AVP:Requiem - SPOILER THREAD

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I actually like the hunter/soldier aspect of removing all traces of your activity. Look at Predator, Dutch ordered his team to leave no evidence that they had been there. I imagine the idea is that the Predators value Earth as a hunting ground for some reason, and feel that if there presence is detected outside of those drawn into their hunt, it could compromise their ability to use the planet for a hunting ground.

My biggest issue was the humans and how unengaging their story was and how that was more prominent than the creatures. Wolf was a great Predator to watch, and the PredAlien was cool, just underused.

I saw the movie the other day on the net and I thought it sucked major ass.
Everything moved too fast.I thought the idea of the wolf Predator coming to erase any knowledge of the his and the Aliens kind with that blue ***** was ridiculaous.Why would he need to do that?Why would the predators race even give a *****.Fine..come to earth and exterminate the Aliens because they might be a future threat.But to wipe out all knowledge of them with the blue gue was retarded.

All the human characters sucked as well.That scene were the kid goes to the chicks house and delivers the pizza and gets his ass kicked by the jocks made me want to ralph on my keyboard.The whole human to human interaction was sickening,same as AVP.

And I thought that there were a lot of references to the old movies that were actually good movies.But they we're delivered in a cheesy rip off kind of way.

I did think some of the fight scenes were kinda cool.Oh and the predator was the only reason to watch this movie.

I give AVP-R three thumbs down.

If you think about it, he HAD TO ERASE the existence of the Aliens and stop the spread of them because A] the humans may learn of them and use them for their own purposes IE bio weapons etc, B] if they Aliens have overrun the planet there would be no human prey left and the Alien species would be 1000000000000000000000000000000000000000 strong, the predators would be no match.

So it makes sense... dunno why you thought the plot was BS.. the acting was **** i agree but the Predators role and the plot was excellent.

If you think about it, he HAD TO ERASE the existence of the Aliens and stop the spread of them because A] the humans may learn of them and use them for their own purposes IE bio weapons etc, B] if they Aliens have overrun the planet there would be no human prey left and the Alien species would be 1000000000000000000000000000000000000000 strong, the predators would be no match.

So it makes sense... dunno why you thought the plot was BS.. the acting was **** i agree but the Predators role and the plot was excellent.

It basically boils down to this,IMO these two franchises should never have merged.I like Predator,and I like Aliens but I don't like Aliens VS Predator.Let alone VS movies.

If you really think about the idea of the movie/franchise "AVP".The whole thing is just stupid.Makes for a great video game though.

Conceptually, Aliens and Predators duking it out is a great idea.

The trouble is, the Alien race isn't technological, they're not really conscious or alert persay, they're like a viscious virus, which makes the only viable way for them to come into the lives of the Predator species is to be harvested for sport hunting, or the Predators come accross a derelict ship and become infected themselves.

With those limitations, it then becomes complicated how you can incorporate humans into the mix, but you have to have humans because you need dialogue and relateable/enjoyable humans to make the ride more interactive for the audience.

I think the AVP franchise hasn't lived up to it's full potential becaus focus has been put onto the title characters and the human factor hasn't been properly executed.

If FOX assigned a writing team that is strong at creating engaging characters and story, with no fanboy ties to ALIEN or Predator, and had them knock out a solid script, I bet you'd get an AVP film that's strong enough to stand with The first 2 films in each individual franchise.

A solid movie like this requires a balance of story-character-action-visuals, the first AVP films have spent too much effort on the action and visuals to the point where story and character seem like a 5 year old came up with them. This franchise can't survive on the WOW factor of creatures and special effects, it has too much appeal with fans of the older films and is too departed from them to win them over completely. I enjoy watching AVP and AVPR, but mainly for a mindless 90 minutes of sci-fi escapism, but the A1-2 and P1-2 both had characters you could be interested in and care about and root for, and I don't get that from the AVP franchise.

Conceptually, Aliens and Predators duking it out is a great idea.

The trouble is, the Alien race isn't technological, they're not really conscious or alert persay, they're like a viscious virus, which makes the only viable way for them to come into the lives of the Predator species is to be harvested for sport hunting, or the Predators come accross a derelict ship and become infected themselves.

With those limitations, it then becomes complicated how you can incorporate humans into the mix, but you have to have humans because you need dialogue and relateable/enjoyable humans to make the ride more interactive for the audience.

I think the AVP franchise hasn't lived up to it's full potential becaus focus has been put onto the title characters and the human factor hasn't been properly executed.

If FOX assigned a writing team that is strong at creating engaging characters and story, with no fanboy ties to ALIEN or Predator, and had them knock out a solid script, I bet you'd get an AVP film that's strong enough to stand with The first 2 films in each individual franchise.

A solid movie like this requires a balance of story-character-action-visuals, the first AVP films have spent too much effort on the action and visuals to the point where story and character seem like a 5 year old came up with them. This franchise can't survive on the WOW factor of creatures and special effects, it has too much appeal with fans of the older films and is too departed from them to win them over completely. I enjoy watching AVP and AVPR, but mainly for a mindless 90 minutes of sci-fi escapism, but the A1-2 and P1-2 both had characters you could be interested in and care about and root for, and I don't get that from the AVP franchise.

AVP could have been a good franchise,your right anout that.But The reason why they failed is because of were they took the two gener's.You want to merge the two together fine.But to slap a vs label on as the concept for the merger is doomed to failure.Aliens and Predator are great stand up movies.You can't put them with in the VS catergory like Jason VS freddy.The two are just not that kind of a movie.And you can only go so far with a Pred and an Alien fighting one another.Unless you have full out war between the species.Maybe some humans in the mix.

I think I heard somewere that there is a really good script that the brothers tried to get a hold of but who ever they went to,to try and seal a deal shot them down saying that they could'nt have it.It suppose to be under lock and key awaiting the right time.

Back