Avengers: Endgame

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Avengers: Endgame (April 26th, 2019)

Spoiler Spoiler:

Messes with your head....

View attachment 452275

And what of Gamora and Starlord. That's past Gamora who hadn't yet even joined the GOTG let alone fallen for Starlord.

And by taking her out of that time haven't they created a new offshoot timeline where she never will be in the GOTG because she has been removed from that timeline? There's a Starlord in that timeline who has been majorly **** blocked :lol

There's also gotta be a new timeline where Thor is wondering where the **** he left his hammer and how the hell he's supposed to defeat the Dark Elves without it.

Awesome choice of quote and screenshot, lol. Yep there's a major alternate 2014 timeline with no Nebula, Gamora, or Thanos in it now. Cap brought Mjolnir back to 2013 though so at least there won't be an alternate hammerless Thor.

Spoiler Spoiler:

Yeah Cap created another timeline and assumedly went to meet Peggy in that one probably shortly after that Cap went into the ice. Makes you wonder how he got another shield or convinced the Cap of that time to part with it.

Maybe the other Cap just died of old age first leaving the shield to the first Steve so that he could then leave that reality with it and give it to Sam. But I believe you're correct in that it looked slightly different. I think that was just meant to be a clue that it wasn't his original shield from the first reality.

What makes someone worthy of lifting the hammer? Thanos had no problem holding stormbreaker. That was cool.

Only Mjölnir had the enchantment though so anyone can lift Stormbreaker.

Why is Rhodey still walking around with leg braces after 7 years? In Iron Man 3, Tony worked out the formula for Extremis, which could regrow body parts of people, and he was able to get the shrapnel removed from his heart. In Doctor Strange, Strange got a call before his car accident where he seemed interested in taking on Rhodey as a patient, and he told the guy playing basketball later that he didn't take on patients' cases where there was no chance he could help them. In Black Panther, Shuri makes Everett Ross as good as new after he gets shot in the spine.

I don't think the spinal injury patient discussed in Dr. Strange was Rhodey. IIRC, it was a marine in his 30s. Rhodey was in the Air Force and way older than that. This is more likely the pilot of one of the Hammer suits.

As far as Extremis goes, I think Tony shelved it at the end of Iron Man 3 because of how dangerous it was. He fixed Pepper and that was it. Extremis had nothing to do with his heart surgery.

I think Shuri can probably help Rhodey, but hasn't since she basically didn't know him until IW. At that point, she was focused on Vision. Maybe down the road (she seems poised to be the Avengers' new arms supplier).

Not sure if Rocket knew he was sending someone to certain death. I thought he was just worried about the Benatar with his ROTJ callback.

It's possible Rocket didn't know. Been doing some reading to it and it seems Nebula was in it too. She knew Thanos went with Gamora and only Thanos returned, so she probably realized something was up there. Just saying the assignments were probably not random and not a convenient stroke of (bad) luck.

Cap living in an alternate reality is still kind of sad. I mean imagine if your wife died but then scientists were able to clone her and implant the clone with your wife's living memories. She'd look and sound like your wife and would behave the same and love you like she did but you'd always know that it still wasn't *her.* Imagine if your real wife always wanted to go to Paris but you never took her. Then she died and you took the clone to Paris. You'd finally get to have that experience with her but not your original wife. Original Peggy never got that dance. :(

Cap hides his pain behind a smile and makes others feel better. He'd been doing that for a long time. Going back in time and living his life with an alternate Peggy was more about him finding closure for himself, not Peggy. It was his reward, his gift to himself after everything he had given to others. Peggy found a new love and had a family, and got to see Steve before she died. That last dance, that's Steve keeping his promise to himself. Does that make you feel better? Look at the bright side, he still got a better ending than Hulk. Every time you feel bad about Cap, think of JAWS. There's no fixing that...yikes. Sorry, jaws. :wave

Awesome choice of quote and screenshot, lol. Yep there's a major alternate 2014 timeline with no Nebula, Gamora, or Thanos in it now. Cap brought Mjolnir back to 2013 though so at least there won't be an alternate hammerless Thor.

