1/6 Batman 1989: Batmobile Collectible Vehicle - Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys Batman 1989: 1/6th scale Batmobile Collectible Vehicle - Specs & Pics

Still waiting for a really great set of photos of this car; I guess OMG isn't getting this one, huh?

Re: Hot Toys Batman 1989: 1/6th scale Batmobile Collectible Vehicle - Specs & Pics

Do it naked and you'll look über cool. :lecture

You got that right.

americanpsycho.jpg

I'm the same. I'd just let it go if I thought it could be got any time for the current price (which is already a lot). This can be no casual purchase now but it definitely couldn't be in the future because the price is only gonna go up.

The issue is many people will say its great even if they wont like it. The reason is when people spend dollars on a beamer and even if it gives them stick trouble they say oh damn this car is so noiseless, that i love it. Such is life, to me for the amount of details its way way too expensive. I am not sure if there are any additional details, for instance i would have liked to see hottoys take a stab and put an imaginary engine / circuit details under the hood etc. Some noise features? I feel the only usp for this is the size which will actually be a problem for most people. As far as price skyrocketing and being sold out, not sure why people on this forum dont understand that it is not cause simething is rare it wholly depends on pre order accelaration and production quantities based on demand. If hot toys did not achieve a usual sold out status trust me buyer remorse wld have sky rocketed and that they cant afford. Given an option for them everything must sell in volumes but still achieve sold out status. My view and no one will say this on this forum but if you honestly ask someone 2 months down the line all they will see is a beautifully shaped plastic with minimal features and details for the price paid. Its a great figure but way way too expensive. Even then its a good buy as a batmobile may not come for some time now, but the space is an additional killer.

"Something is approaching. Very large, very fast..."
- Poodle Lady, Batman Returns
(wrong vehicle, but who cares)

What are the odds that HT would release a 1/6 Batskiboat for the Returns Batman? Would anybody want to buy that? I guess you really need a Batcave to put all these Batvehicles...

The issue is many people will say its great even if they wont like it. The reason is when people spend dollars on a beamer and even if it gives them stick trouble they say oh damn this car is so noiseless, that i love it. Such is life, to me for the amount of details its way way too expensive. I am not sure if there are any additional details, for instance i would have liked to see hottoys take a stab and put an imaginary engine / circuit details under the hood etc. Some noise features? I feel the only usp for this is the size which will actually be a problem for most people. As far as price skyrocketing and being sold out, not sure why people on this forum dont understand that it is not cause simething is rare it wholly depends on pre order accelaration and production quantities based on demand. If hot toys did not achieve a usual sold out status trust me buyer remorse wld have sky rocketed and that they cant afford. Given an option for them everything must sell in volumes but still achieve sold out status. My view and no one will say this on this forum but if you honestly ask someone 2 months down the line all they will see is a beautifully shaped plastic with minimal features and details for the price paid. Its a great figure but way way too expensive. Even then its a good buy as a batmobile may not come for some time now, but the space is an additional killer.

I'm thinking perhaps you may be right. Its cool no doubt and if you're a Batman obsessive it is clearly a must-have regardless. The mere fact of what it is makes it worthwhile to a Batman obsessive and I understand that completely. However right at this moment I'm thinking I'm just not enough of a Batman fan to lay down this amount of cash for something so space-consuming.

Having the Tumbler makes me want the 89 but I think instead I may just sell my Tumbler. That is an option for me now where it wasn't before. Though I don't think I'll be making much money on it, international shipping costs will be massive.

I need to accelerate my way out of this hobby.

You know you can put this on flexpay through Sideshow, it's still expensive but makes it easier on the finances. I did. I won't get untill late November, but for the cost of it for one payment I can wait.

I think flex play is where the trouble is. One must decide if they want a figure or no. Period. Flex pay makes one buy figures that otherwise a person cannot afford. I have been down that addiction struggle cause at one point i had 3 figures coming in a month... Satues etc and i kept telling myself technically i am buying just one a month but trust me that leaves you with a whole lot of other issues. I dont think one must have a tumbler, batmobile, batpod, bat, everything to be a true fan. As a true fan one must know what is worth the price and what you can do justice to your collection with. I dont think one needs to sell a tumbler just cause you dont have batmobile. I resisted tumbler and no regrets, i resisted batmobile and no regrets, i will buy the 1966 batmobile if and when it comes and hoping it is full of details. I dont need to have a tumbler and 89 batmobile to buy 66 and show how big a fan i am. I have over 100 figures and i dont have a keaton or a nolan batman!!! I have all jokers, bane, etc just no batman... I like batman statues rather than 1/6 figures but thats just me.

