Bandai Perfect Grade 1/72 《Star Wars》Millennium Falcon

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks gents. The poor old MR is getting "retired" to a friends house now. Next to this, it now looks like a toy.

Surprised to hear PeterthePainter is still going, I thought he had 'retired' from painting.

I might still have a chance. I scooped a PG up months ago, but never got it put together.

Is the Bandai kit that Sideshow has on their site this Perfect Grade version? Or something else?

I’d like to pick one of these kits while they’re available to have somebody do for me somewhere down the line.

https://www.sideshow.com/collectibles/star-wars-millennium-falcon-bandai-904605

This looks to be the second, non limited edition of this kit

The main differences are, this one will not include a lighting kit (so that pic of the interior of the cockpit with light from behind is false advertising). If you want this lit up, you have to purchase the raw components and assemble something yourself. They don't sell a separate light kit for this, but a third party like Tena Controls or someone else might come up with one if there is enough demand.

A possibly bigger point is this kit doesn't have water slide decals, it only has stickers. The stickers are easier to work with, but the decals look better when applied properly.

I think those are the two main differences.

I paid $350 shipped for my LE kit, and that one had a $400 msrp IIRC. I'm betting with a little looking, you would be able to find this non LE kit a lot cheaper than SS's price.

just looked and it's $100 cheaper on Amazon with Prime - here

I saw that it mentioned that, yeah. The lighting isn’t a must have in my case, I think, but the more accurate decals might be worth tracking down the first version for. Thanks for the heads up.

Is there a thread for the Deagostini Millennium Falcon? Bandai is cool but like the bigger scale.

Here's my Deag, starting the perfect grade when I'm done with the Zvesda Destroyer.

Attachments

• IMG_5220.jpg
    IMG_5220.jpg
    381.6 KB · Views: 177
GORGEOUS!!! :rock

Thanks! I wish they weren’t so expensive (and such a pain in the ass company to deal with) because I would love to do another one. I know the mistakes I made and am confident I could really knock the next o e out of the park. Lol

Thanks! I wish they weren’t so expensive (and such a pain in the ass company to deal with) because I would love to do another one. I know the mistakes I made and am confident I could really knock the next o e out of the park. Lol

I think you knocked that one out of the park.

man... thats so beautiful .. very very well done ...

You're talking about the DeAgo here?

What mistakes did you make?
I still haven't started on mine so it would be good to know in advance what to be aware of.

Gotta agree with everyone else here- looks like a gorgeous job from that pic.
I'd be thrilled if mine came out like that.

Back