Avengers: Endgame

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Avengers: Endgame (April 26th, 2019)

Let's just acknowledge for a moment the sheer impossibility of any movie ever having a chance of matching the stakes of IW/AEG. Countless trillions of lives across trillions of galaxies across the entire universe lost, later restored, with Thanos then threatening to wipe out double that amount the second time. I'm sorry Galactus but you can still only threaten a few billion on one planet at a time.

Starkiller Base? Psssh. The 200 rebels on Yavin hoping the DS didn't blow them up? The tiniest blip. A few tree hugging smurfs on Pandora? Lol. No villain can ever hope to match what Thanos did and no hero (including future ones in the MCU) can ever hope to make as big of a difference as everyone who appeared in AEG (and yes that includes BW and Professor Hulk who still played massive roles in turning the tide.)

IW/AEG is the definition of "epic."

Last edited:

Why is Rhodey still walking around with leg braces after 7 years? In Iron Man 3, Tony worked out the formula for Extremis, which could regrow body parts of people, and he was able to get the shrapnel removed from his heart. In Doctor Strange, Strange got a call before his car accident where he seemed interested in taking on Rhodey as a patient, and he told the guy playing basketball later that he didn't take on patients' cases where there was no chance he could help them. In Black Panther, Shuri makes Everett Ross as good as new after he gets shot in the spine.

Check YouTube , some interesting theories

Well, there are really no theories to be had. The Russo bro's already addressed this in an interview. They said Peter and his friends that were shown were all part of the snap and gone for 5 years. So they never aged and are still in highschool.

Let's just acknowledge for a moment the sheer impossibility of any movie every having a chance of matching the stakes of IW/AEG. Countless trillions of lives across trillions of galaxies across the entire universe lost, later restored, with Thanos then threatening to wipe out double that amount the second time. I'm sorry Galactus but you can still only threaten a few billion on one planet at a time.

Starkiller Base? Psssh. The 200 rebels on Yavin hoping the DS didn't blow them up? The tiniest blip. A few tree hugging smurfs on Pandora? Lol. No villain can ever hope to match what Thanos did and no hero (including future ones in the MCU) can ever hope to make as big of a difference as everyone who appeared in AEG (and yes that includes BW and Professor Hulk who still played massive roles in turning the tide.)

Which does make no Hulk rage all the more infuriating.

Look I love to joke but for real this time had IW or EG had just ONE Hulk kick ass moment no longer than JUST 3 MINUTES in length IW/EG would be collectively works of perfection never to be equaled again.

The lack of that one component keeps it away from perfection for me and that my dear friend hurts :gah:

Why is Rhodey still walking around with leg braces after 7 years? In Iron Man 3, Tony worked out the formula for Extremis, which could regrow body parts of people, and he was able to get the shrapnel removed from his heart. In Doctor Strange, Strange got a call before his car accident where he seemed interested in taking on Rhodey as a patient, and he told the guy playing basketball later that he didn't take on patients' cases where there was no chance he could help them. In Black Panther, Shuri makes Everett Ross as good as new after he gets shot in the spine.

Great point but I would just accept it and move on.

What makes someone worthy of lifting the hammer? Thanos had no problem holding stormbreaker. That was cool.

Stormbreaker doesn't have that. Mjolnir was enchanted by Odin, not Eitri. So anyone can pick up Stomrbreaker, but doesn't mean they'll actually be able to use it. Even Thor said it in IW, their bodies would crumble or whatever the line was.. And remember Thor channels his power through it.

Let's just acknowledge for a moment the sheer impossibility of any movie every having a chance of matching the stakes of IW/AEG. Uncountable trillions of lives across trillions of galaxies across the entire universe lost, later restored, with Thanos then threatening to wipe out double that amount the second time. I'm sorry Galactus but you can still only threaten a few billion on one planet at a time.

Starkiller Base? Psssh. The 200 rebels on Yavin hoping the DS didn't blow them up? The tiniest blip. A few tree hugging smurfs on Pandora? Lol. No villain can ever hope to match what Thanos did and no hero (including future ones in the MCU) can ever hope make as big of a difference as everyone who appeared in AEG (and yes that includes BW and Professor Hulk who played massive roles in turning the tide.)

IW/AEG literally defines "epic."

With all due respect tho I pretty much didn't feel that much about IW except irritated:pfft:. There's bits and pieces I like, and IMO the beginning has lots of promise, but will always have the issues I didn't like in the first place. Including a mostly IMO weak and practically un-needed Wakanda battle, which IMO was only there to give Thor a super hero landing. It was a version of a climatic buildup, but not what I wanted. Not even sure I'll ever watch IW that much.

