AVP:Requiem - SPOILER THREAD

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
From what some people are saying in reviews, that might help lol.

im not going to watch this moving expecting the suspence the first movies had.. that time has passed, we all know what these creatures look like & what they do.. so theres no real mystery left. i really think it would be near impossible to make any new movie with these characters as entertaining as the originals.

so.. for this movie i just want to see preds and aliens duke it out( with that R rating):D

enjoy it!@:chew

I agree, we're not likely to ever get another ALIENS or Predator, but I think this film will be more entertaining and fun to watch than it's predecessor. My only hope with it is more emphasis on creatures and less on humans. If your human characters aren't done interestingly enough, it's a waste to show too much of them, which was the downfall of AVP, too much human time and no good characters or stories for them. Truthfully, the Ellen Ripley character and story are what made A1-3 great and Predator was great because Dutch's team was a nice range of character and their story was good. Both were great because you were drawn into the characters and curious as to how things will unfold. AVP makes you want to see the A and P go at it, afterall, it's not A-V-H-V-P.

BAD ASS MOVIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! OMG!!!! GOT TO GO BUT ILL BE BCAK!!!!! LOVED THE ENDING!!!!!:chew:chew:chew:chew:chew

I thought it was okay. The Wolf Predator is a badass and once I started thinking of him as Mr. Wolf from Pulp Fiction the name makes sense. (Although he's not called that in the credits.) It's like the Predators from 1 and 2 were just weekend hunters and in AvP they were students and teachers, but this guy is the Dutch of the predator world - he's sent in to clean up. I liked the Predalien too although we didn't get to see much of it. The humans are just so much cannon fodder, there's something of an attempt to dimensionalize them, but not a whole lot.

Can't say that I'm a fan of the directors, there were a lot of times I couldn't tell what was going on because the action wasn't cut or directed all that great.

Just got back from seeing AvP2 and while I wont rate it as the worst movie of the year it really wasnt that good. The directors spent too much time paying homage to the Aliens, Predator franchise and not enough time on the store. Sure there were some cool sceens and who doesnt want to see a Alien burst outta some kids chest but if Fox wants this franchise to contune they better hire a comic boot writer and not that Armigeddon looser next time. I know this sounds negative but I am glad I saw it .... there are alot worse things to do then spending a afternoon watching a cheesy sci-fi horror movie with friends.

I got what I expected. Two alien species ripping each other apart. That's all I wanted. I thought it delivered on the action. I still wish the studio wouldn't have ripped apart the first one. I love that the wolf predator had a whip! That was bad ass. :cool:

I felt this was about as good as the first. The first was set up better story wise, but this was better action and violence wise. I admit I'm an Alien fan so I root for them, but even I couldn't help but like Wolf. He kicks some serious butt. The title Aliens Vs Predator makes perfect sense: Many aliens, ONE Predator.

The Hybrid also kicked butt. It was a ruthless killing machine (as we all of the aliens). It didn't matter if they were kids, in a wheel chair, or a pregant lady - they killed them all. It looks like they may have only spared the babies, but they got nuked anyway so it didn't matter.

The final Showdown between Wolf and the Predalien was pretty cool. Loved when Wolf ripped out the Predalien's inner mouth and then the hybrid just barfed the acid blood all over Wolf. :lol Pretty much a tie (again :rolleyes: ).

I didn't feel this film really set up a sequel at all like the first though. I'd like to see a third, but just not on Earth. The first was good because it was in the middle of nowhere, but this felt like a monster movie (like Godzilla or the Blob) and not really like the previous films. Overall, a nice popcorn filck with lots of alien gore.

I also liked how the predator ripped off his equipment. He was like bring it! Just like the first movie. :cool:

I am afraid I thought the removal of a Queen, with the Predalien being able to inpregnate folks with litters of chestbursters was idiotic. If they had just stuck to the idea of a queen being born from one of the face huggers, and followed Alien's "canon" it would have been better. In its attempt to be all out action, they left plot and pacing in the toilet. This film seemingly taking place in less than one night was rushed and stupid. I know these critters mature quickly as was established in previous films, but this seemed stupid.

