AVP:Requiem - SPOILER THREAD

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It starts in Australia on Boxing day! (26/12/2007) Can't wait... Wolf reminded me of Keaton at the start of Batman Returns, sitting, waiting for the signal to go to 'work'!

Can't wait to see it... I hope there is more action in the Predator ship, though. There would have to be, I don't think a single plasma shot in their ship would crash it... The Predator wouldn't have shot at the Predalien if that were the case...

Can't wait until the 26th!!!:monkey5

Cool!!!!!!!!

I just noticed it said:

DirectorColin Strause, Greg Strause
ProducerJohn Davis, Wyck Godfrey
WriterShane Salerno, Paul Anderson, Dan O'Bannon, writer and co-creator of ALIEN, Ronald Shusett Writer and co-creator of ALIEN, Jim Thomas , writer and co-creator of PREDATOR

Not too worried about the writing pedigree here gang!

BRING THIS ON!
:rock

Not too worried about the writing pedigree here gang!

BRING THIS ON!
:rock

Actually the Writer is Shane Salerno, the other guys are credited as creators of the characters Alien and Predator...
And I agree!!
Bring it on!!!

3.gif

Last edited:
Oh man, that looks good...

WHY DO I HAVE TO WAIT FOR ANOTHER MONTH???!!!

It would seem Wolf has more than one mask in his collection...

My thoughts :monkey1

Don't know if it was just the quality of the clip but a lot of the Predator effects (everything except the Predators themselves) looked very 'Fan Film'-ish. Also that scene with the arm burning off was stupid. For reason of continuity and lame shock **** horror movies like to do. "Oh I'll just stare at this acid burning a ****ing hole in my arm!" No you'll REACT to it by freaking out and trying to get your jacket off! Same as if scolding hot water was thrown on your bare arm. "But it's cool!" :rolleyes: The humans are definitely going to be really ****ing annoying in this movie and highly unlikable. Like always. *Sigh*

OK, rant over.

Still, looks better than the first.:D

And man is 'Wolf' "One ugly mother ****er." In a pretty good way.

Man, all the stuff that's being given away for the movie is worse than what Spiderman 3 did.

I think, given the reaction to AVP, the marketing group feels a need to show off this film more to build a buzz. If they didn't show off intense stuff and really highlight this movie's better aspects, I imagine ticket sales would be much less than they'd hope because of how many people were left a bit let down by AVP.

I think, given the reaction to AVP, the marketing group feels a need to show off this film more to build a buzz. If they didn't show off intense stuff and really highlight this movie's better aspects, I imagine ticket sales would be much less than they'd hope because of how many people were left a bit let down by AVP.

yep.. what MF said. perfectly true:monkey1

I love all their showing and telling, but considering how AvP turned out...I am not getting my hopes up. And I still don't expect this movie to be masterful storytelling, directing, writing, filming, etc. but I am excited that it is being labeled as better than AvP.

I'm going for the Aliens, the Predators...and that's it... like others, I love the franchise creatures and I want to see them on the big screen again and I hope that sometime in the future we'll get to see these creature get a rightful sequel with one of the past creators (like Scott or Cameron) coming on board.

Oh, he did Event Horizon?That's one of the best Sci-Fi horror movies,I love that movie! But Motrtal Kobat,ehhh

Admittedly, I love the MK games, so I am willing to bet my opinion is slightly "rose-colored". However, it was a great action flick which was very reverential to the source material (now, not even my love of the material could save the sequel ... which Anderson didn't direct).

I agree with you on Event Horizon. Have you seen the director's cut? It makes it that much better in my eyes.

Here's Anderson's directing profile from IMDB:

AVP: Alien vs. Predator (2004) - This is the only average to subpar film in his resume. And, I blame that solely on the studio for forcing him to turn it into a PG-13 movie. And, don't let that director's cut re-release fool you. A large portion of the gorier scenes were never filmed, so they couldn't be re-inserted back into the film. Don't get me wrong, it's okay ... and some of the fight scenes are amazing ... but it wasn't up to the caliber of the previous films.
Resident Evil (2002) - I still like this one (as well as the two sequels that Anderson only wrote). I admit that I hated it at first. But, that was just my "gamer mentality" reacting to the changes. Repeated viewings have convinced me it's a good action flick.
The Sight (2000) (TV) - Never Seen
Soldier (1998/I) (as Paul Anderson) - Good SciFi Action. Kurt Russel does deserve credit for making this one good
Event Horizon (1997) (as Paul Anderson) - Great SciFi Horror
Mortal Kombat (1995) (as Paul Anderson) - Entertaining and true to source game materials ... plus you can't beat Conner MacLeod as Rayden :emperor
Shopping (1994) (as Paul Anderson) - Never Seen

So, why all the hate for this man? I actually look forward to his take on Castlevania (although I hear he isn't directing anymore, just scripting).

