AVP:Requiem - SPOILER THREAD

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I didnt care about the kid much, but the woman made me grimace. Maybe because my wife just gave birth 3 months ago and i saw the whole thing and that wasnt the visual i needed to relive that in my mind lol

I didnt care about the kid much, but the woman made me grimace. Maybe because my wife just gave birth 3 months ago and i saw the whole thing and that wasnt the visual i needed to relive that in my mind lol

:rock:rock:rock:rock Little Jamal!!!!!!!!!!!!:lol congrats man!

Congrtatulations 'daddy' Jamal, I still haven't seen AvP: R, it doesn't open here in the UK for another couple of weeks, but if you're bothered by 'disturbing' births, stear well clear of 'Perfume'.
Fantastic movie based on an amazing book, but the birth at the begining of that leaves you feeling desperate!

The PredAlien pumped embryos into its victims...which could've been very well the same "blank slate" that facehuggers plant into their's...hence once the Alien embryo "borrows" the DNA of its host...you get the humanoid Aliens in the case of AvP:R...which is the way I look at it.

The gestation was quicker because I believe Paul W.S. Anderson explained he was going to OR had filmed a scene for AVP explaining that the Predators had accelerated the aging and molting process of the Aliens so they could hunt immediately. That was the explanation for the quick birth and aging of the Aliens...hence why the PredAlien was aged quickly...but maybe took a little longer to grow inside the Predator because of a longer gestation period DESPITE the accelerated growth...? Who knows.

Anyways, it hasn't really been dictated "canon" that a Queen has to come from a "Super Face Hugger" like the one seen from the cut scenes of Alien3. Considering that the Alien species desire to grow and survive, maybe the PredAlien embryo changed its genes around inside Scar out of the necessity to survive (maybe it sensed this through whatever "Hive Mind" connection with the AVP Queen) to then program itself as a Queen.........or maybe all PredAliens have this ability....who knows?

Good point. They did come from new human hosts. It begs the question just how much do the host's genes incorporate into the Alien's biology. Do they retain any of the previous Host's Genes or only keep them for a single generation? With the different appearances of the xenomorphs in the films (e.g. ridge vs. dome heads, the number of fingers/toes, webs and fins, etc.), I always thought that every generation absorbs different characteristics from Previous hosts.

The Pregnant scene didn't bother me at all, nether did the kid at the beginning. It's supposed to be horror so it's got to make you feel really uneasy at times.

Good point. They did come from new human hosts. It begs the question just how much do the host's genes incorporate into the Alien's biology. Do they retain any of the previous Host's Genes or only keep them for a single generation? With the different appearances of the xenomorphs in the films (e.g. ridge vs. dome heads, the number of fingers/toes, webs and fins, etc.), I always thought that every generation absorbs different characteristics from Previous hosts.

The Pregnant scene didn't bother me at all, nether did the kid at the beginning. It's supposed to be horror so it's got to make you feel really uneasy at times.

It could be very much up-in-the-air whether they retain their host's genes...I would assume that a Queen may pass those genes off to her offspring even in a diluted amount. I would also think that maybe a Queen can very well "control" the genes of her offspring...dictating anything from whether they are worker drones or even whether they share a certain "body style". Perhaps the different body styles throughout the film are also physical markers of a particular Hive...much like how sports teams differntiate themselves not only by name, but by team colors, mascots, etc. Or also because the Aliens are clearly an adaptible and tough species...that the different looks are actually a biological function (as dictated by the Queen's genes...or perhaps control over genes) so they could better adapt in their environment...you might even consider Xenomorph Evolution.

Utter blasphemy.