Try this: the face huggers get out. They attack. They get a queen out of the deal,and the queen lays eggs. Mysterious disappearances occur in town as people are kidnapped to become hosts. Then the signal gets to the Predator homeworld, taking time to travel from one galaxy to the next,and he comes running. The Predalien feels as if he/she/it belongs to the Alien hive having never encountered a Predator since the ship incident. As the Predalien becomes jealous of the queen it kills her and the Aliens and it start to take over the town. Maybe 15 more minutes of film to make this thing a little better. I am sure there is plenty of stuff that could have been cut out for some actual pacing. The Predator in this was a bad sumpin' sumpin" though. Liked him a lot. My 8 year old liked it but said it didn't make that much sense. I'm gonna go with his assesment.:lol

I am afraid I thought the removal of a Queen, with the Predalien being able to inpregnate folks with litters of chestbursters was idiotic. If they had just stuck to the idea of a queen being born from one of the face huggers, and followed Alien's "canon" it would have been better. In its attempt to be all out action, they left plot and pacing in the toilet. This film seemingly taking place in less than one night was rushed and stupid. I know these critters mature quickly as was established in previous films, but this seemed stupid.

Try this: the face huggers get out. They attack. They get a queen out of the deal,and the queen lays eggs. Mysterious disappearances occur in town as people are kidnapped to become hosts. Then the signal gets to the Predator homeworld, taking time to travel from one galaxy to the next,and he comes running. The Predalien feels as if he/she/it belongs to the Alien hive having never encountered a Predator since the ship incident. As the Predalien becomes jealous of the queen it kills her and the Aliens and it start to take over the town. Maybe 15 more minutes of film to make this thing a little better. I am sure there is plenty of stuff that could have been cut out for some actual pacing. The Predator in this was a bad sumpin' sumpin" though. Liked him a lot. My 8 year old liked it but said it didn't make that much sense. I'm gonna go with his assesment.:lol

I hated that part! Oh it was so horrific that I ignored it. Major bunch of crap. I now all the sudden dont know what you are talking about. It is as if it's been erased from my memory. :rotfl

OK, im gonna compose myself and re write my post..

To me this franchise is dead period, why is it that the Original movies with stuff all effects and CGI are way better in plot and in content.

This cant be any better or worse than Andersons fiasco, this is what the franchise is becoming a laughable fiasco where each director is trying
to out do the next but they fail to realise that they all SUCK. Redemption for these films can only come from the Originators those being Joel Silver, Ridley Scott & Jim Cameron.

There were some cool scenes like where Wolf was suiting up on his home world and where he took his mask off at the end and charged the PA for the final battle, what i failed to see was Ian Whyte trying to make his own Predator persona and just carbon copying Kevin Peter Hall, i said to myself "if i see him cringe his fingers in and out once more im gonna kill myself" he used all KPH's mannerisms in EVERY scene man like 2 times each. I dont know if im being too critical but i was so pumped by this and i feel just like i felt when AVP came out. Other things that sucked the WANG was the Pred Alien i dunno what this buisiness of impregnating an already pregnant women with a litter of Aliens or whos idea it was but it was distasteful to say the least. Most of the people around me were just laughing man.. WAS ANYONE LAUGHING IN ALIENS???
Id say around 50 mins of the whole movie was all human related scenes which i felt was too much when the star characters should be soaking this whole movie up.
Leaving it open for a 3rd movie now and brining in Yutani? just leaving it open for another Fiasco, id really like them to drop the whole AVP idea man and make Alien5 or Pred3 with credible directing and no bull****, personally i dont think a BLOCKBUSTER can be made out of these 2 franchises anymore AT ALL and thats a shame considering what the franchise used to be

Theres more i didnt like but ill end it here and add later when i remember but i seriously think this whole AVP idea as a credible franchise/movie is down the drain

Last edited:
How DOES a Queen come about? In Alien 3 Ripley has a queen, which they wanted to clone in Alien Resurection. I just assumed that since she was female, she had a queen. But in AVP1, the female with the spikey blonde hair has the first chestburster and it was just normal. So obviously just a female doesn't make a queen. :confused:

I didn't mind the Predalien's pregnating the pregnant woman (that was odd to type), but felt it would have made more sense if they established its ablitity to reproduce earlier. Infact, that whole scene could have been cut and nothing would have been lost, so it really was just a gross/gore factor scene and nothing important. It was creepy though!

attempt to dimensionalize them, but not a whole lot.

Can't say that I'm a fan of the directors, there were a lot of times I couldn't tell what was going on because the action wasn't cut or directed all that great.