I love all their showing and telling, but considering how AvP turned out...I am not getting my hopes up. And I still don't expect this movie to be masterful storytelling, directing, writing, filming, etc. but I am excited that it is being labeled as better than AvP.

I'm going for the Aliens, the Predators...and that's it... like others, I love the franchise creatures and I want to see them on the big screen again and I hope that sometime in the future we'll get to see these creature get a rightful sequel with one of the past creators (like Scott or Cameron) coming on board.

Okay, I loved the original Alien and Predator films. However, how many of them could you describe as "masterful storytelling, directing, etc." Only the first 2 Alien films rank high enough to clear those lofty ceilings. What makes these films kick ass is the action and suspense.

Admittedly, I love the MK games, so I am willing to bet my opinion is slightly "rose-colored". However, it was a great action flick which was very reverential to the source material (now, not even my love of the material could save the sequel ... which Anderson didn't direct).

I agree with you on Event Horizon. Have you seen the director's cut? It makes it that much better in my eyes.

Here's Anderson's directing profile from IMDB:

AVP: Alien vs. Predator (2004) - This is the only average to subpar film in his resume. And, I blame that solely on the studio for forcing him to turn it into a PG-13 movie. And, don't let that director's cut re-release fool you. A large portion of the gorier scenes were never filmed, so they couldn't be re-inserted back into the film. Don't get me wrong, it's okay ... and some of the fight scenes are amazing ... but it wasn't up to the caliber of the previous films.
Resident Evil (2002) - I still like this one (as well as the two sequels that Anderson only wrote). I admit that I hated it at first. But, that was just my "gamer mentality" reacting to the changes. Repeated viewings have convinced me it's a good action flick.
The Sight (2000) (TV) - Never Seen
Soldier (1998/I) (as Paul Anderson) - Good SciFi Action. Kurt Russel does deserve credit for making this one good
Event Horizon (1997) (as Paul Anderson) - Great SciFi Horror
Mortal Kombat (1995) (as Paul Anderson) - Entertaining and true to source game materials ... plus you can't beat Conner MacLeod as Rayden :emperor
Shopping (1994) (as Paul Anderson) - Never Seen

So, why all the hate for this man? I actually look forward to his take on Castlevania (although I hear he isn't directing anymore, just scripting).

Never seen the directors cut of Event Horizon but now that you mention it,I will.:D

I liked the first RE but hated the rest,sorry.

i for one feel quite positive about avp-r from what ive seen, ive heard a few people say how the movie should be more like the originals(predator/aliens) but that will never bloody happen.. what made those movies so special is what you saw those creatures for the first time on screen and i dont think even the best film maker can help you relive that experience. so just enjoy this new movie for what it is. an attempt to keep the franchise alive.

Okay, I loved the original Alien and Predator films. However, how many of them could you describe as "masterful storytelling, directing, etc." Only the first 2 Alien films rank high enough to clear those lofty ceilings. What makes these films kick ass is the action and suspense.

That's why I just mentioned Scott and Cameron. ;)

And the characters/acting. Who can say they love the characters from AvP? And who will say about AvP2?

paul anderson sucks !!!

I think this new directors are going to do a better job !
starting by using the original sound effects exp: pred vision, shoulder canon etc...
The new wolf predator looks bad ass already.
the mask on avp 1 looked so stupid.
This new predator looks and feels old school.
The way it should be. I pre order all the new line up of all the props from avpr
even the 1:1 scale bust of the wolf predator.

SIDESHOW YOU ROCK !!

Well I finally broke down and watch the first 5 min on youtube. I was glad to see that it wasn't what I though which was the PredAlien tearing up 2 dozen Preds. It killed one Pred and the other got hurt in the crash, but got the warning off to "Wolf" before the PredAlien finished off what the crash started.

I never wated to see the PredAlien killing several Preds because I always thought that seemed rather unrealistic.

Back