Avengers: Endgame

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Avengers: Endgame (April 26th, 2019)

Yeah it was great to see the evolution of post-ice Steve with regard to how differently he carried himself in 2023 vs 2012. And like you said awesome to see the new fighting style in the old suit. :rock

I think Clown's on board with AEG though. ;)

plmabCZ.gif

I think I like it more than IW. I have to watch it again to see if the first hour and a half has replay value, or do they talk too much. Obviously, the last hour and all the time travel stuff has replay value.

Just finished my second viewing. I like EG even more now. I think it's now on par to IW for me.

Going back to the Bucky/Falcon/Cap moment at the end, Bucky definitely knew what Cap was about to do. How he told Cap he'll miss him along with that big bro hug shortly before Hulk says it'll only be seconds for them says it all. Bucky was also the only one to look around and scan his surroundings, looking for Cap while everyone else were focused on the time machine.

Jim Starlin, creator of Thanos in the comics, weighs in on Endgame:

"Speaking to IGN, Starlin said he was "amazed" and "flabbergasted" by the events of Endgame. "The up and downs that you have on it. There's some really heartbreaking moments mixed in with a lot of really funny little instances here and there," he explained.

Thanos is killed twice in Endgame; once by Thor, who lops his head off, and a second time--for good--when Tony Stark wields the Gauntlet and snaps Thanos out of existence. Starlin remarked that he was particularly impressed by the way actor Josh Brolin performed Thanos's final moments, when he accepted his fate and sat silently, awaiting his doom.

"His final moments in the movie I think are just priceless," Starlin said. "His demeanor once he realizes what's happening, I think that's just one of those little moments in film that everyone is gonna remember. It's like acceptance and taking it like a man, you know? I thought that was perfectly played."

Also in the interview, Starlin said the character Gamora in the Marvel movies is above all the closest representation of what he created in the comics.

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/what-the-creator-of-thanos-thought-about-avengers-/1100-6466550/

What if Tony used Thano’s actual gauntlet instead for the snap

Well yeah, that makes sense he would be shocked considering the Infinity Gauntlet story was so different and the time travel was set up a different way , not to mention CM was huge in the comic compared to what was done in the film.

Another key ingredient in the comic which was Adam Warlock that was pretty much non existent in the both IW and EG. As a fan of the comic story.this will always be a gripe of mine. :lecture

In IW, when Tony asked Thanos, "You know me?" and Thanos replied, "I do. You're not the only one cursed with knowledge." Is it possible that Thanos knew Tony from watching his own death in the past in the EG scene? :panic:

Holy crap you know what I'm going to assume for Cap's alternate life with Peggy?

That he lived out the life of the original Joe Simon Captain America, the one who didn't get frozen and continued into the 50's with his pal Bucky before Stan Lee retconned his "commie smashing days" by saying that he came out of the ice to join the Avengers in 1963. Because of the silver age retcon Cap has always had two realities and now the movies reflect that too. :thud:

649854._SX1280_QL80_TTD_.jpg

Also the comic retcon began in Avengers #4 and guess which Avengers movie Endgame is--#4!!!!!!!!! Cap gets a new reality in Avengers 4 in both mediums! :panic: :thud:

detail.jpg

Holy crap you know what I'm going to assume for Cap's alternate life with Peggy?

That he lived out the life of the original Joe Simon Captain America, the one who didn't get frozen and continued into the 50's with his pal Bucky before Stan Lee retconned his "commie smashing days" by saying that he came out of the ice to join the Avengers in 1963. Because of the silver age retcon Cap has always had two realities and now the movies reflect that too. :thud:

649854._SX1280_QL80_TTD_.jpg

Also the comic retcon began in Avengers #4 and guess which Avengers movie Endgame is--#4!!!!!!!!! Cap gets a new reality in Avengers 4 in both mediums! :panic: :thud:

detail.jpg

I was watching YouTube and I tell you what people are coming up with will blow your mind.

This one reviewer’s take on the whole time travel concept has got me confused :lol

Avengers #4 comic: Cap is no longer fighting commies in the 50's and comes out of the ice as WWII hero.

Avengers 4 movie: Cap stops being the unfrozen WWII hero and goes back to fight commies in the 50's.

:thud:

lol

Avengers #4 comic: Cap is no longer fighting commies in the 50's and comes out of the ice as WWII hero.

Avengers 4 movie: Cap stops being the unfrozen WWII hero and goes back to fight commies in the 50's.

:thud:

lol

Hail Hydra

I'm glad that they made reference to that in a tongue in cheek way because I think that now it takes that idiotic storyline off the table to ever do in a movie for real.

Yeah but to do it in that spot from the WS battle ..to just completely take it out of the equation now..that was genius :lol

Back