Avengers: Age of Ultron (May 1st, 2015)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Jim Lee's very meh, his new 52 designs shine better with other artists.

The equivalent to the argument you're making would be taking Bruce's look in the prison fight scene from BB or the barge rescue scene in MoS and based on Clark's look there, claim that WB has no clue what Batman or Superman looks like. :cuckoo:

Did I ever claim Marvel had no clue? :rolleyes2
For that "equivalent" I'd be needed to complain based off TWS' after-credits but

tumblr_lp48n63yld1qahic2.gif

Last edited:
I personally think Jim Lee's best stuff was his X-Men run.

Although I prefer his work on War Journal better, I did like his run on X-Men. Started to really get tired of his style though with WildCats. Seems about that time (much like when Liefeld was working for Marvel and all of a sudden there was a plethora of copycats), all the artists wanted to copy his style and it just really over-saturated the market.

I'm still waiting for film Captain America to have that scaly fish textured suit.

I never cared for that look to be honest. Back in the day artists drew it as more of a chain mail thing and then somewhere in the late 90's/early 2000's someone (John Cassaday perhaps?) started the fish scales.

Dave Johnson did a couple covers with that look that were pretty cool but that was about it IMO.

dave-johnson-captain-america-v4-no-27-cover-captain-america-fighting.jpg

I liked his fish armor. :lol

So did SS, they used it on their first Cap PF.

True, and it did look good on the PF. The bumps in the texture are supposed to be so subtle though, I don't like the over-sized scales that call such attention to themselves that they actually give him a different profile.

Byrne acknowledged his kevlar/chain mail torso (which protected him from a vampiric neck bite) without making him look like some weird bird or fish man.

arex27_01.jpg

I hope Cap gets some ***** by Cap 3. Poor guy.

Sharon Carter, goofy waitress girl, Peggy or something.

Back