ATTN: Tonner Lovers - ToyFair Pics - Supes & Aquaman II

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I actually like the Joker head, very cartoonish.

You folks who are bashing these for being 'gay' have to realise, that the people who collect these dolls... they're after something with a certain aesthetic, they're not after 100% screen accurate human looking figures. They're after doll figures, wearing costumes from their favourite films. And for that these Tonner things do their job very well.

Of course I don't collect them... you know me I'm 100% realism all the way... but I do get tired of hearing how certain things are 'appaling' or 'gay' or 'what idiots would pay for these' .... just because YOU don't like them

Honestly sometimes you'd think 75% of this board was made up by 14 year old boys :rolleyes:

I agree, people just dont understand about this style of Dolls, there not action figures, and what so different to those who collect 1/6 action figures, go to a bar and tell some ladies you collect SW 1/6 figures I'm sure they'll think your gay.

I must speak honestly about the Tonners for a minute.

I was able to actually hold my first Tonner "figure" at the recent FX show in Orlando. I was very surprised at the larger scale these are in, the quality of the box they come in, and the quality of the materials and outfit. These are a sight to behold when actually in person.

But, I myself do not understand them. The Harry Potter figures are amazing in their quality and likeness to the characters. The HP figures are the first Tonner figures I ever saw. Since HP though, the headsculpts have REALLY gone downhill/a different direction. I can understand how someone would enjoy the clothing and craftmenship first and look at the face/body second. I can see how they could look at the body as a mannaquin holding the clothes. But after seeing the great Harry Potter figures, how can you look at the Batman and Superman figures and see beauty? I look at the Batman figure and immediately think of a homemade Batman figure made by some kids mom and put on a Ken doll.

I know its fun to make fun of the Tonner figures but I also think that we SSC collectors are spoiled with receiving a rounded figure where articulation, sculpting, and outfit are all on par.

My wife's comment on seeing the pictures;"Look, it's gay pride Superman!" followed by"Look, it's a gay pride parade!". We actually met Tonner a few years ago at a Doll shop over in Jersey when the Tyler dolls were just being introduced. Not only was he so gay that his dolls were in danger of melting, but he's also a pretentious git! Why do all these alleged artists believe they can walk on water? Suffice to say, we were not impressed by him or his products...we still aren't...PS

My wife's comment on seeing the pictures;"Look, it's gay pride Superman!" followed by"Look, it's a gay pride parade!". We actually met Tonner a few years ago at a Doll shop over in Jersey when the Tyler dolls were just being introduced. Not only was he so gay that his dolls were in danger of melting, but he's also a pretentious git!

:emperor:emperor:emperor:emperor

For me the HP Tonner are place-holders because they aren't available in 1/6th.

I don't know why I'm buying the DCs, because the DCD 13 are pretty much exactly what I'd want. I did cancel the Peter Parker - I do have SOME testosterone left.

Back