I was reading an AvP:R thread on another site and they brought up something about Giger basing the Alien on a human roach or something (some quote Stan Winston said in that one book) and Stan made it more roach-like.
This guy who enjoyed AvP:R said Giger ruined the original Alien creature with it's stupid cyborg design. :horror

It could be very much up-in-the-air whether they retain their host's genes...I would assume that a Queen may pass those genes off to her offspring even in a diluted amount. I would also think that maybe a Queen can very well "control" the genes of her offspring...dictating anything from whether they are worker drones or even whether they share a certain "body style". Perhaps the different body styles throughout the film are also physical markers of a particular Hive...much like how sports teams differntiate themselves not only by name, but by team colors, mascots, etc. Or also because the Aliens are clearly an adaptible and tough species...that the different looks are actually a biological function (as dictated by the Queen's genes...or perhaps control over genes) so they could better adapt in their environment...you might even consider Xenomorph Evolution.

So they could be selective in what genes they want to retain in order to improve their survival in general. Control over their own evolution, I like that.
I also like the different hives scenario. Xenomorphs have different races with very different features since the hives have selectively assimilated genes from different hosts.
Still, it doesn't explain why all the Xenomorphs in the Alien films have different features since they all came from the same derelict ship. Possibly the first Alien was from a different hive egg on the derelict ship and the rest in Aliens were spawned from a different batch in another cargo hold? So there was still probably a whole cargo hold of eggs that didn't hatch.
Maybe they're retaining so many different genes that there are recessive traits screwing up their appearances from one generation to another? That makes a bit more sense. I wish the film makers would stop trying to reinvent the Xenomorph in every movie they make. I don't mind dog and Predator versions, but different domes, fins, and the number of fingers stuff has got to go. There needs to be better consistency.

So they could be selective in what genes they want to retain in order to improve their survival in general. Control over their own evolution, I like that.
I also like the different hives scenario. Xenomorphs have different races with very different features since the hives have selectively assimilated genes from different hosts.
Still, it doesn't explain why all the Xenomorphs in the Alien films have different features since they all came from the same derelict ship. Possibly the first Alien was from a different hive egg on the derelict ship and the rest in Aliens were spawned from a different batch in another cargo hold? So there was still probably a whole cargo hold of eggs that didn't hatch.
Maybe they're retaining so many different genes that there are recessive traits screwing up their appearances from one generation to another? That makes a bit more sense. I wish the film makers would stop trying to reinvent the Xenomorph in every movie they make. I don't mind dog and Predator versions, but different domes, fins, and the number of fingers stuff has got to go. There needs to be better consistency.

Good call on the Derelict Ship's eggs! You could be very right in the possibility that both Kane and Newt's parents stumbled upon different cargo holds that contained TOTALLY different hives each with their own identifying "look".

Also you could think that the "growth" of the Alien embryos in their hosts could be a product of their environment like I mentioned before. Kane's ALIEN embryo could've possibly sensed the environment around it...tight quarters, cramped, somewhat dark, recycled air, etc. ALL through Kane...and hence the embryo could've very well grew a certain way to BEST SUIT that environment.

In oppose to that...the Alien drones of ALIENS were building a hive on the harsh terrain of LV-426...which was windy, possibly damp/humid (since everyone was running around on the surface in ALIENS), low visibility because of the winds, so the Alien embryos adapted different features to perhaps better suit that environment. For example, maybe the ridge head is better suited for an outdoor enviroment in which maybe through whatever way the Alien "sees" and "senses"...that particular shape and texture is better suited for outdoors...as opposed to the dome head, which may be able to "sense" better in a cleaner, in-door environment...but may sacrifice some of the durability of the ridge head.

Come to think of it...in ALIENS & AvP:R...the ridge-head Xenomorphs are somewhat "outdoors" (less so in ALIENS...but they probably wandered around a lot to build their hive) while in ALIEN,ALIEN3,ALIEN RESURRECTION & AvP are more "in-doors".

I've also associated that the dome-headed Aliens in the movies are mostly portrayed alone (Alien & Alien3) or low-in-numbers (like in AvP & Alien Resurrection) and I've associated them as the true "Warriors/Soldiers". While the ridge-head Xenos in ALIENS and AvP:R I see more as "Workers/Drones" since they are actually involving in the growth and maintenance of the hives & the Queen.

