Avengers: Age of Ultron

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They'll probably do another one and add another Headsculpt or accessories but I'm completely fine with my first Hulk as it is. It's pretty much a definite Hulk figure

Yeah, i have a friend who raves about him. Hulk was the first non Predator figure he's bought. I tried to stay strong, and avoid the Marvel stuff. I was just going to get the TDKR Batman and TDK Joker. 7 figures and the 89 Batmobile later, I am now looking to get a Marvel set up going to have against my future DC JL set up.

If they do another Hulk I would want the more ape like posture to be realised, not a fan of the current one as he's too upright, when he only stood upright after the Loki smash bit.

If they do another Hulk I would want the more ape like posture to be realised, not a fan of the current one as he's too upright, when he only stood upright after the Loki smash bit.

Yeah that would make him more film accurate although I actually hated the ape like mannerism they have him in the Avengers.

:exactly:Yes! you totally get it, I've been saying that for ages, here look:
1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg
and with the group:
5.jpg
just for comparison
PD13454360890l7.jpg

It actually doesnt look that bad, maybe its just the way some people pose theirs. Maybe they'll do a V2 for AOU and they will nail it. I have faith in HT

edit: I found this actually, wayyyy to tall compared to the others
hot-toys-marvels-the-avengers.jpg

This is the pose I wanted! I actually cancelled my pre-order for Hulk due to this, if an Avengers 2 version doesn't happen I'll probably buy an Avengers one just to have a Hulk

I never even ordered him, he just didnt look right to me, I think its just the size, in terms of scale he's just wrong

I never even ordered him, he just didnt look right to me, I think its just the size, in terms of scale he's just wrong

I think the scales right, but because you cant get him into the heavily hunched over ape like pose he looks way too big/tall compared to the other Avengers

Hunching has nothing to do with it. His scale is off. In the movie he appears to be roughly about 10'' tall. The shot of him next to Thor is a good gauge, as is the scene with him thrashing Loki. And dont look at his height. His stature is disceiving. Look at his torso...his width and mass. The size of his skull. Now compare that to the HT Hulk. He is closer to 12' plus as a scale figure. And at that stature he is hunching. My Hulk easily towers 1-1/2 times the size of my other figs, and his knees are bent doing it. He isnt scale at all. He is close, but a bit too tall and too massive. It may look otherwise, but I have good eyes for it. Respectfully, I have 15+ years experience as an art major drawing mostly human anatomy.

Not to say he isnt awesome as is. I love my Hulk fig and it doesnt bug me he doesnt hunch like an ape. I want him to stand over everyone. Even as big as he is, I think he is awesome.

I do wonder if they will make him again...

Hunching has nothing to do with it. His scale is off. In the movie he appears to be roughly about 9-10' tall. The shot of him next to Thor is a good gauge, as is the scene with him thrashing Loki. And dont look at his height. His stature is disceiving. Look at his torso...his width and mass. The size of his skull. Now compare that to the HT Hulk. He is closer to 15' plus as a scale figure. And at that stature he is hunching. My Hulk easily towers 1-1/2 times the size of my other figs, and his knees are bent doing it. He isnt scale at all. It may look otherwise, but I have good eyes for it. I have 15+ years experience as an art major drawing mostly human anatomy.

Not to say he isnt awesome as is. I love my Hulk fig and it doesnt bug me he doesnt hunch like an ape. I want him to stand over everyone. Even as big as he is, I think he is awesome.

He gets bigger when he gets angry!

Haha! My friend and I argue about the Ang Lee Hulk movie. I loved that he got bigger when he got mad. My friend HATED it. Honestly tho...his scale varies a little from scene to scene. Its never dead on. Much like our figs. HT nailed Strike Cap and civie Steve. Those look so bad @$$ :rock

The hunched over Ape movements is one thing I didn't like about Avengers Hulk. I loved the way he moved in The Incredible Hulk. Banner is still human. We don't move like that.

View attachment 107036

@Darth Z - Hulk isn't human that's the point, he's meant to be a monster/animal

Perfect example. Compare this image of HT Hulk next to HT Thor. That looks like two figs in the same photo frame. Compare it to the movie still above showing Hulk standing next to Thor in the ruined building. Hulk is huge as a figure. It is more mass than height. He could be about half a head height smaller. The more Iook at it the less I think it is as off as I believed. Big, but it works.

But Hulk is supposed to be the personification of anger and rage...and it's way worse when Banner is provoked. I would eventually love to see a Hulk who walks and talks with the Avengers like in the comics and such. Actually doing things like in the Planet Hulk prelude before he gets hit with another gamma bomb. I mean I never thought I'd see Hulk trying to articulately dismantle a bomb instead of just throwing it into space or somewhere barren. I actually like Controlled as well as Nerd Hulk. Hell I would eventually love to see Mr. Fix It too XD What I would love to see the most in a Hulk film is She-Hulk, hands down. Red Hulk would be nice as well.

But Hulk is supposed to be the personification of anger and rage...and it's way worse when Banner is provoked. I would eventually love to see a Hulk who walks and talks with the Avengers like in the comics and such. Actually doing things like in the Planet Hulk prelude before he gets hit with another gamma bomb. I mean I never thought I'd see Hulk trying to articulately dismantle a bomb instead of just throwing it into space or somewhere barren. I actually like Controlled as well as Nerd Hulk. Hell I would eventually love to see Mr. Fix It too XD What I would love to see the most in a Hulk film is She-Hulk, hands down. Red Hulk would be nice as well.

Live-Action Planet Hulk movie, YES ....but might not ever happen

Would be great, but I doubt Planet Hulk will ever happen on the big screen. As for the other Hulks...well their even less likely imo. Especially Mr Fix It.

Back