EXACTLY, so many obscure scenes that i couldnt see crap all

How DOES a Queen come about? In Alien 3 Ripley has a queen, which they wanted to clone in Alien Resurection. I just assumed that since she was female, she had a queen. But in AVP1, the female with the spikey blonde hair has the first chestburster and it was just normal. So obviously just a female doesn't make a queen. :confused:

I didn't mind the Predalien's pregnating the pregnant woman (that was odd to type), but felt it would have made more sense if they established its ablitity to reproduce earlier. Infact, that whole scene could have been cut and nothing would have been lost, so it really was just a gross/gore factor scene and nothing important. It was creepy though!

The Alien3 Queen is brought about my a hugger thats able to carry 2 eggs and one being a queen. Its like a super hugger that starts off a new hive

Theres massive discussions about this all over the web, if you google it youll find alot of info

OK, im gonna compose myself and re write my post..

To me this franchise is dead period, why is it that the Original movies with stuff all effects and CGI are way better in plot and in content.

This cant be any better or worse than Andersons fiasco, this is what the franchise is becoming a laughable fiasco where each director is trying
to out do the next but they fail to realise that they all SUCK. Redemption for these films can only come from the Originators those being Joel Silver, Ridley Scott & Jim Cameron.

There were some cool scenes like where Wolf was suiting up on his home world and where he took his mask off at the end and charged the PA for the final battle, what i failed to see was Ian Whyte trying to make his own Predator persona and just carbon copying Kevin Peter Hall, i said to myself "if i see him cringe his fingers in and out once more im gonna kill myself" he used all KPH's mannerisms in EVERY scene man like 2 times each. I dont know if im being too critical but i was so pumped by this and i feel just like i felt when AVP came out. Other things that sucked the WANG was the Pred Alien i dunno what this buisiness of impregnating an already pregnant women with a litter of Aliens or whos idea it was but it was distasteful to say the least. Most of the people around me were just laughing man.. WAS ANYONE LAUGHING IN ALIENS???
Id say around 50 mins of the whole movie was all human related scenes which i felt was too much when the star characters should be soaking this whole movie up.
Leaving it open for a 3rd movie now and brining in Yutani? just leaving it open for another Fiasco, id really like them to drop the whole AVP idea man and make Alien5 or Pred3 with credible directing and no bull****, personally i dont think a BLOCKBUSTER can be made out of these 2 franchises anymore AT ALL and thats a shame considering what the franchise used to be

Theres more i didnt like but ill end it here and add later when i remember but i seriously think this whole AVP idea as a credible franchise/movie is down the drain

I think you went into this movie the wrong way. If you truly expected a good story or even mildly good story that is why you didn't like it. The story was total crap! :lol Who cares though. All I wanted was a mindless mess of death. I gave up on the story after Alien Resurection.

