AVP:Requiem - SPOILER THREAD

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
what bothers me is that it seems that nowadays these movies are made for teenagers, with no regard or respect for the fans that grew up watching these movies and who made all these executives filthy rich.

You hit the nail on the head! That is exactly why this franchise has so quickly gone down the toilet. :monkey2

I got the feeling that the Predator world was based off the first AVP backstory of pyramid building, a more evolved and technology based world of pyramid like architecture.

I just thought of a cool concept for an AVP film.

What if the film is based on the Predator home world, but a remote area cut off from heavy population, and a human ship accidentally crashes there and it ends up like a Planet of the Apes scenario where the humans are taken prisoner and we're exposed to the functions of the Predator home world, and amidst this, another race which has been feuding with the Predators flys by the Pred world and drops off a small vessel containing Alien drones and alien eggs and it becomes an all out war between a small group of Predators and the aliens, with some humans falling victim to the facehuggers and the rest being pulled into the fight and taking up arms with the Predators.

I got the feeling that the Predator world was based off the first AVP backstory of pyramid building, a more evolved and technology based world of pyramid like architecture.

I just thought of a cool concept for an AVP film.

What if the film is based on the Predator home world, but a remote area cut off from heavy population, and a human ship accidentally crashes there and it ends up like a Planet of the Apes scenario where the humans are taken prisoner and we're exposed to the functions of the Predator home world, and amidst this, another race which has been feuding with the Predators flys by the Pred world and drops off a small vessel containing Alien drones and alien eggs and it becomes an all out war between a small group of Predators and the aliens, with some humans falling victim to the facehuggers and the rest being pulled into the fight and taking up arms with the Predators.

Not bad MaulFan! That would have been a far better movie than AVP-R

It seems as if Fox is trying to fu%# these movies up.

While it's not a bad concept, that'd have pissed off a lot of the 'fanboys' because it's common knowledge in the extended universe that A) Predators don't enslave other races and B) They're the ones who seed other planets with alien eggs.

Though I could see another races using their idea against them, so it's not really a bad idea. As for the enslaving part, who knows what could happen givin the scenario...

I can't remember who posted the idea they had for AVP3, but they thought the Aliens should have survived, and spread out infesting more of Earth, leading the Predators sending more and more of their people here, with it ended up being an all out war with mankind trapped in the middle. - I really like that idea, but it'd sure as hell be hard for the Predator race to maintain the secrecy of their existence.

I think the fundamental issue is FOX ISN'T trying at all. I think most of Hollywood has gone too corporate and the imagination, creativity and adventurous spirits that lead to some of the more entertaining films of old has been lost for box office numbers and profit margins. I'll admit, I do watch things like Transformers and X-Men and enjoy them, but I also see an ongoing pattern of movie makers lacking creativity and just redoing old movies or putting properties into the film medium like comics and cartoons. James Cameron probably was met with some hesitance when he thought of Terminator, same with the guys behind ALIEN and I'm sure even Predator was resisted for a time, hell even George Lucas didn't get support for Star Wars outright, yet all of these guys had vision to do something that hadn't been done and worked to get their visions realized and we the audience got some fun films but the industry is changing and I don't think the filmmakers today have the ability to think like that anymore.

I can't remember who posted the idea they had for AVP3, but they thought the Aliens should have survived, and spread out infesting more of Earth, leading the Predators sending more and more of their people here, with it ended up being an all out war with mankind trapped in the middle. - I really like that idea, but it'd sure as hell be hard for the Predator race to maintain the secrecy of their existence.

Not a bad concept, but sadly it would likely lead to more humans no one could ever give a **** about, and if a whole planet got infested with Aliens, it wouldn't seem plausible for the Preds to even give a **** anymore and just consider Earth lost and find a new planet for their hunting rituals.

well,

I just got back from seeing this great monster flick, (and remember folks, that's all we're talking here!) and I thought it was brilliant. To the point where I'm at the opinion that it was actually better than Predator 2.

The lone predator in this movie was badass and would probably have skinned Danny Glover in Act 1.

