1/6 Batman 1989: Batmobile Collectible Vehicle - Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys Batman 1989: 1/6th scale Batmobile Collectible Vehicle - Specs & Pics

So would you guys in the States recommend Alter Ego on this one? I can't see why I should pay more through Sideshow?

If you're ordering from another country, I'd recommended any other retailer than Sideshow. Besides having a higher price, their shipping method leaves much to be desired, as they'll ship items in the small, thin packaging boxes (that were meant to fit inside bigger shipping boxes) and there's no guarantee that the flimsy packaging will survive a trip overseas. You'll have to request and pay extra for them to pack out items in a bigger, more appropriate box.

Save yourself the headache and go with Alter Ego. Unless of course you're interested in Sideshow's six month flex payment plan.

Re: Hot Toys Batman 1989: 1/6th scale Batmobile Collectible Vehicle - Specs & Pics

I'm in Texas BTW. Thanks though Solidus, that's good info for the overseas guys. :hi5:

I'm in Texas BTW. Thanks though Solidus, that's good info for the overseas guys. :hi5:

Oh, right sorry. I didn't see your location :lol. Anyway, unless your interested in Sideshow's Flex Pay, Alter Ego, or any other reputable retailer, is worth a shot.

Can't go wrong with AE.
I get a lot of my figures from them too.

Me too. And they offer payment plans now too.

Thanks guys. I just preordered with Alter Ego! Hell yeah, now I can really get excited and start planning my display! I've already got a plan for this baby. I just have to decide between glass or acrylic and find out where to buy the case for the coffee table.

Thanks guys. I just preordered with Alter Ego! Hell yeah, now I can really get excited and start planning my display! I've already got a plan for this baby. I just have to decide between glass or acrylic and find out where to buy the case for the coffee table.

You'll have alot of time to shop around for cases because by the 2nd split shipment you should have your Batmobile by September 2013 :horror

You'll have alot of time to shop around for cases because by the 2nd split shipment you should have your Batmobile by September 2013 :horror

What is a split shipment?...and why would that happen with AE and not SS?

What is a split shipment?...and why would that happen with AE and not SS?

Oh no.....you really don't know......

well.......don't want to cause a panic since it is over a year away but I guess you should be made aware of the current way of things.

AEC, CSC, BBTS are excellent retailers, let me start there :lol

Butt......

Oh no.....you really don't know......

well.......don't want to cause a panic since it is over a year away but I guess you should be made aware of the current way of things.

AEC, CSC, BBTS are excellent retailers, let me start there :lol

Butt......

Now you got him second guessing. :lol

Don't worry Patriot666.
We're still a year away and you shall have your Batmobile when it is released.

Don't worry Patriot666.

I know man! And here I thought all my second guessing was over as soon as I clicked on the 'complete preorder'! But I seriously don't understand what a split shipment is. :dunno

I know man! And here I thought all my second guessing was over as soon as I clicked on the 'complete preorder'! But I seriously don't understand what a split shipment is. :dunno

it's just when they split the shipment. Let's say they only make 5,000 of these. They have 3,000 ready to ship and are still working on the other 2,000. They go ahead and ship the 3,000 first thus making it a split shipment. Slap me if you were just being silly.

Don't worry Patriot666.

:rotfl

It's nothing really, orders from SS get processed right away while the other retailers have to wait a month or two before they get theirs because the boat shipment from China is split into one or two seperate shipments.

Have you ever seen how slow those boats go. :thud:

it's just when they split the shipment. Let's say they only make 5,000 of these. They have 3,000 ready to ship and are still working on the other 2,000. They go ahead and ship the 3,000 first thus making it a split shipment. Slap me if you were just being silly.

No, unfortunately I was serious. Thanks for explaining that. It's what I figured it meant, but wasn't positive.

:rotfl

It's nothing really, orders from SS get processed right away while the other retailers have to wait a month or two before they get theirs because the boat shipment from China is split into one or two seperate shipments.

Have you ever seen how slow those boats go. :thud:

You better knock on wood talking that way :hi5:

How come nobody gets up in arms about the Toynami canopy hatch and how wrong it is? The Hot Toys canopy is pretty much perfect, nothing like this pointy, bullet looking thing. You can tell they stylized it purposely.

toynamiflaw.jpg

Actually, if you watch Batman Returns at the very beginning when he comes into Gotham to fight the Red Triangle gang, there is an above view shot of the batmobile going under a bridge. Toynami's is right.

It IS more pointed than rounded.

There is another shot during the Oswald Cobblepot's School of Driving scene, too.

Am I the only one who has noticed the hood on Toynami's might actually be right? The more I see of the Batmobile in the films, the hood does seem more pointed than rounded.

But my question is, which versions dimensions are they using for the rear? Because anyone who knows anything about the Burton batmobile knows that they shortened the width of the rear for the promotional tour cars because it was too wide to fit on trailers. Just my thought.

Last edited:

Why are my posts disappearing?

Sideshow got back to me about shipping of the 89 Batmobile to Ireland - they said, although they can't give any definite quote yet, items of comparable size and cost are shipped at $40-$50, freight. I rather like that shipping cost range but whats the catch? (other than the fact that I will be paying customs in my own country) Will it take ridiculously long to arrive, will it not be packaged well enough to protect the box and the car from damage?

Back