And I know millions think it's a "masterpiece".:chug

So EG was a relief at least it had the darkness I was looking for and not-boring heard-this-before script lines, which I'm gonna assume means Marcus and McFeely did most of the script lines thank Gawd. EG wasn't exactly the movie I was looking for either and the handling of Cap/Bucky/Falcon and Loki and Valkyrie is a travesty, but dammit there was so much good too:love. I think Rudd really got a chance to shine; outstanding performances. Thanos/Cap fight mindblowing. So much good stuff like weaving music from other films in. Just little moments too like the kid staring at Rudd without answering, 'coz you really can't talk about something so awful just like that. It was perfect. And Thanos at the last was - perfect.

Still not sure how I feel about Thor but it's hard not to laugh at the end, Hemsworth seems like he's having too much fun.

Let's just acknowledge for a moment the sheer impossibility of any movie every having a chance of matching the stakes of IW/AEG. Countless trillions of lives across trillions of galaxies across the entire universe lost, later restored, with Thanos then threatening to wipe out double that amount the second time. I'm sorry Galactus but you can still only threaten a few billion on one planet at a time.

DC could do it with Darksied and the anti life equation, but unfortunately it will look like they're copying marvel, and it's highly unlikely that it won't have 10 year build up. They also could do an anti monitor storyline or crisis of infinite earth, which involves the multiverse. I'd love to see superboy prime vs everyone in live action too. Again, highly unlikely, but they have the characters and stories to do it.

As far as the MCU, I think they'll have another major event in 10 years. Maybe the heart of the universe or other cosmic entities will be involved. The creator of Thanos said that the reason the mcu didnt have any cosmic entities in the mcu was because the studio felt it was too much for the general audience. However, he said all that might change with future mcu films, including the Dr Strange sequels.

DC could do it with Darksied and the anti life equation, but unfortunately it will look like they're copying marvel, and it's highly unlikely that it won't have 10 year build up. They also could do an anti monitor storyline or crisis of infinite earth, which involves the multiverse. I'd love to see superboy prime vs everyone in live action too. Again, highly unlikely, but they have the characters and stories to do it.

As far as the MCU, I think they'll have another major event in 10 years. Maybe the heart of the universe or other cosmic entities will be involved. The creator of Thanos said that the reason the mcu didnt have any cosmic entities in the mcu was because the studio felt it was too much for the general audience. However, he said all that might change with future mcu films, including the Dr Strange sequels.
Why do you think they’re bringing in the Eternals. Something to watch till the taste of Fox’s X-men and Fantastic 4 is gone from our mouths. Although I doubt the Eternals will be anywhere as big as the Avengers.

Yeah he should. "Next time," lol.

giphy.gif

(I assume you meant Terrence Howard) ;)

:lol

So I am driving home from the gym when it hit me...

Its Terrence!!!

and I knew I was destine to see that gif.. :lol

With all due respect tho I pretty much didn't feel that much about IW except irritated:pfft:. There's bits and pieces I like, and IMO the beginning has lots of promise, but will always have the issues I didn't like in the first place. Including a mostly IMO weak and practically un-needed Wakanda battle, which IMO was only there to give Thor a super hero landing. It was a version of a climatic buildup, but not what I wanted. Not even sure I'll ever watch IW that much.

So EG was a relief at least it had the darkness I was looking for and not-boring heard-this-before script lines, which I'm gonna assume means Marcus and McFeely did most of the script lines thank Gawd. EG wasn't exactly the movie I was looking for either and the handling of Cap/Bucky/Falcon and Loki and Valkyrie is a travesty, but dammit there was so much good too:love. I think Rudd really got a chance to shine; outstanding performances. Thanos/Cap fight mindblowing. So much good stuff like weaving music from other films in. Just little moments too like the kid staring at Rudd without answering, 'coz you really can't talk about something so awful just like that. It was perfect. And Thanos at the last was - perfect.

Still not sure how I feel about Thor but it's hard not to laugh at the end, Hemsworth seems like he's having too much fun.

:exactly: :exactly:

Hey man I respect your opinion on these films as well but I was just talking about the narrative stakes not whether IW and/or AEG were "masterpieces." I mean I think I'd have to say so with all the moving parts so expertly intertwined and concluded but I could see how others would rate these as fun event movies and nothing more.