My review of AvP
Ok my review of Aliens vs. Predator Requiem a.k.a. AvP2. First off I’m 38 years old so I was 10 when Alien came out, 17 when Aliens came out and 18 when Predator came out. I never saw Alien in the theater because I was too young but one night when I was 12 or 13 I stayed up late and watched it on cable and man did it scare the **** out of me. When Aliens came out I was older and thought it was more bad-ass then Aliens but also it was a natural progression of the franchise. Now Aliens3 and Alien Resurrection IMHO were junk and basically ruined what I though would have been a great series of movies. Now lets talk Predator honestly. Predator was a great sci-fi action movie but the acting sucked, typical 1980’s action movie dialog with paper thin characters, same with Predator 2 but hey we didn’t see these movies with character development or dialog in mind did we? No we saw these movies because the story was cool, or cool enough, and the Predator was bad ass. Who reading this didn’t jump for joy when at the end of Predator 2 we saw a Alien skull hanging on the wall of the Predator space ship, and what did that do to our imagination? Man I remember thinking in my head over and over just how cool it would be to see a Predator take on a group of Alien drones. Later the comics came out and while I didn’t collect them I did read the first 2 books written on the graphic novels and enjoyed them for what they were, cheesy AvP goodness.
Flash forward to 2004 AvP came out and like Lucas’s prequels AvP basically destroyed the whole AvP world that had been created in my mind and on print. Placing it on Earth present day, cold climate, ultra fast gestation of the Alien spawn, WWF sized clumsy Predators who weren’t really bad-ass, and the lame attempt to bring the Bishop character into the present made AvP a mediocre movie at best and a down right slap in the face of AvP fans at worst. Yes Paul Anderson basically killed and buried the AvP franchise before it even got a chance to get off the ground. Thanks Paul Anderson…Luv ya!
Or so we thought…………………..
2007 AvP2 comes out and what did I think of it. Well as a natural progression of AvP1 one it wasn’t that bad but it wasn’t good either just better than AvP. What you have to do is forget Alien/Aliens, Predator/Predator2 (remember I thought Aliens3 and 4 sucked so I have already banished them from my mind) and deal with AvP as its own movie on its own merits, or the lack there of. The story is as pedestrian as they come. The Predator Scar is brought on the Predator ship, which is missing all those predators we saw in AvP with the exception of 2, and a “modified” Predator a.k.a. Predalien bursts out and the ship falls to Earth somewhere in Colorado and all hell breaks loose. During the movie we are given some basic background on the core characters and of course a new “Ripley-like” heroine named Kelly played by Reiko Aylesworth and character name Dallas played by Steven Pasquale a name which is homage to Dallas in the first Alien movie. Now after the Predator ship crashes facehuggers, who are packed in very brittle containers escapes and impregnate a hunter, his son (about time!) and a buch of bums living in a very damp sewer. How the bums survived in that sewer is beyond me but they do, er well at least till the Aliens show up and the logic defying impregnation/gestation/chest busting takes place.
The Predator shows up on earth after being alerted to the crash by a dying survivor on the crash and starts to clean up the mess kinda like Mr. Wolf did in Pulp Fiction. The problem with the Wolf Predator is that he isn’t as cool as Mr. Wolf was in Pulp Fiction. Sure he had some cool gear and some blue liquid that dissolved Aliens and people alike but I never got the “hey this guy is cool vibe” like I did with Mr. Wolf, I think the directors would just assume he is cool and that’s that, well it cheapened a possible cool character and his development in the movie didn’t make him the type of charater we would end up cheering for in the end instead he was just another Predator surrounded by Aliens and humans.
The story progresses and the body count continues to climb, we get to see Jesse in underwear (Damnit this movie is R we should have seen her nekkid) and some jocks get killed but honestly I expected more gore than we saw (Maybe in the directors cut DVD) and the Predalien impregnates women in the maternity ward of the local hospital. Now our band of escapees unifies then divides, and then try to escape thru the hospital which is now Alien central. Our diminishing little band make it to the Hospital and are picked off by the Aliens and of course the Predator who has tracked the Aliens to the hospital and the final battle takes place between the Predalien and Predator. The end of the movie is probably the worst part of the movie because it feels rushed, some characters survive, the Predalien and Predator are killed in a nuclear explosion and like many before it the movie ends on a cliffhanger for a possible AvP3 with some kinda reference to some alien woman and a sequel in space and the future.
Now like I said if you can erase all memory of Alien, Aliens, Predator 1 and 2 then this movie isn’t bad for what it is, a cliché filled popcorn sci-fi horror movie that is more cheese than horror and a compilation of homage’s to movies that went before it but you have to forget about to enjoy. Taken on its own it’s a 3 outta 5 but if you bring the other movies in then it’s a 1 or 2 outta 5.
Well that’s it
Sorry for the bad grammar and run-on sentences but hey that’s what 12 years of catholic skool gave me.
USMCCHET

I dont think there was enough fighting on the Alien/Pred front. I think the humans waxed more Aliens than Wolf even saw..

Edit - I agree, if i was to erase Pred and Alien movies from my mind it would be cool but why dont they stick to canun anymore man? its the canun that made these creatures so successful. It didnt help that alot of the Predator scenes also were seen through vision modes

I agree, if i was to erase Pred and Alien movies from my mind it would be cool but why dont they stick to canun anymore man? its the canun that made these creatures so successful. It didnt help that alot of the Predator scenes also were seen through vision modes

The Brothers went with Andersons f-ed up cannon which IMHO was a mistake they should have done a complete reboot but Im sure that FOX told them they would have to work with what had already come before

I dont think Alien or Predator belong in this generation of movie making to be honest, its like that south park episode where they boys were trying to stop Spielberg from redoing Raiders of the Lost Ark and ruining it, i feel that right now

Back