Toyfair 2012 Coverage pics - starts Feb 12-15

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Please ask what Hasbro's plans are for Star Trek figure-wise and Diamond Select if they are making Walking Dead figures since McFarlane's are so ____ty.

I'll be there doing press coverage. If anyone has any particular questions they want asked to companies, I can give it a shot, but no guarantees I'll be able to ask since I'll be running around between different booths a lot!

Please ask what Hasbro's plans are for Star Trek figure-wise and Diamond Select if they are making Walking Dead figures since McFarlane's are so ____ty.

:goodpost::exactly:

From previous experience, it can be a bit of a pain finding a Hasbro rep willing to talk future plans rather than a booth worker they've hired just for the convention, but sure, I'll ask about Star Trek plans.

Diamond Select is usually pretty on the ball with questions though I imagine if they are making some Walking Dead figures, they'll have something at the show.

I was fortunate enough to get into Toy Fair a couple of years back.
Absolutely awesome. Though I had a bit of trouble figuring out who the Carmen Electra Dance Pole was being showcased for.
The displays were outstanding and it was something I was glad to be a part of and be able to post pix from.

Diamond has screwed the pooch before when it comes to Trek, choosing their godawful 18 inch disasters over what SFM was prepared to give us.
I hope that history does not repeat itself.
Diamond, put the needs of the many [us] over the needs of the one [you].

I'll be there doing press coverage. If anyone has any particular questions they want asked to companies, I can give it a shot, but no guarantees I'll be able to ask since I'll be running around between different booths a lot!

If you could ask DC Direct whether their Arkham City Riddler figure will be coming with his glasses or not, that would be great. And if he's not, WHY aren't they giving him a keep piece to his look in the game? Thanks! :hi5:

I'd be curious if anyone new is breaking into the 1/6 world. We know about Big Chief Studios, but perhaps there are other new players that haven't found us yet?

Oh yeah - ask if anyone is doing new James Bond figures this year to coincide with the 50th anniversary.

McFarlane are gonna have a second series of tv Walking Dead at the show. Even though the first ones were total ass, I'm curious to see if they make another Rick and Shane.

Last edited:
I'd be curious if anyone new is breaking into the 1/6 world. We know about Big Chief Studios, but perhaps there are other new players that haven't found us yet?

Great question.
We need more 1:6 offerings that are affordable to the masses, not just high end [ie: over priced] items.

Nope. It's like I know the 2-ups will look great but the 5 inchers will be just awful. That's why I hope DST does something of note with the licence.

Alright, wrote down all the questions so far!

With things like finding out whether anyone is planning to do James Bond figures or finding new 1/6th companies, that can be tough, especially since some newer startups have lackluster booths so you don't spot it on a walk through the con, but I'll see what I can do.

Back