred at the factory is that the damaged units seem to have come in a second wave; the first week or so of people receiving the Batmobile had no issues. Then suddenly this week nearly everyone who received one has the same damage. That to me indicates that someone at the factory got sloppy toward the end of their shift after having assembled and/or boxed these things all day.

With any luck the next wave will no longer have these issues.

Some guy on youtube had a cracked/split fin.
That sounds like something a little superglue could fix. Think I'd rather have that than scuffs and scratches in the focal point - arguably the focal point of the whole piece.

Hot Toys should start bottling and shipping nail polish-sized bottles of touch-up paint to buyers of the 89 Batmobile.

The paint came off of it too, it looked pretty bad. I'll dig up the video again.

Back