Avengers: Age of Ultron (May 1st, 2015)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
vision_first_look_zpsde5c0b86.jpg

Doesn't look like his original design in terms of colour scheme...
But overall it's a very comic-booky looking character, which is a good enough thing for me.

Can't wait to see if they add this scene to the movie. :monkey3

va4_zps182fe3a1.jpg

Vision looks pretty bad ass, looks like they didn't take many liberties with him. I don't really mind all that yellow in the ab area being banished, although taking his yellow underwear? Gaspar must have some Disney execs on the payroll. :lol

Vision looks pretty bad ass, looks like they didn't take many liberties with him. I don't really mind all that yellow in the ab area being banished, although taking his yellow underwear? Gaspar must have some Disney execs on the payroll. :lol

I wish I had that kind of money :lol

Nah, I doubt anybody at Marvel would stoop to MoS-esque bastardization.

Lol they already changed his origin, as they've done with various other characters, and aside from IM and Hulk, MoS suit is more accurate to it's comicbook counterpart than the rest of the MCU costumes.

Just look at quicksilver and SW :lol how's that for a bastardization?

Lol they already changed his origin, as they've done with various other characters, and aside from IM and Hulk, MoS suit is more accurate to it's comicbook counterpart than the rest of the MCU costumes.

Iron man is pretty spot on. Especially the mark 3 in comparison to the extremis iron man from the comics.

Good thing I don't collect Iron Man figures or I'd be sick of the design :lol

But so far I still find them gorgeous.

Too bad Thor can't get a decent costume treatment.

Cap's suits are different, they have a more realistic/utilitarian approach, but they look fantastic, 'cept for the Avengers one :lol

vision_first_look_zpsde5c0b86.jpg

Doesn't look like his original design in terms of colour scheme...
But overall it's a very comic-booky looking character, which is a good enough thing for me.

Looks good. They kept the red and yellow, which is good. They probably didn't use green because of Loki. They don't want another green and yellow/gold character. That design works. I'm surprised they kept the cape :lol

Given this is just a "first appearance" deal with the Magnus brats, I'm not the least bit worried. I'm sure as the characters become more established in the franchise, they'll look closer to their counterparts. This isn't Fox who made Quicksilver look like a homeless statue street performer, and the essence of each character is there, unlike Spider-Man who's an egotistical ********* or Hopeman who nonchalantly slaughtered tens of thousands in his pissing contest with Zod.

Given this is just a "first appearance" deal with the Magnus brats, I'm not the least bit worried. I'm sure as the characters become more established in the franchise, they'll look closer to their counterparts. This isn't Fox who made Quicksilver look like a homeless statue street performer, and the essence of each character is there, unlike Spider-Man who's an egotistical ********* or Hopeman who nonchalantly slaughtered tens of thousands in his pissing contest with Zod.

:lol Still, it was a pretty cool design cause it was fitting for the hyperactive personality of Singer's QS.

DOFP QS suit > AOU QS suit.

If you want to keep believing that was Superman's fault, that's ok, or if you want to believe there are no examples of changes to the characters in the MCU, that's also ok, but we're talking about suits only here, aren't we?

MoS suit is pretty accurate to the new 52, more than you can say for most MCU costumes.

:lol Still, it was a pretty cool design cause it was fitting for the hyperactive personality of Singer's QS.

DOFP QS suit > AOU QS suit.

If you want to keep believing that was Superman's fault, that's ok, or if you want to believe there are no examples of changes to the characters in the MCU, that's also ok, but we're talking about suits only here, aren't we?

MoS suit is pretty accurate to the new 52, more than you can say for most MCU costumes.

This made me :lol for real. The origins comment is what led to my character descriptions. As for the costume designs, you must be completely unfamiliar with Marvel. Hell, even DC for that matter given the only two aspects where the MoS suit was similar to the New 52 were the lack of chonies and the sleeve extensions.

3305122-4288059176-super.png

Last edited:
This made me :lol for real. The origins comment is what led to my character descriptions. As for the costume designs, you must be completely unfamiliar with Marvel. Hell, even DC for that matter given the only two aspects where the MoS suit was similar to the New 52 were the lack of chonies and the sleeve extensions.