Oh yeah, how could I forget that Thanos himself would no longer be a threat in the alternate 2014 timeline?!

I must have missed that Cap was also returning Mjolnir. The funny thing is he could just pop up in Asgard and literally leave the hammer anywhere - not like some randomer could steal it.

Cap hides his pain behind a smile and makes others feel better. He'd been doing that for a long time. Going back in time and living his life with an alternate Peggy was more about him finding closure for himself, not Peggy. It was his reward, his gift to himself after everything he had given to others. Peggy found a new love and had a family, and got to see Steve before she died. That last dance, that's Steve keeping his promise to himself. Does that make you feel better? Look at the bright side, he still got a better ending than Hulk. Every time you feel bad about Cap, think of JAWS. There's no fixing that...yikes. Sorry, jaws. :wave

Oh man. :lol

Any plot hole is covered by the 1 in 14 million necessity.

Anything that bothers me is covered by "Yeah but just think of poor JAWS," lol.

In all seriousness though I think your assessment of Peggy and Cap and how each ended up is spot on.

Oh yeah, how could I forget that Thanos himself would no longer be a threat in the alternate 2014 timeline?!

I must have missed that Cap was also returning Mjolnir. The funny thing is he could just pop up in Asgard and literally leave the hammer anywhere - not like some randomer could steal it.

He still has to poke Thor's ex-girlfriend. Wonder how that would have played out... :rotfl

I wonder if jaws prefers TDKR over EG? I know TDKR ruined the trilogy for him. EG probably ruined his last 10 years tho. That's truly epic. :lol

Shouldn’t the Asgardians (Earthguardians?) now be worshiping Cap as their king and not broom hilda?

I loved how Thor said to Starlord “We are the As-Guardians of the Galaxy” lol

Hemsworth got impeccable comedic line delivery.

Any speculation as to the next big villain in these films. I suppose a big villain isn't necessarily even going to be a thing, but. . .gotta be Galactus or Dr. Doom, right? Though maybe Doom can just be a recurring villain, and not someone who inevitably builds toward Secret Wars or something. Personally, I would love for it to be a corrupted Captain Marvel. She seems so primed for it based on what we've seen thus far. Incredible power, alongside a lack of empathy and inherent goodness. She's the closest thing Marvel currently has to the countless DC Elseworld stories where a rudderless Superman turns into a tyrant.

Marvel Studios squandered a great opportunity for Thunderbolts led by Iron Patriot with Iron Man 3, but maybe a Masters of Evil.

All the time travel shenanigans could mean Kang is a future threat.

Avengers: Endgame (April 26th, 2019)

So sad for JAWS... 2019 going to be a record year and the end of many franchises as we know them, but only suckiness from Marvel and now JAWS has to wait for more suckiness in December from Star Wars. For him, this year will be remember as sucky... he must reach back to commercials for solace... yet, 2019 is the biggest movie year that will be for many years to come.

First world dilemma.

Worst news for JAWS: before the year's end, there will be an announcement of the remake of the original "Jaws"... and Seth Rogen is tapped to play Matt Hooper.

Do .......not........even..........

Although......

I always assumed a JAWS sequel would be the story of the Indianapolis, told from another character, with Quint being seen only at the very end, scarred and broken.

Fascinating stuff. Man that "1 in 14 million chance of success" really covers their asses on any "well why didn't so and so do such and such instead" now doesn't it, lol.

14 million is a very very big number , especially for scenarios
Sent from the inside of a giant slug in outer space.....

So going by Joe Russo's statements that a soul taken by the Soul Stone is gone forever and time travel creating alternate realities instead of changing the past Gamora kind of becomes the most tragic character in the MCU. At least when BW perma-died it was more or less on her terms. But Gamora was sent over that cliff punching and screaming.

And yeah Cap marries a duplicate Peggy instead of the one he previously knew but at least his Peggy would still "know" him if he entered that reality after the time that he crashed Skull's plane. Star-Lord's new Gamora (if you can call her that) will never be able to recall any of their shared experiences built over three entire films and all the years between. Damn. Harsh.

Back