I think flex play is where the trouble is. One must decide if they want a figure or no. Period. Flex pay makes one buy figures that otherwise a person cannot afford. I have been down that addiction struggle cause at one point i had 3 figures coming in a month... Satues etc and i kept telling myself technically i am buying just one a month but trust me that leaves you with a whole lot of other issues. I dont think one must have a tumbler, batmobile, batpod, bat, everything to be a true fan. As a true fan one must know what is worth the price and what you can do justice to your collection with. I dont think one needs to sell a tumbler just cause you dont have batmobile. I resisted tumbler and no regrets, i resisted batmobile and no regrets, i will buy the 1966 batmobile if and when it comes and hoping it is full of details. I dont need to have a tumbler and 89 batmobile to buy 66 and show how big a fan i am. I have over 100 figures and i dont have a keaton or a nolan batman!!! I have all jokers, bane, etc just no batman... I like batman statues rather than 1/6 figures but thats just me.

Wait, who exactly is challenging your status as a true fan? :dunno

You don't want to buy a '89 Batmobile, fine. Don't buy it. What's the issue? Seems pretty simple to me.

Wait, who exactly is challenging your status as a true fan? :dunno

You don't want to buy a '89 Batmobile, fine. Don't buy it. What's the issue? Seems pretty simple to me.

Sorry for confusion. I was writing to adev when he said he might sell his tumbler. I am not too worried even if anyone challenges my status as a fan.. Lol... Am way past that age. Sorry for the confusion.

Well, regardless I still think it'd be a good idea for me to not buy this and to sell my Tumbler. I never should have bought that in the first place. ''It'd be cool'' just isn't enough anymore whereas if its something I'm obsessed with I might be more inclined to allow myself a huge purchase like this.

Well, regardless I still think it'd be a good idea for me to not buy this and to sell my Tumbler. I never should have bought that in the first place.

Thats exactly my point. Many will buy this and feel the same. Many wont. To be honest, i did a lot of buying this year and my wife has been very patient. In mid 30s the amount of spend i am doing is not normal :) also, there will be many that are coming out for me... Robocop with chair, vader, catwoman already on order and i am waiting for tonto, 1/6 terminator endo and any other terminator :) , and faora, die cast whiplash as they come out. I am struggling on shelf space and thats another problem. I also have to catch up on some missed figures like abigail whistler, machiko and don carlone... The list is long and money is drying...

Last edited:

haha...it's "quote a-dev day".

Well, regardless I still think it'd be a good idea for me to not buy this and to sell my Tumbler. I never should have bought that in the first place. ''It'd be cool'' just isn't enough anymore whereas if its something I'm obsessed with I might be more inclined to allow myself a huge purchase like this.

Do it...be like Jeff Dunham...
Jeff-Dunham-Batmobile-Photo-thumb-610x335-71533.jpg

haha...it's "quote a-dev day".]

I know, I'm just so quotable.

Do it...be like Jeff Dunham...
Jeff-Dunham-Batmobile-Photo-thumb-610x335-71533.jpg

My multiple DX13s will be my major purchase. Buying a batmobile won't stop me wanting multiple DX13s. I shouldn't do both and I think I won't.

My whole philosophy is if you ever need to keep convincing yourself to buy something then you probably shouldn't. The things you should buy you will never even question. You will see it and know you just can't pass it up.

I cant believe were in the last week or so to wait. Charge and ship tommorow. I ve seen everything and still gonna be amazed when shows up.

Thats exactly my point. Many will buy this and feel the same. Many wont. To be honest, i did a lot of buying this year and my wife has been very patient. In mid 30s the amount of spend i am doing is not normal :) also, there will be many that are coming out for me... Robocop with chair, vader, catwoman already on order and i am waiting for tonto, 1/6 terminator endo and any other terminator :) , and faora, die cast whiplash as they come out. I am struggling on shelf space and thats another problem. I also have to catch up on some missed figures like abigail whistler, machiko and don carlone... The list is long and money is drying...

You seem to have a balanced head about buying toys and its impact on your real life. That's good. I've seen too many times where certain collectors have let their hobby get out of control and put it before their families and personal lives. It can get a little sad.

Back