Now...... Can anyone tell me the relevance of the lady at the end? did I miss something, I know that was the twist but I didn't catch it.
PS,
saw Sweeney Todd yesterday and can't get over how awesome it was. Stop argueing about a fun B Movie and go and take in a Real Piece Of Art!!!

D
That Lady was someone who owned the Yutani corporation. In Aliens it's reviled that the "company" is called Weyland-Yutani. Basically they're saying that the Predator technology is for "not of this world" meaning it's what gives humans the ability to travel in space. It was really obscure, I had to explain the meaning to a friend who also saw it.

Not a bad concept, but sadly it would likely lead to more humans no one could ever give a **** about, and if a whole planet got infested with Aliens, it wouldn't seem plausible for the Preds to even give a **** anymore and just consider Earth lost and find a new planet for their hunting rituals.

That is a point of view I hadn't even considered, and it does seem VERY likely.

From your last post... now you got me wondering just what would happen if humans somehow crash landed on their planet and survived. Would they be just ****in killed? Taken as slaves? Put through some sort of Predator 'trial' **** (for lack of better words), or locked away in solitude to die? Or maybe taken to the middle of nowhere, for some novice Preds to hunt down?

Well, perhaps the Predators like their entertainment and humans are used for sport, like Gladiator, fighting it out in an arena, not technological weapons, but hand to hand combat like Dutch and the Predator in P1.

If the next movie had more hand to hand combat, I'd gladly pay triple the amount to see it. That was my favorite part of Predator, and in the AVP series of comics, it does show on board ships a circular 'ring/platform' that they battle it out on fist to fist to earn higher rankings, or keep their ranking for hunts. You have a lot of good ideas, maybe you should go get a goddamn job at Fox.

...or you know, it could be that Scar was impregnated with a female. Gee, the damn thing did have a crown, like a Queen.

I don't remember who said it, or where, but, and I'm paraphrasing here, if these creatures were meant to be female, or hermaphroditic then the movies would point it out because audiences are that stupid.

Humans designed the creatures and gave them human characteristics, which SO FAR has been in the image of a male. When we see a female, it'll have swollen breasts and wide hips. The end.

EDIT:

-WolfBoy from the AVP Galaxy forum, said all that needed to be.
I haven't given this entire thread a read so it might have been discussed before, so sorry if we're going over old territory.
Being a Queen or not has no bearing on why the Predalien could reproduce like it did. Maybe they're saying that Alien Queens can also do this, but it was a different alien host it came from, and it was different then any other Alien, Queen or otherwise because of the Pred genes. So I take this new ability, and the fact that Predators have been said to reproduce this way in that novel, as being more then just coincidence.

Last edited:
I haven't given this entire thread a read so it might have been discussed before, so sorry if we're going over old territory.
Being a Queen or not has no barring on why the Predalien could reproduce like it did. Maybe they're saying that Alien Queens can also do this, but it was a different alien host it came from, and it was different then any other Alien, Queen or otherwise because of the Pred genes. So I take this new ability, and the fact that Predators have been said to reproduce this way in that novel, as being more then just coincidence.

The fact is though, that they've said Scar was a male, and Colin Strause said that Chet, the Predalien, was a young queen. The only inconsistency is that the face hugger which got Scar, wasn't darker, or larger, like a Queen's should have been.

If Predators have been said to reproduce this way, you could look at it like the Predalien was transferring it's seed into a host, just like a male does with his ding dong, which is what some people have claimed an Aliens extra tongue could be used for... reproduction.

I honestly think that whole scene was nothing but shock factor, but they have had some success in defending it.

While it's not a bad concept, that'd have pissed off a lot of the 'fanboys' because it's common knowledge in the extended universe that A) Predators don't enslave other races and B) They're the ones who seed other planets with alien eggs.

Though I could see another races using their idea against them, so it's not really a bad idea. As for the enslaving part, who knows what could happen givin the scenario...