Really? When did SW and QS ever looked like that? When did Starlord look like that before the movie? Thor? Mandarin? Gamora? Abomination? Loki? Malekith? Frost Giants? Even Thanos already looks different, the list isn't short, only a dumbass would deny Marvel has taken their fair share of liberties with the look of the characters. :lol

Pleeeeease, I'm not a comic book scholar, and clearly neither are you, so spare me the "oh you must be clueless yadda yadda" bull crap :lol I just know about the characters I like and read about, but bashing DC for taking liberties with the costume (singular so far) and turning a blind eye to Marvel when there's plenty of that over there too is just hypocritical fanboyism.

Btw, I didn't say MoS suit was a verbatim copy of the new 52 suit, I said it's closer to it's source than most MCU designs are to theirs, and it's true.

Apart from the lack of collar, red belt and paneling, it's very similar, it's even a bit metallic like the new 52 is portrayed sometimes and it's also similar to the earth-2 costume.

Last edited:
Pleeeeease, I'm not a comic book scholar, and clearly neither are you, so spare me the "oh you must be clueless yadda yadda" bull crap :lol I just know about the characters I like and read about, but bashing DC for taking liberties with the costume (singular so far) and turning a blind eye to Marvel when there's plenty of that over there too is just hypocritical fanboyism.

Which is what you're doing, basing your entire argument off of the first appearance of two characters. Cap looks like the Ultimate Cap, Hulk like the comic Hulk, Iron Man looks like Iron Man, Widow like Widow, don't even get me started on Nick Fury. Vision actually looks like Vision, Thanos looks like Thanos, Thor actually does look like his comic counterpart. So excuse me if I call you clueless based on your lack of knowledge there. But given we all know your unrelenting polesquatting on all things WB, at this point I'd say you're just looking to troll. First the snide remarks about Widow and Hawkeye (you have little interest in the MCU as it stands) and the ignorant uniform bashing. Be different if this were the BvS thread, but it's not. :nono :lol

Which is what you're doing, basing your entire argument off of the first appearance of two characters. Cap looks like the Ultimate Cap, Hulk like the comic Hulk, Iron Man looks like Iron Man, Widow like Widow, don't even get me started on Nick Fury. Thanos looks like Thanos, Thor actually does look like his comic counterpart.

I'm nitpicking every minuscule liberty they took on Supes costume but praising Marvel for the huge liberties they take on their characters? That's what I'm doing?

Sure, "basing my entire argument" on those 2 rather than 2 random examples of the many the MCU has.

And Superman doesn't look like Superman... Brilliant, no myopia there.

I didn't mention those because those do look like their counterparts :duh they have minimum changes, just like Superman has minimum changes to the movie suit.

But good job ignoring the rest of the designs I mentioned :lol

You must not be a fan of Thor, that's why all Thor suits look the same to you, Thor's suit looks nothing like the one from the comic, not the classic, nor the ultimate, nor the modern, nor Marvel now's, his simple leather vest became a cluster**** of planeling and pseudo sci-fy rubber/pleather-y chestplate.

So excuse me if I call you clueless based on your lack of knowledge there.
:lol okay buddy, if you really want to believe that.

But given we all know your unrelenting polesquatting on all things WB, at this point I'd say you're just looking to troll. First the snide remarks about Widow and Hawkeye (you have little interest in the MCU as it stands) and the ignorant uniform bashing. Be different if this were the BvS thread, but it's not. :nono :lol

Yeah, you're right, if not for the fact that I praise and critique both DC and Marvel alike, true pole-squatting.

Yeah, because "I don't care for BW nor Hawkeye" is a way more a snide inflammatory troll bait than "DC basterdeezation dis basterdeezations dat!!! :cuss".

You're right about my ignorance too, it's not like the examples I mentioned and you conveniently ignored (not out of ignorance of course) were correct.

And you're also right, I haven't expressed my excitement for any MCU related news ever, sure.

Clearly, everyone's a troll and you're the victim, that's your thing, same old pattern, one trick pony, none of my business.

Carry on with your righteous path to martyrdom then :lol

Last edited:
The equivalent to the argument you're making would be taking Bruce's look in the prison fight scene from BB or the barge rescue scene in MoS and based on Clark's look there, claim that WB has no clue what Batman or Superman looks like. :cuckoo:

Back