Avengers: Age of Ultron

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm dying to see whether they actually make an Ultron with his classic like in the teaser, I want that figure just as much as I want a Thanos Hot Toys figure and his throne

Meh, even as an Ultron fan, I can honestly say that I can live without the full-blown classic jack o' lantern face. If the production shots are any indication, at least they're giving him a more techno-organic vibe than the average Iron Man suit while preserving the general vibe of his silhouette (rounder head, obvious antennae design, silver with red eyes etc.) That said, if I had to pick an Ultron design to adapt into film, I'd rather go for the Age Of Ultron Variant Cover #1:
avenaou001_ultron_var.jpg

It's a nice mix of his modern version from Annihilation: Conquest combined with a retro sci-fi aesthetic akin to the robot seen in the film Metropolis, coupled with narrow eyes to give him a menacing look. Going by the production shots, its slight resemblance to the cover art gives me hope that we'll at least get a badass-looking Ultron, even if it won't look exactly like classic iterations of the character.

Meh, even as an Ultron fan, I can honestly say that I can live without the full-blown classic jack o' lantern face. If the production shots are any indication, at least they're giving him a more techno-organic vibe than the average Iron Man suit while preserving the general vibe of his silhouette (rounder head, obvious antennae design, silver with red eyes etc.) That said, if I had to pick an Ultron design to adapt into film, I'd rather go for the Age Of Ultron Variant Cover #1:
avenaou001_ultron_var.jpg

It's a nice mix of his modern version from Annihilation: Conquest combined with a retro sci-fi aesthetic akin to the robot seen in the film Metropolis, coupled with narrow eyes to give him a menacing look. Going by the production shots, its slight resemblance to the cover art gives me hope that we'll at least get a badass-looking Ultron, even if it won't look exactly like classic iterations of the character.

I'd rather see something like these tbh, even if it's just a model during his evolution to his final form.

View attachment 106147
special-operation-spec-ops-8-patch-notes.png

Looking forward to this line - I have a feeling this is gonna be a better film than the first too. HT are sure to deliver their best figs to date here. Alien/Predator are my first-loves, so really don't need to own more than one version of each Marvel character...looks like Avengers 2 will be the line to collect. So far, it seems that Joss Whedon has cherry-picked the best aspects of the costume designs in other films. The Avengers 2 Iron Man looks ace (even if it is just an inverted IM3)

Looking forward to this line - I have a feeling this is gonna be a better film than the first too. HT are sure to deliver their best figs to date here. Alien/Predator are my first-loves, so really don't need to own more than one version of each Marvel character...looks like Avengers 2 will be the line to collect. So far, it seems that Joss Whedon has cherry-picked the best aspects of the costume designs in other films. The Avengers 2 Iron Man looks ace (even if it is just an inverted IM3)

I agree :exactly: so far everything is looking great and I can't wait for this movie and all the figures because I plan on getting most of them!!

Have they leaked the Thor costume yet? Really waiting to see how that turns out.

Haven't see anything yet - although based on the other costumes seen so far it should be pretty good - that's probably another Thor figure I'll want to get!! :slap Hopefully we'll see something soon!

You say that now but what about Avengers 3, LOL.

Cap will be a given for me since I like this suit so much more than his AV1 suit. However, Widow looks so similar to her AV1 look and her hair even looks back to its AV1 style (and I love my Avengers Widow), I'll probably pass on her figure for AOU.

With the Avengers line of figures, I want to choose which look I like best and stick with that.

Cap will be a given for me since I like this suit so much more than his AV1 suit. However, Widow looks so similar to her AV1 look and her hair even looks back to its AV1 style (and I love my Avengers Widow), I'll probably pass on her figure for AOU.

With the Avengers line of figures, I want to choose which look I like best and stick with that.

I'm probably in for the full team this go around as well. I imagine being able to have all three Avengers teams on display one day. Espeically since the team will began to rotate going forward.

As i missed out on the first Avengers line, Im looking forward to a potential collection of figures from AOU... even if it scares the living daylights out of my wallet! :horror

You say that now but what about Avengers 3, LOL.

Yup, or the Iron Man re-boot ;) It never ends, there'll always be new versions of everything. My strategy has been to buy swish cabinets, giving me 1.5m of collecting space, and to lose the collectors mentality. That's as big as my collection can realistically get, so, I'm being super-picky. I don't collect comic-book stuff, or villains generally. Just looking to end up with around 30 great examples of Hot Toys. Trying to anticipate that there'll be more movies that crop up, so don't buy entire lines.

I'll follow Hot Toys up until the end of Phase 3 of the MCU. After that, i'll be slowing down on it to one a year or so, or doing a one in, one out kind of thing. I'm a financially sensible collector ;) (read: on an average income, trying to keep up with a mortgage!)

as much as the leaked set photo's of what I believe is Ultron have grown on me I still want a traditional ultron like the comic con teaser, and I would buy any and all Ultrons released

Right. And isnt it funny that all of the super hard metals in Marvel are rare and yet somehow many villains use it, wear it or are laced with it. Heck...in The Wolverine Silver Samurai was made from it! It isnt all that rare.

Still...props to Cap. Theyre doin an awesome job with utilizing his shield in cool ways. Funny...this is the AoU thread and all we talk about is Cap and sometimes Ultron. Kinda funny.

Right. And isnt it funny that all of the super hard metals in Marvel are rare and yet somehow many villains use it, wear it or are laced with it. Heck...in The Wolverine Silver Samurai was made from it! It isnt all that rare.

Still...props to Cap. Theyre doin an awesome job with utilizing his shield in cool ways. Funny...this is the AoU thread and all we talk about is Cap and sometimes Ultron. Kinda funny.

I love Hawkeye's new costume! :D

Back