Overall it comes down to the filmmakers and creators as to what is considered "canon" (a la Lucas MUST APPROVE all in Star Wars for it to be "legit").

Interesting convo we're having here on Alien biology, screamingmetal! :rock

Utter blasphemy.

I was reading an AvP:R thread on another site and they brought up something about Giger basing the Alien on a human roach or something (some quote Stan Winston said in that one book) and Stan made it more roach-like.
This guy who enjoyed AvP:R said Giger ruined the original Alien creature with it's stupid cyborg design. :horror

LOL pretty bold statement, the creature designed couldnt have been any better man. "Alien is Alien" because of those very traits this guy says "ruined it"

Good call on the Derelict Ship's eggs! You could be very right in the possibility that both Kane and Newt's parents stumbled upon different cargo holds that contained TOTALLY different hives each with their own identifying "look".

Also you could think that the "growth" of the Alien embryos in their hosts could be a product of their environment like I mentioned before. Kane's ALIEN embryo could've possibly sensed the environment around it...tight quarters, cramped, somewhat dark, recycled air, etc. ALL through Kane...and hence the embryo could've very well grew a certain way to BEST SUIT that environment.

In oppose to that...the Alien drones of ALIENS were building a hive on the harsh terrain of LV-426...which was windy, possibly damp/humid (since everyone was running around on the surface in ALIENS), low visibility because of the winds, so the Alien embryos adapted different features to perhaps better suit that environment. For example, maybe the ridge head is better suited for an outdoor enviroment in which maybe through whatever way the Alien "sees" and "senses"...that particular shape and texture is better suited for outdoors...as opposed to the dome head, which may be able to "sense" better in a cleaner, in-door environment...but may sacrifice some of the durability of the ridge head.

Come to think of it...in ALIENS & AvP:R...the ridge-head Xenomorphs are somewhat "outdoors" (less so in ALIENS...but they probably wandered around a lot to build their hive) while in ALIEN,ALIEN3,ALIEN RESURRECTION & AvP are more "in-doors".

I've also associated that the dome-headed Aliens in the movies are mostly portrayed alone (Alien & Alien3) or low-in-numbers (like in AvP & Alien Resurrection) and I've associated them as the true "Warriors/Soldiers". While the ridge-head Xenos in ALIENS and AvP:R I see more as "Workers/Drones" since they are actually involving in the growth and maintenance of the hives & the Queen.

Overall it comes down to the filmmakers and creators as to what is considered "canon" (a la Lucas MUST APPROVE all in Star Wars for it to be "legit").

Interesting convo we're having here on Alien biology, screamingmetal! :rock
I think the alien embryo in Kane only adapted to a similar size and environment of it's host. I don't see how embryos can sense outside of it's host. Perhaps they're born with dome heads (I have yet to see a chestburster without a dome head), and after experiencing their environment, they further adapt to it by either keeping the dome or undevelop it before moving on to the adult stage. That could be thrown out the window though if the Predalien's chestbursters had ridge heads, which I doubt since all chestbursters are depicted with dome heads but I can't recall at this time.
I like the different Warriors/Soldiers dome head, Workers/Drones ridge head idea. It does seem to fit. Maybe they adapt to a model in the between stage of a chestburster and a adult once they sense what they're up against? It would improve their survival.

I miss the days when people used to have lengthy conversations here. But the increased number of posts per day have made that more difficult. :duff

Reading through your points on the Alien biology and the situations that may lead to rigid heads and dome heads seems quite plausible man. Although im very partial to the rigid dome myself, it would be really cool if the authority on the "Alien" and canon could write a lengthy book about the creature because its quite a fascinating make up that it has.

AVP-R, so far, has made a total of $74,016,356 so far, according to Box Office Mojo and is still going strong.

AVP-R, so far, has made a total of $74,016,356 so far, according to Box Office Mojo and is still going strong.

Far from a "flop" like a few have mentioned here. I would have to think that all but guarantees an AVP3.

Back