AVP:Requiem - SPOILER THREAD

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Last night I saw the first five minutes of this movie in a sneek preview special on Sky . Lets just say I wont bother watching the other 80 minutes or so in the cinema.

In those brief opening minutes we see the PreAlien birth and grow full size, the ship crash land on Earth, Aliens escape and attack two humans oh and the Wolf Predator make his way to Earth from the homeworld. The pacing was utterly ridiculous and it didn't bode well for any depth of plot and character development. In both Alien and Aliens we dont see any real action for at least 40 minutes because those filmakers took time to deveop the characters and establish the world they were in, not to mention masterfuly crancking the suspense little by little.

As a fan of the Alien and Predator series' this is a sad time indeed.

I watched the movies for the creatures, if I wanted some amazing characters, I'd go watch something else...

But that's just me.

-And I get that someone is going to come and tell me we should get both, but you know what? I don't really care. It was an enjoyable movie for me the 4 times I went and watched it.

Last night I saw the first five minutes of this movie in a sneek preview special on Sky . Lets just say I wont bother watching the other 80 minutes or so in the cinema.

In those brief opening minutes we see the PreAlien birth and grow full size, the ship crash land on Earth, Aliens escape and attack two humans oh and the Wolf Predator make his way to Earth from the homeworld. The pacing was utterly ridiculous and it didn't bode well for any depth of plot and character development. In both Alien and Aliens we dont see any real action for at least 40 minutes because those filmakers took time to deveop the characters and establish the world they were in, not to mention masterfuly crancking the suspense little by little.

As a fan of the Alien and Predator series' this is a sad time indeed.

I agree completely. I felt like I had ADHD watching those first 5 minutes.

You do realize that the first 5 minutes shown was cut down, right? One of the directors confirmed it on AVPGalaxy's forums back when it was first on the net. ;)

You do realize that the first 5 minutes shown was cut down, right? One of the directors confirmed it on AVPGalaxy's forums back when it was first on the net. ;)

well, let's hope that that means that we will see a longer less rushed version on DVD. i still don't understand why it was cut down when the movie was 86 minutes long INCLUDING credits already!

I know they've said a minimum of 10 or so minutes will be added, hopefully even more. - One scene I know that's been talked about a lot is the scout ship and the mother ship dislodging, which would put to rest a lot of the casual fans confusion.

It'll be neat to have uncut material, but sadly nowadays Uncut is more a marketing ploy and the restored material is of little substance.

The ALIEN quadrilogy contains true director's cuts, but I fear AVP films will fall to the Uncut/Unrated gimmic of modern film, in which most are just a few moments extra that add nothing to the overall experience.

i finally watched the movie, and i wasnt dissapointed, not much of a story but some good pred action..

just one little problem.. the part where he holds up 2 drones by the neck? i thought warriors were supposed to have razor sharp claws? and he went around blasting those things at close range and got no acid on him???

still enjoyed the movie.

oh and wolf officially pawns all the other preds to date:D:emperor

FINALLY going to see this tomorrow...

It's probably awful, considering it has a UK 15 rating, but I still want to see it...

ANYTHING with Aliens in it is good enough for me...

Which reminds me...

*Rushes off to buy 'Mars Attacks!' on DVD*

I just watched this again today i wont say how *AWESOME QUALITY* i think youll appreciate it and like it more the second time around, WAY better than AVP

this is the worst movie ever!

and certainly a shame for the whole franchise

the critics on the first AvP were somewhat exagurated, but this one really sucks

I had to find out, so I went on looking it in the theatres, and I went to see it with low expectations...well they didn't even reach those low expectations :eek:!

The film wasn't even previewed to the press...so that is on it's own a real indication for the possibility that it was really bad if you do not want the press to see it..

the high grossing is easy to explain, this IS a popular franchise, because of the original movies, and people still have much interests in these movies...
Shame that some studios just think about the money and not about the quality of the whole franchise...they know it's popular, so the know it will bring on a lot of people.

the movie itself:
interesting the first 20 minutes (homeworld of Predator and such was nice...)
when the battle on earth begins however...it became a countdown to the end.
The Strauss brothers who worked as sfx dudes in various big hit movies as 300, titanic...you would have think they would deliver a great job directing a movie...but no! they should keep sticking on sfx suppervisors and such in stead of ****ing up a franchise! stop directing both!

the "humans" well...no depth what so ever, and in this genre you can make interesting characters who have dept, look at Aliens.
The creatures themselves...well hm...where were they? you couldn't see da darn thing! 90% close ups, dark, rainy. It was annoying an by far the wordt photograpy I have seen in a movie.

first I was dissapointed it was a merely 90min feature film, but now I am glad it only was 90minutes long...

AvP was much much much better, and was already considerd a franchise-**** up...Avp was at least well photographed...and you could see what happend.
so why make such a hype about this Avp:R being an R-rated movie when you cannot see the action going on.

so spare yourself some money and do not go see this AvP:R.

this is the worst movie ever!

and certainly a shame for the whole franchise

the critics on the first AvP were somewhat exagurated, but this one really sucks

I had to find out, so I went on looking it in the theatres, and I went to see it with low expectations...well they didn't even reach those low expectations :eek:!

The film wasn't even previewed to the press...so that is on it's own a real indication for the possibility that it was really bad if you do not want the press to see it..

the high grossing is easy to explain, this IS a popular franchise, because of the original movies, and people still have much interests in these movies...
Shame that some studios just think about the money and not about the quality of the whole franchise...they know it's popular, so the know it will bring on a lot of people.

the movie itself:
interesting the first 20 minutes (homeworld of Predator and such was nice...)
when the battle on earth begins however...it became a countdown to the end.
The Strauss brothers who worked as sfx dudes in various big hit movies as 300, titanic...you would have think they would deliver a great job directing a movie...but no! they should keep sticking on sfx suppervisors and such in stead of ****ing up a franchise! stop directing both!

the "humans" well...no depth what so ever, and in this genre you can make interesting characters who have dept, look at Aliens.
The creatures themselves...well hm...where were they? you couldn't see da darn thing! 90% close ups, dark, rainy. It was annoying an by far the wordt photograpy I have seen in a movie.

first I was dissapointed it was a merely 90min feature film, but now I am glad it only was 90minutes long...

AvP was much much much better, and was already considerd a franchise-**** up...Avp was at least well photographed...and you could see what happend.
so why make such a hype about this Avp:R being an R-rated movie when you cannot see the action going on.

so spare yourself some money and do not go see this AvP:R.

:nono:thwak:lol

avp-r might have been bad, but it was certainly better than avp.

:nono:thwak:lol

avp-r might have been bad, but it was certainly better than avp.

Everyone's entitled to their own tastes, but I agree that AVPR had more to enjoy. There was nothing other than the hand-to-hand Pred-Alien fight and the Scar-Queen fight that stands out as highlights from AVP. It wasn't anything special. With AVPR, I enjoyed the score, the camera work for the most part, creature design and effects, and the Wolf Pred's character. Sadly those nice elements were swirled in amidst a sea of crap, but the ammount of run time in the film that they occupied is far higher than the high points of AVP for me. I still watch AVP, but of the 2 AVP films, I'll elect to watch AVPR more often.

Back