But I always got from the first two Alien movies that these creatures are more unknown by the majority of the human race, Ripley and her crew sure as hell never heard of these things, nether did the Colonial Marines. It makes some sense that some of the more higher up governments and corporations know all about these things, since how would Weyland-Yutani know that these things would be useful as weapons? Come to think of it, some of the Weyland-Yutani stuff in the AVP films starts to really fit into the rest of the story in the other films.

The fact is though, that they've said Scar was a male, and Colin Strause said that Chet, the Predalien, was a young queen. The only inconsistency is that the face hugger which got Scar, wasn't darker, or larger, like a Queen's should have been.

If Predators have been said to reproduce this way, you could look at it like the Predalien was transferring it's seed into a host, just like a male does with his ding dong, which is what some people have claimed an Aliens extra tongue could be used for... reproduction.

I honestly think that whole scene was nothing but shock factor, but they have had some success in defending it.
I actually thought that the Alien in the first film might have been meant to impregnate with it's tongue and turn the crew into eggs like in the Directors cut. But it hasn't been established in the Aliens films yet. Maybe Scar was a male and Preds have sex oraly? :confused:
There is one other inconsistency, the chestbursters that the Predalien created didn't have any Predalien characteristics, they just looked like regular Aliens to me (I'm pretty sure that was the case). Either the host's genes only last a generation or they screwed up. I don't think there was much thought given to the whole Predalien ability to begin with, they just wanted something different without really thinking about how it works into either alien creature's canon.

I actually thought that the Alien in the first film might have been meant to impregnate with it's tongue and turn the crew into eggs like in the Directors cut. But it hasn't been established in the Aliens films yet. Maybe Scar was a male and Preds have sex oraly? :confused:
There is one other inconsistency, the chestbursters that the Predalien created didn't have any Predalien characteristics, they just looked like regular Aliens to me (I'm pretty sure that was the case). Either the host's genes only last a generation or they screwed up. I don't think there was much thought given to the whole Predalien ability to begin with, they just wanted something different without really thinking about how it works into either alien creature's canon.

The PredAlien pumped embryos into its victims...which could've been very well the same "blank slate" that facehuggers plant into their's...hence once the Alien embryo "borrows" the DNA of its host...you get the humanoid Aliens in the case of AvP:R...which is the way I look at it.

The gestation was quicker because I believe Paul W.S. Anderson explained he was going to OR had filmed a scene for AVP explaining that the Predators had accelerated the aging and molting process of the Aliens so they could hunt immediately. That was the explanation for the quick birth and aging of the Aliens...hence why the PredAlien was aged quickly...but maybe took a little longer to grow inside the Predator because of a longer gestation period DESPITE the accelerated growth...? Who knows.

Anyways, it hasn't really been dictated "canon" that a Queen has to come from a "Super Face Hugger" like the one seen from the cut scenes of Alien3. Considering that the Alien species desire to grow and survive, maybe the PredAlien embryo changed its genes around inside Scar out of the necessity to survive (maybe it sensed this through whatever "Hive Mind" connection with the AVP Queen) to then program itself as a Queen.........or maybe all PredAliens have this ability....who knows?

Anyways, it hasn't really been dictated "canon" that a Queen has to come from a "Super Face Hugger" like the one seen from the cut scenes of Alien3. Considering that the Alien species desire to grow and survive, maybe the PredAlien embryo changed its genes around inside Scar out of the necessity to survive (maybe it sensed this through whatever "Hive Mind" connection with the AVP Queen) to then program itself as a Queen.........or maybe all PredAliens have this ability....who knows?

Well, I guess ya learn something new every day!

As for the rest, it's a pretty damn good assessment I'd say... poor Scar, such good skills, but ****in everything up by not keepin that helmet on. Damn teenagers from outta space with there uglyness and chestburstin!

I know a lot of people look at it as offensive and distasteful, just like the hugger/burster scene with the kid... but back in the 90's, I don't think anyone would have really cared.

AVP:R at least showed us things that, now-a-days aren't 'kosher' to show... which is one reason why I genuinely did like it.

A lot of people died, brutal nasty deaths, I loved it. :lol

Back