And if we're talking Oscar bait then yeah TDK and Logan were still on another level. But this was my perfect superhero movie for sure and I can't imagine anything ever coming close to matching it. I really am bummed that jye and JAWS can't say the same. There were so many characters who did separately cool things in the final battle no one would have been "battle fatigued" if they added a few scenes of Hulk wiping the floor with the big Black Order guy and then punching Thanos to the far side of the battlefield where the other heroes would then deal with him.

Yep I agree with Sass as well that kid's reaction was perfect.

Man I'd love to see anyone try and match or surpass AEG, there certainly wouldn't be any harm in giving it a shot!

:lol

So I am driving home from the gym when it hit me...

Its Terrence!!!

and I knew I was destine to see that gif.. :lol

:lol :lol :lol :lol

Hey man I respect your opinion on these films as well but I was just talking about the narrative stakes not whether IW and/or AEG were "masterpieces." I mean I think I'd have to say so with all the moving parts so expertly intertwined and concluded but I could see how others would rate these as fun event movies and nothing more.

And if we're talking Oscar bait then yeah TDK and Logan were still on another level. But this was my perfect superhero movie for sure and I can't imagine anything ever coming close to matching it. I really am bummed that jye and JAWS can't say the same. There were so many characters who did separately cool things in the final battle no one would have been "battle fatigued" if they added a few scenes of Hulk wiping the floor with the big Black Order guy and then punching Thanos to the far side of the battlefield where the other heroes would then deal with him.

Just reading your Hulk idea...I love it I feel much better now thank you...

Hnnnng

Too many Howards. Easily confused. Terrence, Clint, Chan, Stark, The Duck....

Last edited:

Thanks Khev not trying to be a *&^%:duff

I feel for Jaws, me, and anyone noting - gaps:slap. Geez, I was so hyped for IW. And you wonder sometimes why writers do what they do:

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/04/29/movies/avengers-endgame-questions-and-answers.html
STEPHEN McFEELY Another big plot point is when everyone comes back. So the question is, is it early in the second movie? Late in the second movie? You notice the players left on the board are the O.G. Avengers [Captain America, Iron Man, Thor, the Hulk, Black Widow and Hawkeye], and let’s give them their due. It meant that we were likely going to bring people back late. So that if you were a big fan of Doctor Strange or Black Panther or Bucky [the Winter Soldier] or Sam [the Falcon], you’re only going to get a little brief window on them. It can’t be all things to all people....

At least the Hulk is in a better place.
MARKUS There was a time when Banner became Smart Hulk in the first movie. It was a lot of fun, but it came at the wrong moment. It was an up, right when everyone else was down.
McFEELY It happened in Wakanda. His arc was designed like, I’m not getting along with the Hulk, the Hulk won’t come out. And then they compromise and become Smart Hulk.
MARKUS We were like, but he’s Smart Hulk in the next movie. So that diner scene [in “Endgame”], was like, O.K., how do we smash right into that without scenes of him in a lab, gene-splicing?
McFEELY Oh, I wrote scenes in a lab. Now it’s just him eating pancakes and I think it generally works.
MARKUS The whole thing rides on Rudd going, “I’m so confused.”

It's like one of those things where it sounds like the writers and directors are in that little room with the character cards, but somewhere - either 'coz they are genuinely trying to keep things fresh:dunno or they honestly don't know whether they should do something or not (like the girl power moment, which IMO is stupid but mercifully short:slap) - but somewhere it gets forgotten - "yah know, Bucky's a brilliant fighter and Cap needs to TALK to his friends. Thor needs to be Thor. Hulk needs to SMASH because *&^%$ we are in the middle of an all life-threatening battle."

Doesn't matter if we kind've seen it before, nobody complained when Thor lit things up in Wakanda and he'd just done that in Ragnarok.

But LOL I'm not being negative. Seriously:). Because IMO End Game is seriously good - I had feels, laughed, cried and cheered. The Russos gave respect to a beloved amazing unprecedented 10 years.

Where's Beta Ray Bill? Speaking of beta males, Hulk is not only not worthy of Thor's hammer, he's also not worthy of Black Widow. Whatever happened to that relationship? All that talk about smashing....right. :lol

Supposedly the Russo’s have confirmed in an interview with a foreign newspaper that yes Cap did jump timelines to drop off the shield to Falcon.

Cap had to see Red Skull, right?

Well, Banner definitely blew it with Widow. Smart Hulk couldn't possibly have a true intimate relationship with any woman. He ain't fittin in any holes... :monkey3

:rotfl

Back