1/6 Batman 1989: Batmobile Collectible Vehicle - Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys Batman 1989: 1/6th scale Batmobile Collectible Vehicle - Specs & Pics

What if the Batman Returns figure is the one who is meant to fit in the Batmobile?

Re: Hot Toys Batman 1989: 1/6th scale Batmobile Collectible Vehicle - Specs & Pics

a-dev, that is outrageous shipping to the UK!

cantoybatbele.jpg

:lol Its pretty nasty isn't it. Its why I haven't ordered yet. However I do know that compared to BBTS I'd still be better off going with Toys2. Their shipping isn't much better plus I'm guaranteed a customs charge and it would work out more expensive. Maybe not so with Sideshow. If shipping from them ended up being as low as the guess they gave me based on an item of comparable size and cost - $40-$50 - then it could well come in cheaper even with the extra charges in Ireland. Although I'm hesitant to accept that 40-50 could be right. Really seems too low to me, unless I'm just so used to Canadapost shipping

I've been keeping a check on Forbiddenplanet.com aswell but as you said so far nothing.

Collectiblesdirect isn't an option. I cannot afford to be charged for this until actual release.

*note to self, don't ever move to Ireland until after you quit collecting.

*note to self, don't ever move to Ireland until after you quit collecting.

:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl LOL. So true dude. It's funny that it's so much cheaper for us to collect in the US, seeing as EVERYTHING comes from China anyways!

:lol Its pretty nasty isn't it. Its why I haven't ordered yet. However I do know that compared to BBTS I'd still be better off going with Toys2. Their shipping isn't much better plus I'm guaranteed a customs charge and it would work out more expensive. Maybe not so with Sideshow. If shipping from them ended up being as low as the guess they gave me based on an item of comparable size and cost - $40-$50 - then it could well come in cheaper even with the extra charges in Ireland. Although I'm hesitant to accept that 40-50 could be right. Really seems too low to me, unless I'm just so used to Canadapost shipping

I've been keeping a check on Forbiddenplanet.com aswell but as you said so far nothing.

Collectiblesdirect isn't an option. I cannot afford to be charged for this until actual release.

Put it on flex pay at Collectibles direct you need to pay a 5% deposit within 2 weeks of your order and you can pay as little or as much as you like, No set payment plan.

As long as its paid for within 4 months after it comes in stock.

Last edited:

I don't think so. For something thats over a year away and they want £100 up front or pay in full. It's one of the reasons I rarely use shops in the UK.

OSB 3 point LayAway PreOrder - Deposit £100.00 + shipping (Please understand what OSB Layaway is - £100.00 is not the final price of the figure)

This will be fully refundable for 48hrs after we publish the full price - after 48hrs then it non refundable.

Last edited:

Well...I'd rather not pay anything right now but Onesixthbruce.....I might go with them. But where do they display the actual full price of the item? I presume I'm blind and/or dim, surely they tell you the full price somewhere...

Well...I'd rather not pay anything right now but Onesixthbruce.....I might go with them. But where do they display the actual full price of the item? I presume I'm blind and/or dim, surely they tell you the full price somewhere...

Its up already, £20.00 shipping to NI

:)

I don't think so. For something thats over a year away and they want £100 up front or pay in full. It's one of the reasons I rarely use shops in the UK.

Thats how we roll :hi5:

We have 20+ PO's already so most people trust us :)

Forbidden Planet International have it up at £499.99. More expensive that OSB but better for you if you don't want to put the cash down atm.

Forbidden Planet International have it up at £499.99. More expensive that OSB but better for you if you don't want to put the cash down atm.

Don't count on them to come through for you though!

Wai man is a great guy to deal with, but i also don't want to put £100 non refundable deposit down on this so early :monkey2

That is because the cockpit and the canopy are too large in proportion to the rest of the car. Also on the HT, Batman sits about 3 inches lower to scale compared to in the movie still, relative to the bulkhead behind him.
So it looks like the bulkhead behind him is too tall even for the figure on the HT, by about 3 inches to scale.

I just noticed something else that is wrong with the HT. The back corners of the windshield are too sharp compared to the real car. These pics prove that.
But my point was that if one slid the canopy back a bit, like it sits in the movie, then the front half of the car wouldn't look as stubby with the canopy open.

Grrrr, thats the .co.uk site. I've had bad experiences ordering from that one before including credit card fraud.

I would consider the .com site but so far they still haven't put it up. :gah:

Grrrr, thats the .co.uk site. I've had bad experiences ordering from that one before including credit card fraud.

That was a big problem and why I never used them.

I would consider the .com site but so far they still haven't put it up. :gah:

Though it's still early yet. Currently put an order in with them for other big Hot Toys items.

Have you tried contacting them to see?

Though it's still early yet. Currently put an order in with them for other big Hot Toys items.

I haven't. Still no reply to you I take it? Do you reckon they'd be your best option?

I emailed them yesterday. No reply so far. Will post as soon as i get one...

I haven't. Still no reply to you I take it? Do you reckon they'd be your best option?

Sadly no. Monday was when I contacted them. Yeah, they don't charge until it's ready to be despatched. Nor is there any cancelation fees and shipping is £10 for anything above £200. It was who I pre-ordered my Tumbler and Bat-Pod last time and delivered.

As much as I want to order it with Sideshow, the sheer size of the box and damage puts me off due to import fees. Imagine due to the size and handling of the box that gets badly mangled. Not that I'm saying it would be but there's that possibility I'm not willing to take the chance on for something thats so delicate made from plastic. Imagine the hassle between damage and then import fees for a bust package. Another one gets sent out with more import fees.

I emailed them yesterday. No reply so far. Will post as soon as i get one...

Good, cheers.

Sadly no. Monday was when I contacted them. Yeah, they don't charge until it's ready to be despatched. Nor is there any cancelation fees and shipping is £10 for anything above £200. It was who I pre-ordered my Tumbler and Bat-Pod last time and delivered.

As much as I want to order it with Sideshow, the sheer size of the box and damage puts me off due to import fees. Imagine due to the size and handling of the box that gets badly mangled. Not that I'm saying it would be but there's that possibility I'm not willing to take the chance on for something thats so delicate made from plastic. Imagine the hassle between damage and then import fees for a bust package. Another one gets sent out with more import fees.

Good, cheers.

Yeah I've pretty much ruled out Sideshow for that reason. With Forbidden planet I've never ordered anything high-end - just hasbro star wars figures. What's their packaging like for expensive items? Its not great for the Star wars figures, really thin boxes.

Back