Avengers: Age of Ultron (May 1st, 2015)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Whedon wanted the Maximoff twins because Wanda was the only one who could beat Ultron and her powers were something no one has really seen yet.
I seriously doubt they will kill anyone of the big names off. War Machine won't be killed off since he and Falcon are the only black characters so far, you know someone will stir negative controversy accusing them of racism. Rhodey is a good character they just should have cast a badass instead of nice guy Howard and gentlemanly Cheadle. Marvel has invested a lot into building these characters and this universe and I don't see them casting them aside easily. Renner is supposedly getting a bigger part in Cap 3. I don't see Evans being written out anytime soon. The last film made a huge subplot of his love life, they aren't going to get him laid then kill him. I don't know how confused the movie audience will get at someone else (not Rogers) as Cap since not everyone is as **** as comic fans. If Bucky takes over I would imagine Evans would have to be right alongside him in the same film doing some other job.
I can see after A3, Thor may be off world to deal with cosmic post Thanos stuff. Downey will likely reduce his part to cameos but I can't see him closing the door since there are so many creative possibilities.
Hulk is always a wild card since as Hulk he doesn't work and play well with others so he may not always be an avenger. It really won't be hard to explain absences and Marvel has shown that they just want this universe to keep growing so they won't see a need to thin it out or shrink it. I think the biggest problem will be finding bigger and bigger threats for future team movies. Unless they battle the Celestials lol,

Especially when they keep killing the villains.

They don't need bigger and bigger threats though, to make good movies. I mean, after you do Infinity Gauntlet, it's not really possible anyway, short of God himself appearing to challenge the team. Look how it works in the comics, you get different kinds of threats, conflict, and drama that make for compelling stories, and they aren't always trying to one up what came last.

Robert Downey Jr. On BLACK WIDOW Movie: 'Doesn't Scarlett Johansson Deserve A Break?'

Revealing other solo movies he thinks should be spawned from his Avengers: Age of Ultron co-stars, Robert Downey Jr. weighs in on Scarlett Johansson's super spy getting her own spin-off! Check it out!

Follow DCMarvelFreshman:

By DCMarvelFreshman - 9/2/2014

In response to recent discussions and the longtime demand for Scarlett Johansson to get her own Black Widow movie, USA Today recently asked the actress' Avengers co-star Robert Downey Jr. to weigh in on the possibility. “Doesn’t Scarlett deserve a break?” said the Iron Man star, laughing, while acknowledging that Johansson is about to become a mother. “Look, I think that the interesting thing particularly after [Guardians of the Galaxy] with Zoe [Saldana], even from the first Iron Man where Pepper was kind of this really – to me the Iron Man franchise would never have taken off without [Gwyneth] Paltrow. There’s something about her that grounded the story. She’s not your typical lady in a superhero movie, and then by Iron Man 3 she’s swallowing serums and putting on suits and kicking [butt] and all that stuff. It would be kind of more appropriate for a character that already was like a Black Widow [to lead a movie]. It just seems like whatever Scarlett does people want to go see it.” When USA Today mentioned how Johansson's Lucy movie beat Hercules at the box office, Robert Downey Jr. replied, “The funny thing is honestly at this point everyone deserves a franchise. I think Jeremy Renner is — when folks see the Avengers: Age of Ultron he’s just a rockstar, a badass. And Ruffalo is pumped. He does great (work). I’d like to hear them talk even more seriously about a Hulk franchise, because that’s been one of the toughest ones to get right. But I’m sure that my parent company is feeling expansive and and bold after the summer they’ve had.” What do you think?

Read more at https://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/MarvelFreshman/news/?a=106977#uOwjIUxqbr4e8kFL.99

I think they have lots of potential after TWS. She's out in the open with no big agency protection. Lots of old enemies looking for revenge.

Feel the same about Shazam and Sandman. Especially since they're not connected to the DCCU. :lol

I knooooow :gah: it's mind boggling :lol

Just when we were finally seeing a glimpse of planning on DC's behalf.... And then we took an new line cinema to the knee :lol

I hope they are connected to the universe in some way and it's all a misunderstanding :pray: I'm still waiting for follow up news of that.

However, I love Shazam, the reason for my indifference towards BW and HE is that they're just not interesting characters in the MCU.

I could not care less about BW or HE solo movies.

I would LOVE a Black Widow movie. She's one of my favorite characters in the MCU (my favorite Avenger besides Cap) and I think she could carry her own movie easily. Hawkeye would work great as a supporting character in a BW movie, but I'm not into the idea of a HE solo film.

After reading Secret Invasion and everything on, including Fraction's Hawkeye run. I would LOVE a Hawkeye movie. Especially since they're introducing Bobbi Morse in AOS. He's an absolute badass though I'm not keen on a Nat movie. XD I just hope to god we get to see the real wisecracking but still gets **** done Clint from the 616 universe in AOU. We at least got to see glimpses of that in the BONY.

Here's a better look at Vision.

10666219_694731203934253_1161013742_n.jpg

Looks a little Asian and the all black suit doesn't really seem all that inspired.

Boring.

Back