1/6 Batman 1989: Batmobile Collectible Vehicle - Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys Batman 1989: 1/6th scale Batmobile Collectible Vehicle - Specs & Pics

Did any of you guys happen to watch beware of the batman yesterday?

Re: Hot Toys Batman 1989: 1/6th scale Batmobile Collectible Vehicle - Specs & Pics

There's a thread about it in the movie section

Forget "where am I going to display this" the problem is "where am I going to store the box?"

Can always just break the box apart, that's what I did on tumbler, took my time cut the tape and flatten the box and the foam parts can store some what easier :\

Batmobile ---> Batmissile = FX cheat
Tumbler ---> Batpod = FX cheat

This is true no doubt, and the cgi Batpod model does things the physical model could not possibly do. Still, it does not contradict the design of its base car, you can imagine batpod parts fitting tucked away in the whole tumbler. A batmissile could have easily be imagined fit inside a whole Batmobile too, without warping the design of it. It's like the model makers built it from memory, without using any of the access they had to the real car as reference. The Batmobile-to-batmissile model looks terribly inaccurate, and that's what hurts the batmissile's final design the most...not that it's an fx cheat...but that even while "cheating", they couldn't make it match to the origin car.

Is anyone else flip flopping on this like every hour? I want it but I want other stuff too and with SDCC coming up.. I have it reserved at the moment and got it for a discount at bbts so I know if I cancel that's it. I'll never get it that cheap again. Which means I'd never get it. It is the best batmobile but it takes up so much space and I am concerned about it looking too plastic/toy like. Plus it is a huge pricetag even with the discount. Anyone in the same boat still at this late point in the game?

No your not alone, im in the same boat as you. Whenever i think of cancelling my preorder i always come to the conclusion that after getting it, and if not satisfied, you can always sell it.

The idea of not owning something as cool as this is completely alien to me.It s just finding the cheapest option to get it home.

I am in the same boat. I don't have a batman yet but I will probably get a Returns Keaton or an Arkham City Bats when HT does them and without the Batmobile next to them (especially Keats) it would seem incomplete. I also primarily collect star wars and want the upcoming tauntaun and I am just thinking that if I pass on the batmobile I could get a 1/4 Tarkin, 1/6 catwoman, and 1/6 sideshow vader for the price of just the batmobile. This thing better be Great for that pricetag. I am just so back and forth on it. I feel like Two-Face.

It's best to get this now, while the price is at its LEAST SCARY. Tarkin and even Vader might be around and stay at retail prices waaaaaaay longer than the 1989 Batmobile would. This car's out for just a week in HK and is still available for PO at some retailers but already we're seeing prices ballooning in the market.

Ok, just had a horrible thought. It's just dawned on me that I need to make space for the sheild as well as the Batmobile. aaaaarrrrgggh...
I normally dump the boxes due to space issues, but this is like getting to cars space wise.

That's not a problem for me, and I don't have a whole lot of space. I'm just going to keep the shields on most of the time when I'm not trying out one of its features or directly gawking at how cool it looks.

I can't afford to spend the money (or space) to get a quality custom case made for this anytime soon, so the shields will be the dustcover that my Tumbler WISHES it had.

This thing better be Great for that pricetag. I am just so back and forth on it. I feel like Two-Face.

I'm the same. I'd just let it go if I thought it could be got any time for the current price (which is already a lot). This can be no casual purchase now but it definitely couldn't be in the future because the price is only gonna go up.

You getting this a-dev? Have you seen all the pics and that glorious YouTube video of the assembly?

I'm kind of on the edge too. If AP Collectibles ends up bumping my shipping price up, I might just tell them to cancel it.

You getting this a-dev? Have you seen all the pics and that glorious YouTube video of the assembly?

Not sure I've seen that youtube vid, I keep seeing the same one with the sequence of pics of it set up on what looks like a side street somewhere.

My circumstances changed dramatically this week, not necessarily for the better, but it did free up money. I'm just wary of doing anything rash.

Most things with the names "Hot Toys" and "Batman" in the ttle could never be described as rash.

Not sure I've seen that youtube vid, I keep seeing the same one with the sequence of pics of it set up on what looks like a side street somewhere.

My circumstances changed dramatically this week, not necessarily for the better, but it did free up money. I'm just wary of doing anything rash.

[ame]https://youtu.be/Soidfzl8lbs[/ame]

Just use a screw driver. It'll take more time, but it'll work.

But I want to look cool unscrewing it like that guy.

Back