1/6 Batman 1989: Batmobile Collectible Vehicle - Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys Batman 1989: 1/6th scale Batmobile Collectible Vehicle - Specs & Pics

I may need to request a pack out from SS when this thing ships. You never know.

Re: Hot Toys Batman 1989: 1/6th scale Batmobile Collectible Vehicle - Specs & Pics

I think CSC over here in California is doing $50 flat rate shipping on this item. So I think you're shipping quote is actually pretty good.

As far as I remember, SSC just takes whatever outer shipping box the item comes in from HT, and ships it to you as is.

This is going to come in an extremely large box already. I hope HT packs it well on the inside.

Yep. That's why I might go with a pack out. My Jack Sparrow PF box was beat to hell when I got it from UPS

Yep. That's why I might go with a pack out. My Jack Sparrow PF box was beat to hell when I got it from UPS

That's unacceptable for a collector. Sorry to hear that.

That's one of the reasons I buy from AE. They put the HT outer shipper into another shipper with paper to stuff in between.

Why is this thing shaped to look like a giant black _____?

Apparently anatomical correctness is filters.

I think CSC over here in California is doing $50 flat rate shipping on this item. So I think you're shipping quote is actually pretty good.

As far as I remember, SSC just takes whatever outer shipping box the item comes in from HT, and ships it to you as is.

This is going to come in an extremely large box already. I hope HT packs it well on the inside.

I just wasn't sure if that quote (albeit an estimate and not exact) could possibly be right. It seems far too low to ship something this big to Ireland. Maybe its just because I'm so used to Canadapost costs.

The Tumbler shipped to me from Toys2 in a pretty sturdy Tumbler-specific box with reinforced corners. If the outer box on the 89 is to be anything like that one I wouldn't think there'd be a problem. How does one normally request the pack-out option? During the ordering process or do you send them an email? I presume it adds to the cost?

Yeah, such a long wait.

I just wasn't sure if that quote (albeit an estimate and not exact) could possibly be right. It seems far too low to ship something this big to Ireland. Maybe its just because I'm so used to Canadapost costs.

The Tumbler shipped to me from Toys2 in a pretty sturdy Tumbler-specific box with reinforced corners. If the outer box on the 89 is to be anything like that one I wouldn't think there'd be a problem. How does one normally request the pack-out option? During the ordering process or do you send them an email? I presume it adds to the cost?

You have to call and request it when you receive your 24 day out notification is what they told me.

They don't have the option to request it online as of yet.

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bs66n6vF0g4&feature=g-u&context=G231acd2FUAAAAAAAAAA[/ame]

Hmmm. The front does look rather shortened in that vid. Could just be the effect of the canopy being slid forward though that makes it look too shortened.

Hmmm. The front does look rather shortened in that vid. Could just be the effect of the canopy being slid forward though that makes it look too shortened.

I will say it again....the pics from the pre-order are too old, the car at Toy Sapiens is an improve version...

So the car as it appears in the video that I was commenting on is not the latest?

I haven't been keeping track to be honest. I tuned out when I saw people measuring to the last 1/4 millimeter. I simply looked at the most recently posted video and saw something that, even to my eyes, looked a little on the overly stumpy side.

So the car as it appears in the video that I was commenting on is not the latest?

I haven't been keeping track to be honest. I tuned out when I saw people measuring to the last 1/4 millimeter. I simply looked at the most recently posted video and saw something that, even to my eyes, looked a little on the overly stumpy side.

For my eyes, the Toy Sapiens' one, is the "last"...

393751_322297447797811_128405257187032_1263766_1999870297_n.jpg

Even the front lights are black and bigger...

Maybe I'm wrong after all...

Last edited:

how you know the box gets damage from USA to "your town" and not from Hong Kong to USA?.. maybe the box get damage on both travels

I would of thought the Batmobile in the official Hot Toys pre-order and the vid I posted was the most up to date prototype that pic that vito81 posted is quite an old picture

I've noticed none of the Hot Toys preorder pics show a direct side view with an open canopy. It does look short as seen in the video. I'll probably display it with a closed canopy, even with the lights and cool interior, the car is sexier with the canopy closed.

Hot Toy build the Batmobile out of people and fans petitions..out of forums like this ones.. !!

They have made.. the Batmobile.. because it will be a sold out not matter what we said here.. or not if you are a true fan of batman or hot toy.. you will buy this beast and holy grail to all batman collectibles ..now.. will Hot Toy bulid this out of a rumour ??

Batwing? I'm sure HT will make it...but, when???

Back