List your rare video games here (with pics)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Solidus

Super Freak
Reaction score
I'm just wondering how many of you guys have truly rare video games. Now, by "rare", I don't mean the run-of-the-mill, big boxed "Limited" or "Collectors" Editions that are released on a yearly basis (those are just laughable). Instead, I'm referring to games that were released in short supply for a limited time, with prices that have skyrocketed on the secondary market, beyond what any sane person would want to pay.

So, feel free to list your rare games in this thread. And post pictures for proof as well, because it's not cool to just brag about something when you could just be lying about it.

Here's my very short list. I probably have a few more, but I'll have to rummage through some more of my storage boxes to find them. I'll post my pics later today when I get home from work :monkey3.

1. Suikoden II (PS1)
2. Tales of Destiny II (PS1)

Update with pics:

Raregames.jpg

Last edited:
Well i have a pretty big retro collection.
I have many rare consoles including boxed V64 for the N64 and a Blue de-bug Yaroze PS1 system.
I will take pics tonight as i need to sort through it.

But games wise.

1. Conkers bad fur day N64 PAL
2. Snow board kids 2 N64 PAL
3. Turok 3 shadows of oblivion N64 PAL
4. VIB Ribbon PS1 PAL
5. MGS PS1 PAL SEALED BLACK LABEL
I'm trying to get a full PAL N64 colletion together all boxed and the reason i add PAL is they are much more rarer than NTSC AND *** VERSION'S

Xenogears for the PS1 (black label)
Resident Evil for the Sega Saturn. Yes, I was playing it before those PS1 hipsters even heard of Resident Evil.

Those are some awesome lists, guys. It's good to see a lot of MIB stuff. Unfortunately, all of my games are opened :lol.

Solidus forgot to list his signed games.. :lecture

Well, I'd think that the signatures are more rare than the actual games that I got signed. Hideo really needs to come back to NYC :monkey2.

Those are some awesome lists, guys. It's good to see a lot of MIB stuff. Unfortunately, all of my games are opened :lol.

Well, I'd think that the signatures are more rare than the actual games that I got signed. Hideo really needs to come back to NYC :monkey2.

Would love to meet Hideo but probably will never happen.
But i do have a signed Hitman blood money T-shirt by all the team including David Bateson ( the voice of hitman)
I do have lot's of promo stuff too.
But my N64 collection is the biggest, unfortunatley can not be displayed so all tucked away as the is just no room.
I also have a very rare XBOX Original console with a LCD control panel and Xecuter 3 chip with a 250gb hardrive.
Plays every retro game ever released through coin ops 5.

Some of my N64 boxes have seen better days though so i'm often on the look out for boxes.

Would love to meet Hideo but probably will never happen.
But i do have a signed Hitman blood money T-shirt by all the team including David Bateson ( the voice of hitman)
I do have lot's of promo stuff too.
But my N64 collection is the biggest, unfortunatley can not be displayed so all tucked away as the is just no room.
I also have a very rare XBOX Original console with a LCD control panel and Xecuter 3 chip with a 250gb hardrive.
Plays every retro game ever released through coin ops 5.

Some of my N64 boxes have seen better days though so i'm often on the look out for boxes.

All of that sounds awesome! Especially about that rare X-Box that you own, and the signed t-shirt! The things that I treasure the most in my gaming collection are the signed stuff that I have.

I don't believe that any of my N64 games rare, aside from the gold copy of Majora's Mask that was bought at Wal-Mart years ago. I can relate about the boxes. I was a young lad back when I played my N64, and kept my them in terrible condition.

Right now, I'm phasing out all of the used PS1 games that I bought from Gamestop, and buying new and sealed copies from Ebay. It's certainly not cheap though :monkey1.

On another note, I found the box, as well as the disks for my old PC version of FF VII. I don't believe that it was ever rare, but it does sell for enormous prices on Ebay right now.

Sealed games..yeah, I'm guessing you're spending a few bucks on those. Rarity doesn't seem as important as popularity when it comes to retro game prices. Just look at Earthbound. That game was in huge bargain bin piles back in the day. Couldnt give them away. Now, it's a unique classic and retro gaming is cool so the prices have blown up astronomically. That's probably an extreme example though. I'm sure rarity is pretty significant.

I think that the only game that I have that might be considered rare is Dragon Force for the Sega Saturn.

I've kept most of my Square games for Nintendo and PS1: the Final Fantasy games, Chrono Trigger, Xenogears, Front Mission, Secret of Mana, Parasite Eve... None of mine are still sealed, but most of them look brand new.

The favorite in my collection is the very first Final Fantasy game for NES along with the Nintendo Power Magazine that featured it. My second favorite is definitely Vagrant Story... What a great game.

I have them all in storage right now. I'll need to dig them out and take pics.

Not exactly sure how rare it still is but I have a copy of Marvel vs. Capcom 2 for the original Xbox.

Went into EB one day and asked if they had it and shockingly enough they had just gotten a copy turned in. Game was mint as well, no scratches.

Back