1/6 Batman 1989: Batmobile Collectible Vehicle - Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys Batman 1989: 1/6th scale Batmobile Collectible Vehicle - Specs & Pics

As long as we're on the batmissile, it always was weird to me how quickly and easily Bruce Wayne had progressed on replacing the sides that he jettisoned. I understand he's extremely rich and can easily afford the parts he needs to replace 2/3 of his supercar, but then, why doesn't he already have a spare whole batmobile?

Re: Hot Toys Batman 1989: 1/6th scale Batmobile Collectible Vehicle - Specs & Pics

Buy it.

If you love it, keep it and enjoy it. If it doesn't do much for you, flip it. Atleast that way you can say you physically owned it and you wouldn't have any regrets of possibly "missing out".

We know there are going to be folks that come on here a couple of months/years from now looking to get one only to find that the price is even more outrageous and ridiculous than the original MSRP.

Can u imagine how many people would do that... Many have bought it with this logic and number of buyers who buy 600+ dollar figures / cars etc are not so many. Also when one tries to ship this we wont get reduced rates like these big corps get. My view is it would be a pain to sell at a future point. Will there be buyers ofcourse yes. But my reco to people is to buy it if they need it... Flipping is risky.

If he could pop the wheels back out on the Bat-Missile It could probably look like a Bat F1... but looks like someone already nailed it:

F1-Batmobile-Tumbler-race-car.jpg

If he could pop the wheels back out on the Bat-Missile It could probably look like a Bat F1... but looks like someone already nailed it:

F1-Batmobile-Tumbler-race-car.jpg

That is pretty sick :yess:

Here's the bigger problem, however unlikely. 3 years or so from now, HT relaunches this Batmobile as a Returns version with a glossy paint job, windshield wipers, Returns armor cover and a pull out engine! Oh and they include a 1/6 Batmissile which you cannot buy separately! The whole thing is say $879.99. Would you buy it all again for the pull out engine and the Batmissile?

Yep, would by at least two.

As long as we're on the batmissile, it always was weird to me how quickly and easily Bruce Wayne had progressed on replacing the sides that he jettisoned. I understand he's extremely rich and can easily afford the parts he needs to replace 2/3 of his supercar, but then, why doesn't he already have a spare whole batmobile?

Like his 60s counterpart he s got a Batmobile/Batmissile jettisoned body parts pick-up van on standby.Or not.

Like his 60s counterpart he s got a Batmobile/Batmissile jettisoned body parts pick-up van on standby.Or not.

I believe in the original Sam Hamm draft of the script he had a mechanic called "The Kid" who was supposed to be the forerunner to Robin.

Interesting that the five best Batman movies all have one thing in common: no costumed Robin.

interesting that the four best batman movies all have one thing in common: No robin.

I AGREE WIT U.

No love for Mask of the Phantasm? ;)

On topic, for all the shots of this dwarfing the Tumbler, I can't wait to see a comparison shot of this with the Toynami version.

No love for Mask of the Phantasm? ;)

On topic, for all the shots of this dwarfing the Tumbler, I can't wait to see a comparison shot of this with the Toynami version.

:exactly::exactly::exactly:

who's crazy enough to have both. :horror

You should, I bet you'd like it (unless BTAS doesn't do anything for ya).

I saw that in theaters way back when and loved it. Even though it was released in cinemas back in 1993, I still don't consider it one of "the films" even though it's fantastic. It wasn't live action and was intended to be a home video release.

EDIT:

And technically Robin exists in Mask of Phantasm, he's just at Gotham University.

And technically Robin exists in Mask of Phantasm, he's just at Gotham University.

Yeah but if we're getting technical, Nolan's version of Robin exists in BB and TDK, he even saw Bruce Wayne in person (off screen). He's just a kid named Robin at an orphanage.

I was talking about taking the films themselves at face value, based on what we see in them, not what we know exists in their universe.

Never seen this before. Very cool.

The Batmobile cannot physically transform into the Batmissile, it was an FX cheat. The actual form changes. It would not be possible to replicate in a toy with any accuracy. Therefore if HT do release a Bat missile it would have to be a stand alone release. A second transforming Batmobile is not an option.

I always thought it was a weird thing. Reminded me of a weird small freight train.

batmissile.jpg

Seriously? Who builds structures that narrow? There's a window but the width is only a few feet! What's the purpose? Ridiculous!

People think too much nowadays and just don't enjoy movies the same. 21 years later and they are over analysing.

Back