1/6 Batman 1989: Batmobile Collectible Vehicle - Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys Batman 1989: 1/6th scale Batmobile Collectible Vehicle - Specs & Pics

I been thinking a lot on how to display this beast.
1. Batcave dio
2. batmobile armor being attacked by joker thugs set up.
3. batmobile out on street in city dio
4.display case coffee table idea ikea
5.build a lightbox display for it.
6. bite the bullet and pay 400 for a custom case.
What will do for now shelf or table and just enjoy the awesome forever......

Re: Hot Toys Batman 1989: 1/6th scale Batmobile Collectible Vehicle - Specs & Pics

I been thinking a lot on how to display this beast.
1. Batcave dio
2. batmobile armor being attacked by joker thugs set up.
3. batmobile out on street in city dio
4.display case coffee table idea ikea
5.build a lightbox display for it.
6. bite the bullet and pay 400 for a custom case.
What will do for now shelf or table and just enjoy the awesome forever......

You could set up #2 no matter what, and still have the other options if the room is available.

I am building a full batcave with rotating platform dio.:yess:

I'm getting one '89 Batmobile, one DX 13 (will part out a second look like I did with DX 11 Joker), one Joker Nicholson Mime and one Robocop.

ED-209 too if the dome isn't rubber.

That's it. I used to be multiple crazy, especially with the Joker, T-1000 and Terminator) but I had to curb it. Variety is the spice of life. I'd rather have a selection of one product each than 10 of the same thing. I've learned it bloats out the collection.

Yep a electric turn table will pick up to display in auto show fashion. I need to pick up a armory and a couple batsignal lights. I wanted to grab a batpod but thing looked too fragile so passed and just not a tumbler fan. I kinda dig the tumbler but not enough to buy.

I am building a full batcave with rotating platform dio.:yess:

It will take quite the motor to turn this beast. You will need a dedicated thread for your batcave project. I would follow it closely!

Thanks. I've been working on my collection display for the batcave and all the figures and dios. Here's where the batmobile is going.

EB172286-87E0-4365-BD93-805B9E3F0883-8002-000004637411BCA0_zpsecc9614b.jpg

30846A9F-D189-4B42-B83B-C4ED9458C266-8002-000004637D6AD4BC_zpsf3860de3.jpg

6772B336-86B9-4299-A336-43053265EAF8-8002-000004638ED5E090_zps3c3042bf.jpg

I'm getting one '89 Batmobile, one DX 13 (will part out a second look like I did with DX 11 Joker), one Joker Nicholson Mime and one Robocop.

ED-209 too if the dome isn't rubber.

That's it. I used to be multiple crazy, especially with the Joker, T-1000 and Terminator) but I had to curb it. Variety is the spice of life. I'd rather have a selection of one product each than 10 of the same thing. I've learned it bloats out the collection.

Variety is nice and would be absolutely for me in an ideal world but in a world where I could do with ending my participation in this hobby variety is theoretically limitless. I feel I would be forever going 'oh, that'd be nice, I'll take that because I don't have anything from that film' etc etc. At least that's how it could go down for me. If you are more disciplined than I am you'll be able to say 'One BD T-800, one Robocop, one of this Joker, one Ed-209 and then I'm not even gonna look at anything else, no matter what new cool movies come out, I won't be interested full-stop'. I fear I couldn't do that. My collection got as massive as it did over as long a period of time as it has because I just kept impulse buying new things and branching into new lines and new scales for 'variety' sake. That's why I'm trying to force defined limits on myself. Now...I dunno how good a job I'm doing at that. Not buying the batmobile will be a good move for me though and selling the Tumbler. This'll pre-emptively kill off any temptation to get the Delorean which I know I would want otherwise.

Last edited:

You seem to have a balanced head about buying toys and its impact on your real life. That's good. I've seen too many times where certain collectors have let their hobby get out of control and put it before their families and personal lives. It can get a little sad.

Thanks man. I can always buy a better version 2 yrs later or 10 yrs later...but if this one dumps me... cant always get an understanding wife ;) shes been very patient so far!....thanks again...

Thanks man. I can always buy a better version 2 yrs later or 10 yrs later...but if this one dumps me... cant always get an understanding wife ;) shes been very patient so far!....thanks again...

Words to live by. Great stuff man.

Last edited:

My whole philosophy is if you ever need to keep convincing yourself to buy something then you probably shouldn't. The things you should buy you will never even question. You will see it and know you just can't pass it up.

I like this philosophy. Don't convince yourself. Only buy items you immediately know you must have. Smart man. :lecture

I hope with what SSC is charging for shipping, it doesn't take a weak to reach me here on the East coast!

Just got done catching up on the past 100+ pages of this thread and looking at all the pics. This thing is absolutely EPIC! I'm so glad I pre-ordered it from Alter Ego last year.

My only 2 minor nitpicks are the front lights don't seem yellow enough when lit and I don't really care for the wheels being all silver. I think they would look better if they were a bit darker, but that's a simple mod that could always be done with a little paint.

just waiting for the Sideshow email to confirm that my card has been charged and the Batmobile is scheduled for despatch tomorrow! :rock

I have the funds all set aside for this -can't wait! Delivery day will be awesome indeed.

Still not sure how I'm going to display this. Might have to create a coffee table display case.

We need video of people receiving this giant box from the UPS guy. The reactions should be priceless.

I'm having a tough time with deciding whether or not to keep my order. Its so amazing and iconic. And in a totally juvenile way it reminds me of pining for the USS Flagg and never getting it.

But its just so damn big. Like the Flagg the Batmobile is a grail of sorts but it won't fit in a curio (unless I find one designed to store automans.) So presentation will be a challenge. We're moving cross country in about 6-8 months. A terrible time to add another piece of "furniture" to the moving truck.

And to top it all off there's the ED-209 and tauntaun. The tauntaun is my favorite landbased "ride" in all of cinema. And it will no doubt be cheaper and have a much smaller footprint. As will the ED-209, which I also like more than the batmobile. So $600+ for my third favorite 1/6th scale "big" collectible and then the inherent difficulty of storing/moving/displaying it.

Our new house will have a fourth bedroom that will be my office/man cave. So I'll have an entire room to play around with, but at this point in my life I'm not really looking for a lot of "effort" to be associated with collecting. And the batmobile will certainly require that to get the end result/presetation I'd be looking for.

I do agree that if I have to think through it this much I probably shouldn't get it (the tauntaun and ED-209 were/are day 1 slamdunks) but dammit I want a Flagg. :lol

We need video of people receiving this giant box from the UPS guy. The reactions should be priceless.

And the whole street is shouting: 'Move that bus!'.

Back